Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Kucinich Introduces Single Article of Impeachment for President Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    This guy knows his stuff, but I am sure you will find a way to dismiss it.

Actually this is a good link in that it directs this debate to the:

1. hot point of contention of stratospheric warming or cooling relative to tropospheric temperatures. This is the place where the concept of climate change is being currently debated. It is quite interesting but very technical to read about.

2. It is current - July 2008

3. It has lead me to many other sites and names active in the debate.

As far as me dismissing it or the ideas of David Evans, if you are interested in how his ideas are being deconstructed since his article, I would be more than happy to explain. If you are deadset in the idea that the concept human-induced global warming is some liberal attempt to make you pay more at the pump, i won't waste my time.

I am up for an academic, intellectual discussion on this and will read any link given but understand that my background in research-based methodology requires more than opinion-based links to convince me. The David Evans link is an example of an opinion albeit a respected opinion...it is still an opinion.

That being said, your link has been one of the more fruitful for me in the debate on these boards so far.

Whatever, if you want to believe we have caused the earth to warm despite it being warmer numerous times before when no fossil fuels were being burned, go ahead. Just don't ask me to foot the bill for your foolishness.
    Not sure how my trying to get to the root of climate change patterns is asking you to foot my bill. I am also not asking you to believe anything I am just trying to raise the level of debate on this particular forum to one that is discussing science and methodology on an important topic.

For either you or myself to profess that we definitively know what is going on would show true ignorance on our parts knowing full well that some brilliant scientists with decades of climatology backgrounds are struggling with understanding the current models and data. What you and I can do, if we are truly interested in understanding the debate, is research the backgrounds of those making the most significant and respected claims and pick apart the methodology from which they make their claims. That is what true peer review science is all about. If you give me as link that is what I do...it is what I have been trained to do. It is how I look at the world.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I know that the earth has warmed and cooled many, MANY times before and to extremes much more than humanity has ever seen. And all of it was natural.

The sun is getting brighter as time goes on. Global warming is going to happen, like it or not. That is a fact.

CO2 levels when measured on geological scales is near its all time lows, it was much higher previously.

If CO2 levels get too much lower plants will start to die off. There is a certain amount that must be maintained and we are not far above that.

http://ff.org/centers/csspp/library/...18/dioxide.htm

Frankly, I am not about to pay attention to global warming because all things considered, we are in a fairly cool period for the earth.

Bush should not only be impeached but also charged with crimes against humanity and punished accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    Bush should not only be impeached but also charged with crimes against humanity and punished accordingly.
    The House Judiciary Committee is set to hold a hearing Friday on Congress member Dennis Kucinich’s measure to impeach President Bush. we'll see if it gets any traction. My guess is it won't mostly because the right will just start firing off charges of the democrats being unpatriotic during "time of war". Its not worth it really. Bush's days are numbered and it is pretty funny to watch him continue to make an idiot out of himself.

he should be impeached for this alone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXj4-...eature=related

what a fucking comedian.

What high crime (felony like perjury, for example) or misdemeanor did Bush commit?

This is about the left getting revenge on the Clinton fiasco.

All the world thought Iraq had WMD's so there was no ill intent.

G7 and I do agree about this one though -- the man is a stone cold idiot.

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=jA2q00...eature=related

Here you go, the truth hurts.

What high crime (felony like perjury, for example) or misdemeanor did Bush commit?

The intelligence community gets information numbering in the hundreds of thousands. Bush , Cheney and the rest of the neocons took the pieces of information that advanced their agenda which was the invasion of Iraq and ultimately oil and obscene profits by way of no bid contracts for Haliburton.

In the United States history we've never invaded another nation because of a possible threat. The neocons, bush and their ilk told us the threat was imminent danger and very real which turned out to be a total fabrication. At the very least bush should spend the rest of his life in jail for abuse of power. If the leader of the United States was judged by the same criteria this nation judges others, bush would be punished as a war criminal for the thousands of civilians that lost their lives in this sham of a war, just as he led the over-throw and persecution of Saddam Hussien.
    Last edited by RustonRifle; 07-24-2008 at 11:13 AM.

The intelligence community gets information numbering in the hundreds of thousands. Bush , Cheney and the rest of the neocons took the pieces of information that advanced their agenda which was the invasion of Iraq and ultimately oil and obscene profits by way of no bid contracts for Haliburton.
    Wow. Right from MoveOn. Hate to break it to you, but Clinton used Haliburton in Bosina. Bush Sr. used them in Iraq. Reagan used them in Panama and Grenada. They are the ONLY company that does what they do. Last I checked, our troops needs supplies when they do their missions. Call me crazy, but I want my troops to have the tools they need.

In the United States history we've never invaded another nation because of a possible threat.
    Oh really? Maybe us invading Italy and Germany back in the 40's never really happend. Or maybe this whole Vietnam thing was made up -- sucks for John Kerry then. You know what all three of those countries have in commen? They we're possible threats!

The neocons, bush and their ilk told us the threat was imminent danger and very real which turned out to be a total fabrication. At the very least bush should spend the rest of his life in jail for abuse of power. If the leader of the United States was judged by the same criteria this nation judges others, bush would be punished as a war criminal for the thousands of civilians that lost their lives in this sham of a war, just as he led the over-throw and persecution of Saddam Hussien.
    So what about the rest of the UN Security Council who all said the same thing about Iraq? Do we throw them in jail too? They said the EXACT same thing about Iraq. I know, it was a massive right wing conspiracy, masterminded by a Prez who is a total idiot in one breath and a evil genius the next. Yeah, that sounds reasonible. :grbac:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=jA2q00...eature=related

Here you go, the truth hurts.

In the United States history we've never invaded another nation because of a possible threat. The neocons, bush and their ilk told us the threat was imminent danger and very real which turned out to be a total fabrication. At the very least bush should spend the rest of his life in jail for abuse of power. If the leader of the United States was judged by the same criteria this nation judges others, bush would be punished as a war criminal for the thousands of civilians that lost their lives in this sham of a war, just as he led the over-throw and persecution of Saddam Hussien.
    Blah, blah, blah, truth hurts, blah, blah, blah, yada, yada . . .

Again, can you give me the high crime or misdemeanor? I'll wait.

Oh, and I was against invading Iraq, unlike most of the Democrat leadership back in 2002.

Today begins the hearings on Bush. I am informed enough to know this will not lead to an impeachment. Mostly because as I stated, for the democrats to seriously pursue an impeachment in a "time of war" there would be too much opportunity for right-wing spin about patriotism and being weak on terror and all of that stuff which was so successful 4 years ago. These hearings will more than anything just officially document the controversial ways in which this country was lead into a war.

As it stands now, Obama appears a strong front-runner and it is more important to change the complexion of American politics right now than worry about impeaching Bush whose legacy will certainly speak for itself with impeachment or not.

That being said, for those seeking a nice collection of media articles leading from the initial hysteria created about WMD's - to the initiation of the neocon propoganda spin creating the case for the immediacy of war - to the fallout when it was clear there were no WMDs, here is a good link. It is a nice compilation of reports and articles from a variety of sources.

It is important to remember that the case set up by the neocons wasn't just about the possession of WMD's but also that if they were there, they were an immediate threat to U.S. interests. It was two-fold case.

Read, be informed:

http://www.thornwalker.com/ditch/sni...tes.htm#note14

So again, Bush has committed no high crime or misdemeanor.

So again, Bush has committed no high crime or misdemeanor.
    I don't know but that powder on his nose was a high crime.:hammer: