Whitehouse editing of global climate change continues

Here we go again. Cheney is being called into question for wanting to delete 14 pages of the congressional testimony on effects of global warming:

"At a news conference, Boxer maintained that the heavy editing of the testimony given by CDC Director Julie Gerberding last fall was the first part of "a master plan" aimed at "covering up the real dangers of global warming and hiding the facts from the public."

Burnett declined to comment beyond what he described in the letter and said he didn't want to identify the people he had talked with in Cheney's office or elsewhere at the White House. "I'm not interested in pointing fingers at individuals," he said."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/featur...,6850735.story

Not unlike James Hansen's assertions earlier in the year:

"the people in the White House didn’t like emphasis on the non-CO2 parts of the story, and I just—the press release just kept coming back, and I would try to change it, they would change it, and finally I gave up. I just couldn’t get a press release through the way I wanted it."

http://www.democracynow.org/2008/3/2...litical_attack

I wonder why the White House won't let the folks doing the research publish their ideas as they see fit? Put the theories out there and let us as citizens derive our opinions. I become really uncomfortable and suspect when I read stories like this.

Global warming is a complicted issue as it is...I don't need people censoring opinions for me.

You can debate global warming as we have in other threads but it is becoming harder to debate that the current administration isn't trying to cover some things up.

1-20-2009 hopefully begins the process of restoring the dignity and pride of this country.

Re: Whitehouse editing of global climate change continues

I thought they watered it down to "climate change" or somesuch bulls#it?

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    1-20-2009 hopefully begins the process of restoring the dignity and pride of this country.
    Not unless we get a new batch of candidates...
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post

God wouldn't create a mankind to destroy his environment.

http://www.helium.com/items/150757-r...global-warming
    Damn! Cheney must edited out what the scientists have said about God's influence on global warmimg too. That Bastard!!! God is behind the whole freakin' thing? God needs to chill.

Shocker, the Bible Thumper turns a good debate into one about religion.

Getting real tired with putting one persons faith (cough TRAP cough) into everyones open debate forum.

If this stays like this, I will take me poltical rants some place else. The world does not revolve around people like Dobson -- FAR from it.

Sorry but global warming has a lot to do with religion.

I didn't start any religiious threads but this has to do with religion since God created the climate to begin with.
    So if the argument goes that God created the climate
    and the climate is getting warmer...
    I am starting to worry about that young, upstart adversary of God who has a proclivity for warm if not downright (pardon the pun) hot environments.
    Could it be that God is losing his upperhand on the eternal battle between good and evil? That's some deep shit, man.

And here I am worrying about the continuing lying and manipulations of a dying and corrupt administration....seems so petty.

If my bumper sticker says 01-20-09, I wonder what that young upstart's says???

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    So if the argument goes that God created the climate
    and the climate is getting warmer...
    I am starting to worry about that young, upstart adversary of God who has a proclivity for warm if not downright (pardon the pun) hot environments.
    Could it be that God is losing his upperhand on the eternal battle between good and evil? That's some deep shit, man.

And here I am worrying about the continuing lying and manipulations of a dying and corrupt administration....seems so petty.

If my bumper sticker says 01-20-09, I wonder what that young upstart's says???

The Earth has cooled 8 years in a row now.

bah, don't let reality get in the way of good ole Goricle fear mongering.

:p
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

Sounds like Tex just became a liberal and is now suppressing the 1st Amendment like the libs tried to do with the 2d Amend. Even Rush, the ultra conservative is on my sound using God as his reason for being vs global warming.

Sorry but global warming has a lot to do with religion.

I didn't start any religiious threads but this has to do with religion since God created the climate to begin with.
    Oh, I see. I dont tow your supremely narrow view of the world ergo I must now be a liberal. And how exactly am I surpressing you? YOU are the one thinking like a liberal -- feeling to free to say whatever you want minus the consequences. The 1st Amendment does indeed give you the right whatever you want to say. What it does NOT do is obsolve you of critique.

And I hate to break it to you. Rush is simply quoting others when it comes to the myth of global warming .... Roy Spencer, John Coleman, et all. You dont even have Rush's argument right.

I dont need a man-made religious book (Bible, Torah, Koran etc) to tell me global warming is a bunch of bunk. My God gave me things like eyes, ears, common sense etc that let me see these things on my own and without a constant reference to an outdated source (Bible) that is filled with hipocricy and has been changed at least 25-30 times since it was written.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    The Earth has cooled 8 years in a row now.
    Actually 10.

The one degree average increase that Algore clings to has been given back over the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Actually 10.

The one degree average increase that Algore clings to has been given back over the last 10 years.
    haha I stand corrected, I didn't actually go back and look it up, it's been a few years since I really looked hard into global warming as even a bit of research shows you that the cult of manmade global warming is indeed a small minority of not very well credentialed scientists... My Geology Professor from college gave me the right direction to look.... Oceanographers are the best esitmators of long term climate. A small peak at Nora and Woods Hole gets you a WHOLE LOT of evidence that we are simply coming from a mini ice age. Geology will give you a look even longer into the past and you will see a pretty consistant sin wave with if I remember correctly an 11,000 year cycle going back as far as they can look... 10 years ago we certainly were at a peak about as high as had ever been recorded, FOLLOWED BY a CO2 cycle that was about as high as ever recoded, funny thign however is that the temperature cooled for a few years while CO2 levels increased... but last i read, CO2 levels have peaked and are on the downturn as well...