Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Chester Taylor Friday against Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag
    I predict he won't do that well against our first team. He hasn't really been anything special so far for the Vikings and our defense has been doing pretty well shutting down the run in preseason (both opponents were held to less than 100 yards total rushing)

I predict nobody will do well against our #1 D!!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

I'm hoping Chester does well, not against us, but in the regular season in general.
    This is about where I am. I thought Chester was one of our better overall players as far as not just what he did for us, but the way he carried himself on the team.

I wish him the best, I really do. At the same time I hope he gets no more than 10 yards on us. :)

3. Re: Chester Taylor Friday against Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG
    This is about where I am. I thought Chester was one of our better overall players as far as not just what he did for us, but the way he carried himself on the team.

I wish him the best, I really do. At the same time I hope he gets no more than 10 yards on us. :)
    I agree. I met him a couple times at the barbershop and he seemed pretty quiet and unassuming. I thought he did pretty well here and wish him the best after tonight.

Patient runners seem to do ok (relatively speaking) against the Ravens because of the Ravens' aggressiveness and fly-to-the-ball approach. Taylor is patient and is willing to let his blocking develop. Consequently he could have a decent outing unless Bart Scott has something for "50 Cent."

More in Aaron's piece on Chester today http://www.ravens24x7.com/column_vie...67a81f02859354

Chester may do very well tonight for two reasons.

1. He is a good running back with good speed, a pinch shiftiness, and a measure of power.

2. Taylor has an excellent offensive line to clear the way for him. Their left side is one of the best in the business.

On the other hand, the Baltimore defense under Buddy Ryan gels further with each passing game. It should be great fun to watch.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Quote Originally Posted by Art-Florida
    Chester may do very well tonight for two reasons.

1. He is a good running back with good speed, a pinch shiftiness, and a measure of power.

2. Taylor has an excellent offensive line to clear the way for him. Their left side is one of the best in the business.

On the other hand, the Baltimore defense under Buddy Ryan gels further with each passing game. It should be great fun to watch.
    Wrong Ryan, Art. We have Buddy's son Rex.

I think Chester will be pretty well shut down although it wouldn't surprise me if he ripped off a big run thanks to overpursuit or on a screen pass.

On a side note, in the link that Tony posted Aaron stated that Clayton is going to get a shot at returning kicks. Does anyone else think that is just a horrible idea? I'd hate for a starting WR to get injured on kick return.
    Last edited by GreenWave52; 08-25-2006 at 11:04 AM.

Hey it's no worse than the times we put C-Mac or Ed Reed back there for returns...:insane:

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52
    Hey it's no worse than the times we put C-Mac or Ed Reed back there for returns...:insane:
    Exactly! You would of figured this team would have learned its lesson by now. Sams is good and I want to see some more of what Ross can do as well. If our kick returner is injured during the season, then by all means put Clayton back there. But to expose him to unecesary injury is foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52
    Wrong Ryan, Art. We have Buddy's son Rex.

I think Chester will be pretty well shut down although it wouldn't surprise me if he ripped off a big run thanks to overpursuit or on a screen pass.

On a side note, in the link that Tony posted Aaron stated that Clayton is going to get a shot at returning kicks. Does anyone else think that is just a horrible idea? I'd hate for a starting WR to get injured on kick return.
    I knew that. (slams head against wall twice and mumbles duhh)
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

10. Re: Chester Taylor Friday against Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52
    Not really. How often do return men really get hurt? While there are a lot of special team injuries, I really haven't seen many returners get injured. I don't think kickoff returns are really any more dangerous than most offensive plays, and punt returns are only dangerous if you don't utilize the fair catch. If Clayton is the best man for the job, let him play.