Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brett Farve?

Re: Brett Farve?

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Favre has proven that he's a good mentor for young QBs and we need one of those.
    He has? With who? Aaron Rogers?

Rogers has only thrown 59 passes in his entire career. Only one TD. Ditto on the INT. At best, Farve's mentoring is incomplete.

We have a mentor. He was the former special teams coach of the Eagles and one hell of a offensive coordinator. Harbaugh and Cameron respectively.

Well, hopefully Ozzie hasn't been talking to Favre or his agent.

Packers accuse Vikings of tampering with Favre

In the latest twist, the Packers have filed tampering charges with the league office against the Minnesota Vikings for alleged communication with Favre, still technically a member of Green Bay, FOXSports.com has learned. The league, according to a source, is currently in information-gathering mode, speaking to members of both teams.

The Vikings were informed late last week that the allegation is that Favre has had inappropriate dialogue with Minnesota offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, a close Favre friend and former assistant coach with the Packers. Favre has sought his release from Green Bay and several rumors have swirled that Minnesota is his targeted landing place, largely due to his relationship with Bevell.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    He has? With who? Aaron Rogers?

Rogers has only thrown 59 passes in his entire career. Only one TD. Ditto on the INT. At best, Farve's mentoring is incomplete.

We have a mentor. He was the former special teams coach of the Eagles and one hell of a offensive coordinator. Harbaugh and Cameron respectively.
    Mark Brunell and Matt Hasselback come to mind... 11 Favre back ups have gone onto starting for other teams.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Boh View Post
    Mark Brunell and Matt Hasselback come to mind... 11 Favre back ups have gone onto starting for other teams.
    Forgot about those two.

However, just because some have gone on to start in the NFL doesnt equate to the original claim -- that he is a good mentor to QB's.

Ty Detmer? Doug Pederson? Steve Bono? Craig Nall? Aaron Brooks? J.T. O'Sullivan?

Sorry, I just dont see Farve's as a good mentor with that track record. Even a blind squirell finds nuts.

Favre himself has gone on record before saying it's not his job to mentor anyone -- he said that when the Packers drafted Rodgers. Leading by example is about the best he'll probably do.

Leading by example is more than we've ever had.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I can see where you're coming from Darb, but I think Favre is locker room poison right now. Especially for this team. And as strange as it may sound, Kyle Boller from what everyone says about him, could be an outstanding mentor. (Aside from his play on the field - I said it sounds strange - he has exhibited all of the traits you want in the QB. Resilient, studious, hard working, tough, and he does seem to know the right decisions, just can't quite execute them.)

Ultimately, I'd like to see Smith do well enough to be our Drew Brees and Keep Kyle on clipboard duty throughout both Smith's and Flacco's tenure.

Alot of my thoughts about Brett Favre have come to fruition in the last 3 weeks.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by Dabruise
    Ultimately, I'd like to see Smith do well enough to be our Drew Brees and Keep Kyle on clipboard duty throughout both Smith's and Flacco's tenure.
    You don't really think we're keeping all three QBs year after year after year, do you? I don't see a chance of all them being here after this season. Boller's contract will be up and I'm sure he'll hit the road.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe
    Alot of my thoughts about Brett Favre have come to fruition in the last 3 weeks.
    I've always liked Favre, so this whole ugly episode has been disappointing to me. His performance during that Fox News interview was especially unimpressive -- he sounded confused, contradicted himself, and didn't come across like the brightest guy in the world.

Having said that, Ted Thompson seems like an egomanical prick, so both sides look bad. There's no one to root for in this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    You don't really think we're keeping all three QBs year after year after year, do you? I don't see a chance of all them being here after this season. Boller's contract will be up and I'm sure he'll hit the road.
    Yes. I do. They will all be affordable and if Smith does well, he's worth keeping. If he does great, we have him for another year under a cheap contract and he can do what Brees did.

Where in the world is Kyle Boller going to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Dabruise View Post

Where in the world is Kyle Boller going to go?
    I'd put the odds of Kyle Boller staying somewhere in the 350/1 range.

PP