Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Prisco AFCN Preview - We're Rated 2nd

per Sportsline

Whatever. Have at it.

BS
    Last edited by BlackSunday; 08-24-2006 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Screwed up the link.

Blog Entries

Re: Prisco AFCN Preview - We're Rated 2nd

the guy has an obvious bias for the Steelers, saying that Big Ben is "a much better player" than the Ben that won the SB...

you get this from a survived motorcycle accident and a couple preseason games? PLEASE!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Little suprising....most opinions have us at #3. I don't care if he pimps the Steelers...we like the underdog role.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Prisco makes it sound as if McNair will be on the field with a walker. Sheesh, he's not 99 years old.

Looking at the voting results of the survey it seems that most folks agree with the author.

I personally think the Steelers will be better than last year.

Well until we beat them with Big Ben you might have to agree. Now that we have Steve McNair things might be different. However that is why they play the games. Although I don't believe the Steelers will be better then last year because the Bus is gone and he was a big part of their game. It's just going to make this season more interesting.

GO RAVENS

He is so hung up on McNair's age and "what does he have left in the tank". Also, he talks about how we "need" big things from Jamal Lewis. I guess he hasn't been watching Musa or realize MA's abilities as a backup.

I'm not at all sure Willie Parker can handle the load as a feature back for the Steelers, and they live and die by the run - so I wouldn't crown them AFCN champs just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag
    the guy has an obvious bias for the Steelers, saying that Big Ben is "a much better player" than the Ben that won the SB...

you get this from a survived motorcycle accident and a couple preseason games? PLEASE!
    He didn't say that Ben was much better, Ken Whisenhunt the Offensive Coordinator said it. However, his McNair comments are ridiculous.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Blog Entries

Roethlisberger isn't showing any effects from the motorcycle mishap. What's more, he's a much better player than the one who led the Steelers to the Super Bowl victory last February.
    That's DIRECTLY from Prisco. Whisenhunt's comments are just AFTER he says this.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

That article was a waste of time to read, and not because he doesn't pick us to win the division. He does nothing but parrot the conventional wisdom - no interesting insights at all.

Will go to the playoffs if: McNair finds the magic of 2003. That's asking a lot. He isn't the same player.

Will not go to the playoffs if: McNair is not a step up from Kyle Boller.
    (a) Why do Prisco and so many other writers act like 2003 was an eternity ago?
    (b) McNair doesn't have to be the same player as in 2003 with a 100+ QB rating. He just has to be efficient, like he's been in 2 preseason games so far.
    (c) There's a wide gulf between Prisco's "will go" and "will not go" scenarios, and as I said, there's still a decent chance we can contend for the playoffs if McNair is a marked improvement over Boller even if he doesn't reach his 2003 level.
    (d) Prisco missed the most important x-factor in whether we go to the playoffs: Whether McNair stays healthy, and if he doesn't, whether Boller can be the QB he was in last year's GB and MIN games for however many games he starts for us this year (which will hopefully be a number as close as possible to zero).

I can't believe these writers make a career out of such "analysis." Any one of us could write something more insightful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens'N'Hoos
    That article was a waste of time to read, and not because he doesn't pick us to win the division. He does nothing but parrot the conventional wisdom - no interesting insights at all.

(a) Why do Prisco and so many other writers act like 2003 was an eternity ago?
    (b) McNair doesn't have to be the same player as in 2003 with a 100+ QB rating. He just has to be efficient, like he's been in 2 preseason games so far.
    (c) There's a wide gulf between Prisco's "will go" and "will not go" scenarios, and as I said, there's still a decent chance we can contend for the playoffs if McNair is a marked improvement over Boller even if he doesn't reach his 2003 level.
    (d) Prisco missed the most important x-factor in whether we go to the playoffs: Whether McNair stays healthy, and if he doesn't, whether Boller can be the QB he was in last year's GB and MIN games for however many games he starts for us this year (which will hopefully be a number as close as possible to zero).

I can't believe these writers make a career out of such "analysis." Any one of us could write something more insightful.
    All good points, nice post, RavensNHoos.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag

Prisco has ALWAYS been pro Raven!