Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey Guys

Hey Guys

I moved to Maryland from Oklahoma a couple of weeks ago. I am a die hard Charger fan, but since I live in Westminster and the Ravens have a couple of Oklahoma Sooners (I'm a recent grad), I figured I would start to follow the team. Looking forward to a great season, Cheers

Re: Hey Guys

Welcome .... but you'll be on my ignore list till you change teams.

Just kidding .... not really .... really, I am kidding ... but not really.

just as long as you hate everything pissbird
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

Quote Originally Posted by braven98 View Post
    just as long as you hate everything pissbird
    I'm pretty sure a dude recently graduated from OK who follows the Chargers has about a 0% chance of understanding that pissbird = Pittsburgh until it's called out...

- C -

Welcome to Charm City & our humble little board, Bolt. :toast:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Yes, welcome to the board and Maryland! You'll find the area to be pretty nice (The Land of Pleasant Living) and hopefully you'll get a chance to go to a Ravens game. That will convert you, for sure.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    I'm pretty sure a dude recently graduated from OK who follows the Chargers has about a 0% chance of understanding that pissbird = Pittsburgh until it's called out...

- C -
    Haha, I know you guys hate each other, so I figured that was it, thanks for the clarification though. Anything else a newbie like me should know?

I definately plan on going to a game or two, and I should be at training camp when I am not at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bechtel Bolt View Post
    Haha, I know you guys hate each other, so I figured that was it, thanks for the clarification though. Anything else a newbie like me should know?

I definately plan on going to a game or two, and I should be at training camp when I am not at work.
    That team that currently plays in Indiana... they are only to be referred to as Indy or the Irsays.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Anything else a newbie like me should know?
    Yes. If you start a thread about Kyle Boller, we will come find you and beat you with an axe handle.
    If you mention Kyle Boller's name in a thread, certain :troll: trolls will be attracted to the thread like flies to fecal material, and the thread will be instantly all about them lecturing you (and each other) as if you are stupid, or have been in a cave, and did not realize he is either (a) woefully inadequate as a carbon based life form, or (b) still untapped talent.

They will go in circles for awhile, the relative merit of each position long since hashed out in threads beginning with the asteroid strike that led to the passing of the dinosaurs. Nobody even remembers the time when those threads were interesting. They've just always been there, like the homeless people who sleep in tents by the end of the Jones Falls Expressway, downtown, just to the east of the down ramp. Folks who are new to the board and insist on opening or (worse) resurrecting threads about Kyle Boller tend to stick out like boners in sweat pants, if you know what I mean.

So I would suggest staying away from that topic.

That's pretty much it. :whistling:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Boller just needed a new coach. Now he'll be a first ballot HOFer! If you don't agree then you're a stupid cave dweller!

There, got that out of the way.

Uhmmm... let's see here.
    Clowns = Browns
    Bungles = Bengels
    Pissburgh, HillJacks, Smelly toothless women, unwashed miscreants, retards, butt-monkeys = Pittsburgh

That should about cover it. Have fun.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I moved to Maryland from Oklahoma a couple of weeks ago. I am a die hard Charger fan, but since I live in Westminster and the Ravens have a couple of Oklahoma Sooners (I'm a recent grad), I figured I would start to follow the team. Looking forward to a great season, Cheers
    Welcome aboard. What will you do when we play the Chargers? That said, I don't think we play this year.

The basics:

1. Boller stinks.
    2. The Steelgirls, Bangirls and Stains (Browns) all stink like trash.
    3. Some here in Baltimore are still acting like a jilted ex, because the Colts left Baltimore a long long long long time ago. Some of the younger Baltimore fans, like me, really don't care about that. WE only care that we have a football team once again.

4. Joe Flacco's nickname is "Bazooka Joe."
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Welcome....I also live in Westminster. If you need info about the area please send me a note.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998