Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gaither

Blog Entries

Re: Gaither

Terry was actually drafted more to settle our RT situation, but he never seemed to fit in there. He was drafted right before Pashos finally came into his element, and his footwork never seemed to be right. But, he seemed to do pretty well on the left side. Despite this, he is now penciled in as our RT starting this year. Whether or not he excels there remains to be seen. Gaither I think is our long term answer at LT, provided his work ethic is good. He's got the right frame and mentality for that side. I guess the thought is let him work out the kinks now, that way we either make a move to get a permanent answer at LT or Gaither steps it up sometime in the season and is ready for next year when we expect Flacco to become our full time starter at QB.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

No one has been given anything. Gaither is just going into camp as the first team LT, but he DOES have to earn that spot. If he falters, then Adam Terry goes back to LT. While Terry was not a strong, at LT, on running plays, he was strong in pass protection. At RT, Adam Terry was horrible, but maybe the new OL coaches can fix these problems. Same for Jared Gaither. Remember that their first OL coach was Chris Foerester. yuck.

Coach John Matsko seems to be the right person for a guy like Gaither. I believe he'll be to Gaither what Donnie Henderson was to CMAC during CMAC immature phase.

Last thing to consider is that Gaither is only 22. I am sure some of you (older ones) were a piece of work at 21 and 22. He's trying.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Looks like the gutless wonnder already hurt himself. What a waste of potential Gaither is.

So without knowing the particulars of the injury you're writing him off immediately as him slacking and it being his fault?

From the minimal reports I can find it's an ankle injury so he could well have had his ankle rolled, how is that him hurting himself? I guess it's because he was too lazy to move out of the way or some such?

Give the guy at least half a chance.

Blog Entries

yeah, just like Trevor Pryce...he was injured last year too. what a waste of a player

seriously, you are just DYING for Gaither to up and drag down our offense...it's like the guy has to take on the ENTIRE DL, while reciting the alphabet backwards, for you to think he might be worth more than half a damn.

Do you not trust our coaches? They love him. You think a new coaching staff wants to just hand off the job to someone they don't think is ready? Their future is at stake the next few years, I think they know what they're doing on this one.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie View Post
    Looks like the gutless wonnder already hurt himself. What a waste of potential Gaither is.
    That's a ridiculous statement. Players get hurt all the time. How in the world does that make them gutless?

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    That's a ridiculous statement. Players get hurt all the time. How in the world does that make them gutless?
    He quit on his team in college, can't be bothered with showing up on time for meetings, didn't make 85% of the offseason workouts..the guys has no heart and the Ravens are wasting their time with him. He has no interest in playing football other than getting paid.

8. Re: Gaither

Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie View Post
    He quit on his team in college, can't be bothered with showing up on time for meetings, didn't make 85% of the offseason workouts..the guys has no heart and the Ravens are wasting their time with him. He has no interest in playing football other than getting paid.
    I dont think thats a fair assesment at all. This isnt college and honestly until he does something to deserve it, your critism is unfair. He's also not the only guy that didnt make 85% of offseason workouts. If I am not mistaken McGahee didnt do it either and he's just as important to this team as Gaither at this point. He showed up late, over weight, and out of shape. There are no threads about him not being committed to the team or being a waste, even though he to has a history of that sort of behavior.

I think some of you are just Terp fans that had some sour grapes.
    Last edited by baltimorebirdgirl198; 07-27-2008 at 12:47 PM.

McGahee has established himself in the league, Gaither got abused last year. If anyone should be attending workouts it's him.

As for this not being college, he shows up late for meetings and practices in the pros. His college career just shows his poor work ethic is nothing new.

Not a Terps fan, they are pretty much irrelevant as a football program.

Gaither got abused? Utter, utter tosh. He was average by the standards of most tackles around the league in limited snaps. This year we'll see what he's got in extended service and whether he's got the stamina and mentality to put in a 16 game season. Where is the eagerness in writing him off? We've got a solid fall back with Terry (though he's strugled holding down a starting spot and staying healthy) and Gaither has more upside. What exactly are we losing by seeing whether Gaither can fulfil his outstanding upside?

Blog Entries

i haven't seen any reports of him showing up late for meetings and practices...He was the first vet to report to camp, coming a full day early. Honestly, I think you're just grasping at straws here.

For a 2nd year LT picked in the 5th round (5th round this year technically, since we used a 5th in the Supplemental Draft last year), Gaither is ahead of the curve. The only knocks that beat writers put on him is that he had the poor work ethic at Maryland, but it doesn't seem like anyone is accusing that of him with the Ravens, except RavinDonnie