Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Chester Taylor Friday against Ravens

Alhtough it is only pre-season it's going to be interesting to see how Chester Taylor does against our first team defense. The thrid game is always the best as starters play longer. However it's only pre-season.

Blog Entries

Re: Chester Taylor Friday against Ravens

I predict he won't do that well against our first team. He hasn't really been anything special so far for the Vikings and our defense has been doing pretty well shutting down the run in preseason (both opponents were held to less than 100 yards total rushing)
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag
    I predict he won't do that well against our first team. He hasn't really been anything special so far for the Vikings and our defense has been doing pretty well shutting down the run in preseason (both opponents were held to less than 100 yards total rushing)

I predict nobody will do well against our #1 D!!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

I'm sure he's going to be looking for a big night against our D. You always want to show up your former team. Hopefully it won't be like last year with Ed Hartwell in the preseason game, where he intercepted Boller's first pass. :grbac:

Blog Entries

That was the pre-season opener, so we were a bit rusty...

This is two games in...we're speeding up to regular season form. I think he'll do pretty well, but overall, we'll probably shut him down.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag
    I think he'll do pretty well, but overall, we'll probably shut him down.
    He'll do pretty well but we'll probably shut him down? Has does that work, Scallywag? Which will it be?

Let me clear it up for you -- he won't do squat running the ball against us.

Chester Taylor looked real good against Pitts defense (which has looked very suspect BTW through pre-season). He had a 30+ yard run negated by a holding call. All around, he seemed to have his way with their 'D'. This should be a relatively solid test for run defense.

I'd like to think the D can shut him down, but they let the Eagles reel off a couple of good runs, didn't they?
    All in all, I believe the Ravens should win on Friday night.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Blog Entries

perhaps, but we still had that "bend, do not break" mentality working for us...

The big play you might be thinking of was actually a pass to Buckhalter.

The longest run any Eagle had was 13 yards by Marty Johnson. Both "feature" RBs (Buckhalter and Moats each had over 4 carries) averaged about a yard per carry.

I'm hoping Chester does well, not against us, but in the regular season in general. I have him in my keeper league and can keep him for only a 17th round pick!

Sounds like MIN upgraded their o-line, they intend to go with Chester as the lead back and not take a committee approach (at least for now), and they will have to have a strong running game with Brad Johnson behind center. The pieces are in place for Chester to succeed. If he can continue his roughly 4 yds per carry average, he'll have a really good season. Those games he started in place of Jamal, he usually did pretty well. Didn't he have at least a couple of 100 yd games? But it remains to be seen if he can succeed as a starter across a whole season.

Blog Entries

I've always though Chester was really productive as a receiving RB. Hopefully Minny will be able to use him in a multi-faceted role.

If he is smart, he will find the sidelines quick.