Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Flacco deal complete ???

FLACCO SIGNING IS IMMINENT

Posted by Mike Florio on July 16, 2008, 10:22 a.m. EDT
    A league source tells us that the Baltimore Ravens soon will be reaching contract terms with quarterback Joe Flacco, a first-round pick in the 2008 draft.

Per the source, the deal is “imminent.”

The team and Flacco’s agent, Joe Linta, have been talking for weeks.

If Flacco signs soon, the status of first-round quarterbacks will be far different in 2008 than they were in 2007. Last time around, the two first-round quarterbacks (JaMarcus Russell of the Raiders and Brady Quinn of the Browns) had lengthy (and, at times, ugly) holdouts. This year, both Flacco and Matt Ryan of the Falcons will be in camp and ready to go.

The former Delaware quarterback initially played at Pitt, but then transferred once Tyler Palko emerged as the favored son at the position.

Blog Entries

Re: Flacco deal complete ???

I like PFT, but until it hits Baltimore Sun or Baltimore Ravens.com, I'm skeptical...

Basically, if a deal doesn't get done today, it's going to look bad for one or both sides. Both have been preaching how this deal would get done no problem, but it appears like the negotiations are taking a lot longer than they thought. The Ravens gave themselves a 48 hour window to negotiate the deal...If it's close, it'll probably get done on or before camp, but if it's still not close, hello 1st round holdout.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Good news indeed!
    "Everywhere I go people say, 'Art, I had a beer with you.' If that were true, I would have drank every night of my life" Art Donovan#70

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I like PFT, but until it hits Baltimore Sun or Baltimore Ravens.com, I'm skeptical....
    Stupid question...what is PFT?
    "Everywhere I go people say, 'Art, I had a beer with you.' If that were true, I would have drank every night of my life" Art Donovan#70

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Gulfbird44 View Post
    Stupid question...what is PFT?
    www.profootballtalk.com

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Thank you!

Blog Entries

that's where the story came from...they usually have pretty spot on reporting, but they throw in rumours from time to time, and since this is just a rumour, there's not much we can put stock in it yet.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

PFT is almost all stupid NFL rumour, but I like it anyway. One potential snag is some CBA snag that is being hammered out by a "special master" regarding gaurantees past the expiration of the current CBA.

He will be in camp, but I really don't want him to start week 1 even if he looks better than Boller and Smith in preseason.
    Unless he looks like Dan Marino, which may sound crazy but that is who he reminded me of watching his film.
    He has a similar quick release and seems to very quickly scan his reads getting to the 3rd and 4th option even on 3 step drops. Not every throw comes out at 90MPH like Marino but he can sling it like Dan if he wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    that's where the story came from...they usually have pretty spot on reporting, but they throw in rumours from time to time, and since this is just a rumour, there's not much we can put stock in it yet.
    Fair enough...be nice if it was true though

PFT USED to be a stupid rumor mill, now they are mostly right, and always early with the news...

Per PFT, Flacco has signed a deal!

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...or-five-years/

Sounds good to me! I love to hear that there won't be a hold-out

Aaron Wilson has also confirmed that Flacco has signed a five year deal worth $30 million with $8.75 million guaranteed.

It's great to have Flacco in on time. Let the QB battle begin!