Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brett Farve?

Re: Brett Farve?

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Gb's line and receiving corps was NO BETTER then ours will be this year barring injury.
    I defy you to find me ten people in this entire COUNTRY that aren't hardcore blindly loyal Ravens fans that would agree with this point.

This is insane.

- C -

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    I defy you to find me ten people in this entire COUNTRY that aren't hardcore blindly loyal Ravens fans that would agree with this point.

This is insane.

- C -
    It's pretty widely expressed they have a mediocre line and a above average receiving corps... don't forget to include Heap...

I don't think my comment is that out of line.

Thumbs down Re: Brett Farve?

And dabruise? WHY on EARTH would ANYONE in M +T boo Favre in a purple jersey, that is pure lunacy. He would walk onto the field and INSTANTLY be the best QB we have ever had, by a MILE.
    LOL,

I meant when, and I do mean WHEN he stinks it up. This M and T crowd cheered when Boller got hurt. If we mortgage the farm for Favre and he sucks, they will boo him like no one before him.

Why are we talking about selling the future of the team for a 38 year old who had one above average season out of the last 5 and couldn't be a worse primadonna headache for our team? Haven't we been down this road before? What happened to the "Ravens way"?

Oh yeah, that is the Ravens Way. I thought we were trying to leave THAT Ravens Way behind and move on. Hmmmm.

The Ravens way is to play with 10 men on offense. I'd like to move away from that.

1 above average season of 5? You mean 1 MVP caliber season in 5? 03 and 04 were certainly above average as well. 90 plus ratings 25+ Td's, greater then 1:1 TD to INT ratio... 3 of his last 5 seasons have produced results far greater then ANY Raven QB...

I still can't shake the image of the Monday night game in 2005 when it seemed like Brett and Boller swapped jerseys before the game. Boller threw TDs and Brett about 4 or 5 picks just up for grabs as bad or worse than the one Kyle threw vs NE.

Brett Favre had a lower QB rating then Kyle Boller in both 2005 and 2006. He is 38, and I think there is more of a chance of Kyle winning a SB than Brett at this point.

Last year Brett was incredible, and better than Kyle in his dreams, but when the money was on the line, he still forced the ball into coverage for a game losing pick.

The only way I would want him here is if GB cuts him and he signs a reasonable contract, and Boller still looks bad.

I have a strong feeling that every player on the Ravens offense is going to look way better than we thought they were.

The playclock issues/ tempo/ time at line/ shifts/ motion/ audibles/ false cadence, all the things the good offenseive teams do in the NFL, all seemed like new changes for the Ravens O.

Jason Brown at C is also going to be huge. I expect him to be able to handle the division DTs that Flynn always seemed to need a double team at least.

If you look close at the Dolphins O last year before they traded Chambers and Ronnie Brown got hurt, they were able to do a lot better than were were with a healthy Heap, Willis and Mason.

Does Brett give us the best shot at a SB title this year? Well yeah but it's still a real long shot even with him.

The main reason I would want Brett, really the only reason I would want him, is because none of the QBs on our roster have ever actually seen a real NFL QB. Favre has proven that he's a good mentor for young QBs and we need one of those.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Favre has proven that he's a good mentor for young QBs and we need one of those.
    He has? With who? Aaron Rogers?

Rogers has only thrown 59 passes in his entire career. Only one TD. Ditto on the INT. At best, Farve's mentoring is incomplete.

We have a mentor. He was the former special teams coach of the Eagles and one hell of a offensive coordinator. Harbaugh and Cameron respectively.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Well, hopefully Ozzie hasn't been talking to Favre or his agent.

Packers accuse Vikings of tampering with Favre

In the latest twist, the Packers have filed tampering charges with the league office against the Minnesota Vikings for alleged communication with Favre, still technically a member of Green Bay, FOXSports.com has learned. The league, according to a source, is currently in information-gathering mode, speaking to members of both teams.

The Vikings were informed late last week that the allegation is that Favre has had inappropriate dialogue with Minnesota offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, a close Favre friend and former assistant coach with the Packers. Favre has sought his release from Green Bay and several rumors have swirled that Minnesota is his targeted landing place, largely due to his relationship with Bevell.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    He has? With who? Aaron Rogers?

Rogers has only thrown 59 passes in his entire career. Only one TD. Ditto on the INT. At best, Farve's mentoring is incomplete.

We have a mentor. He was the former special teams coach of the Eagles and one hell of a offensive coordinator. Harbaugh and Cameron respectively.
    Mark Brunell and Matt Hasselback come to mind... 11 Favre back ups have gone onto starting for other teams.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Boh View Post
    Mark Brunell and Matt Hasselback come to mind... 11 Favre back ups have gone onto starting for other teams.
    Forgot about those two.

However, just because some have gone on to start in the NFL doesnt equate to the original claim -- that he is a good mentor to QB's.

Ty Detmer? Doug Pederson? Steve Bono? Craig Nall? Aaron Brooks? J.T. O'Sullivan?

Sorry, I just dont see Farve's as a good mentor with that track record. Even a blind squirell finds nuts.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Favre himself has gone on record before saying it's not his job to mentor anyone -- he said that when the Packers drafted Rodgers. Leading by example is about the best he'll probably do.

Leading by example is more than we've ever had.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock

I can see where you're coming from Darb, but I think Favre is locker room poison right now. Especially for this team. And as strange as it may sound, Kyle Boller from what everyone says about him, could be an outstanding mentor. (Aside from his play on the field - I said it sounds strange - he has exhibited all of the traits you want in the QB. Resilient, studious, hard working, tough, and he does seem to know the right decisions, just can't quite execute them.)

Ultimately, I'd like to see Smith do well enough to be our Drew Brees and Keep Kyle on clipboard duty throughout both Smith's and Flacco's tenure.

Alot of my thoughts about Brett Favre have come to fruition in the last 3 weeks.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by Dabruise
    Ultimately, I'd like to see Smith do well enough to be our Drew Brees and Keep Kyle on clipboard duty throughout both Smith's and Flacco's tenure.
    You don't really think we're keeping all three QBs year after year after year, do you? I don't see a chance of all them being here after this season. Boller's contract will be up and I'm sure he'll hit the road.