Flacco taking time to sign

I know it doesn't mean anything but what would you do if someone offered you almost 9 million dollars guaranteed? Would you wait around for a couple days and sign when you get around to it? Personnally I would go immediately to the airport and catch the next plane to Baltimore. What if he trips down the steps and rips both of knees? car accident?

Re: Flacco taking time to sign

I read somewhere that he's going to sign it when he arrives in Baltimore on Monday. No big deal.

But I'm curious about what's going on with our second round pick, Ray Rice. They're cutting it a little close with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I know it doesn't mean anything but what would you do if someone offered you almost 9 million dollars guaranteed? Would you wait around for a couple days and sign when you get around to it? Personnally I would go immediately to the airport and catch the next plane to Baltimore. What if he trips down the steps and rips both of knees? car accident?
    Remember that nationwide insurance commercial where the guy is chosen with the first pick and falls down the steps?

honestly though, Flacco is probably busy setting things up and hiring money managers at this point. its not like the ravens give you a 9 million dollar check and you go to the atm at 711 to deposit it.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Blog Entries

the deal is done, we don't have to worry...let's focus on the remaining draft picks and the start of camp, not that Flacco hasn't technically signed.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Shit if you're worried about him falling down an elevator shaft then you should be thrilled he's taking every last second to sign it. He winds up ruining his career before signing, he won't hit our cap...

- C -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Boh View Post
    Remember that nationwide insurance commercial where the guy is chosen with the first pick and falls down the steps?
    Right. Imagine being 23, just out of college and you sit here on a friday worth about $200 in the checking account and several thousand in debt on credit cards knowing that in 48 hours you will be worth 9 million +. As long as you get your signature on that document...

personally that would make me a bit nervous.

I agree with Boh.

It's like winning Mega Millions -- First thing I would do is get a lawyer, a high end money manager and a business guy to go with me and pick up the winnings.

Same thing with Flacco. I am sure he wants to get the financial side lined up(and the contract read over by his agent) before he signs in blood ... er ... ink.

I don't think its anything to worry about. 9 million is alot of money. You dont just would rush in sign and deposit 9 mil into your checking account. Read over the contract, make sure you understand it and hire a team of lawyers and accountants to help you manage the money.

I think it shows some maturity to wait a couple of days and get your affairs in order first.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

It's like winning Mega Millions -- First thing I would do is get a lawyer, a high end money manager and a business guy to go with me and pick up the winnings.
    I go cash the ticket, get a check and run to the bank. THEN I take my time finding investment advice. I wouldn't rush out and hire a lawyer or any money man, there are one or two out there you shouldn't trust.

Megamillions, at least in Texas, pays out in treasury bonds and not a check. Plus, anytime you have a deposit over $9,000 the IRS and the Feds get notified and you have to fill out all kinds of paperwork.

I have never seen a treasury bond, let alone would know what to do with one. I hear Jonathan Murry on Ron Smith's show all the time so I think I could trust him.

Hope this doesn't ignite a fan backlash and delay the debate of his induction to the ROH.
    Last edited by RavinDonnie; 07-20-2008 at 02:31 PM.