OT: Josh Hamilton

I am not the biggest fan of baseball anymore, but I am sitting here watching the Home Run Derby and Josh Hamilton hit 28 hr in the 1st round. This really is a great story for him to be able to come back from a herion addiction and be in contention for the triple crown and then break the record for most hr in a round. The next 2 rounds should be interesting.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Re: OT: Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    I am not the biggest fan of baseball anymore, but I am sitting here watching the Home Run Derby and Josh Hamilton hit 28 hr in the 1st round. This really is a great story for him to be able to come back from a herion addiction and be in contention for the triple crown and then break the record for most hr in a round. The next 2 rounds should be interesting.
    I cannot stand the HR derby anymore with the long drawn out process and Berman yelling like the idiot he is all night.

However, I got a few text messages when Hamilton was @ 20 and watched his first round.

Not only did he hit alot of HRs but he CRUSHED them. A nice story indeed.

On a side note, did anyone catch this? My buddy already sent it to me.

Stay classy NY fans.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wQnLr4LZJVg

PP

Wasn't he a crackhead not a junkie? doesnt change much but....

Josh Hamilton was just unreal last night. Every one of his 28 home runs were absolute bombs. It's great to see how he has turned his life around. He's only 27 and still has a lot of baseball left in him.

Hamilton was the first overall pick in the 1999 MLB draft by the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Imagine Hamilton on the Rays team right now. They would be unstoppable.

From Crack/Herioine... to Steroids and HGH. Woo Hoo. MLB is a joke.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

/Herioine,herion ....hermoine, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    On a side note, did anyone catch this? My buddy already sent it to me.

Stay classy NY fans.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wQnLr4LZJVg

PP
    Buahahaha .... I have new respect for Utley now!

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post

It wasn't heroin. It was blow, and then crack.

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Josh Hamilton gets a drug test from MLB at least 3 times a week. There is no possible way he can be using steroids or HGH.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Josh Hamilton gets a drug test from MLB at least 3 times a week. There is no possible way he can be using steroids or HGH.
    Ah, ignorance is bliss...

There are numerous way a player could get around this. More importantly however is that MLB has no way to test for HGH as it is undetectable in the urine and players assn. doesn't allow blood tests.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Come on now, do you really think NFL players don't use HGH?

HGH injections are notoriously tough to identify. The current state-of-the-art test can't detect HGH more than 48 hours after the last injection. So even if the players union agreed to the testing used by the International Olympic Committee (the only world-wide sports organization I know of that tests for it), the current HGH test, introduced before the 2004 Summer Games, has yet to turn up a positive result for the substance in an athlete.

Further, the new "in" thing is HGH "releasers", which stimulate the pituitary gland into generating natural HGH, and it's undetectable. Since HGH-releasing drugs don't contain growth hormone, but instead spur the body's production of it, there's no way to identify them.

With the shortest average career of any of the major sports, a very high value placed on muscle-building, injury recovery, exhaustive year-round workouts and speed, you can bet the NFL has the largest HGH abuse of any sport. I love the game the most, but you are naive if you think their players aren't into the juice big time.

Ah, ignorance is bliss...

There are numerous way a player could get around this. More importantly however is that MLB has no way to test for HGH as it is undetectable in the urine and players assn. doesn't allow blood tests.
    To single out MLB and not put the NFL in the same category is pretty astonishing.

PP