Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Interested in starting a Ravens Roost in Florida

Afternoon all...new to the board...I grew up in Baltimore and left the area to join the AF...I currently live outside Tampa Florida...for a while I have been toying with the idea of starting a Ravens Roost in Florida and I want to dust off the idea again for the 08 season...I already have about 7-8 people close to where I live that are interested but I know you need some where near 13-14 bodies to qualify...

I know there are other Raven fans in Florida the problem is they are scattered across the state...it's a hike if you live in Jacksonville and the rest of the guys and gals are in Tampa...with the gas price crunch that is even worse now...

I'd still like to give it a try and maybe work something that allows us to include folks that are scattered into the fold (or flock)...

SO, if you live in Florida and bleed Raven purple PM me...let's see if we can get this to work!

Cheers!

Re: Interested in starting a Ravens Roost in Florida

I don't live in Florida anymore (I grew up in central FLA, in Seminole County, just north of Orlando), but I love the idea of a Florida roost. Unfortunately, as you pointed out yourself, the Ravens fans in Florida are (as far as I know) pretty spread out. Ravens fans in Jacksonville are not likely to make a trip to Tampa unless it's a really special occasion.

But I've been wrong before, so go for it! I don't personally know any Ravens fans in the Tampa/St. Pete area, but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

And welcome to the board, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I don't live in Florida anymore (I grew up in central FLA, in Seminole County, just north of Orlando), but I love the idea of a Florida roost. Unfortunately, as you pointed out yourself, the Ravens fans in Florida are (as far as I know) pretty spread out. Ravens fans in Jacksonville are not likely to make a trip to Tampa unless it's a really special occasion.

But I've been wrong before, so go for it! I don't personally know any Ravens fans in the Tampa/St. Pete area, but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

And welcome to the board, by the way.
    Thank you for the welcome!

I like the idea of Jacksonville and south Florida members as when the Ravens come south to play, it's always nice to know people familar with the lay of the land (I am sure they would like to know people in the Tampa area if they play the Bucs)...but that doesn't solve the issue of what do you do on all the other games!?! LOL...although seperate Roosts for the areas is an idea as well...oh well...

Good luck... I've been looking (in vain) for Ravens fans out here in So Cal... Aside from my wife and daughter I think I've met 4... in the same number of years.

Poe be with you brotha.
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

Quote Originally Posted by Khaine View Post
    Good luck... I've been looking (in vain) for Ravens fans out here in So Cal... Aside from my wife and daughter I think I've met 4... in the same number of years.

Poe be with you brotha.

Thank you my friend...hopefully you find some more...they have to be there some where!

First welcome to the boards. I'm in the AF too. I know it can be rough finding Ravens fans outside of BMore. I was stationed in AZ for 4 years and found only 1 Ravens fan. Best of luck to ya.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    First welcome to the boards. I'm in the AF too. I know it can be rough finding Ravens fans outside of BMore. I was stationed in AZ for 4 years and found only 1 Ravens fan. Best of luck to ya.
    Thank you Dade and thank you for your service...I am actually "retread"...since 2000 to be exact...I almost ended in DM during a unit move but went to Florida instead...

Sorry to hear that...we need to have you and some of the other guys move to Florida to bolster our numbers (get on the phone with your senior advisor and get you an assignment to MacDill!!)
    "Everywhere I go people say, 'Art, I had a beer with you.' If that were true, I would have drank every night of my life" Art Donovan#70

Quote Originally Posted by Gulfbird44 View Post
    Thank you Dade and thank you for your service...I am actually "retread"...since 2000 to be exact...I almost ended in DM during a unit move but went to Florida instead...

Sorry to hear that...we need to have you and some of the other guys move to Florida to bolster our numbers (get on the phone with your senior advisor and get you an assignment to MacDill!!)
    I would but last year I got stationed at Andrews ABF, MD!!!! Just 40 minutes away from Raven City!
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I would but last year I got stationed at Andrews ABF, MD!!!! Just 40 minutes away from Raven City!
    LOL...works for me...my wife used to work at the ANG Center on the other side of the flight line...

Hopefully you don't have kids, unless they've gotten better PG County schools really needed work (no cut on the teachers)
    "Everywhere I go people say, 'Art, I had a beer with you.' If that were true, I would have drank every night of my life" Art Donovan#70

Quote Originally Posted by Gulfbird44 View Post
    Afternoon all...new to the board...I grew up in Baltimore and left the area to join the AF...I currently live outside Tampa Florida...for a while I have been toying with the idea of starting a Ravens Roost in Florida and I want to dust off the idea again for the 08 season...I already have about 7-8 people close to where I live that are interested but I know you need some where near 13-14 bodies to qualify...

I know there are other Raven fans in Florida the problem is they are scattered across the state...it's a hike if you live in Jacksonville and the rest of the guys and gals are in Tampa...with the gas price crunch that is even worse now...

I'd still like to give it a try and maybe work something that allows us to include folks that are scattered into the fold (or flock)...

SO, if you live in Florida and bleed Raven purple PM me...let's see if we can get this to work!

Cheers!
    :happyanim

Would like to get together to watch RAVENS games with RAVENS fans.
    I live on St. Pete Beach ~ where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank! View Post
    :happyanim

Would like to get together to watch RAVENS games with RAVENS fans.
    I live on St. Pete Beach ~ where are you?

Greetings Frank and pleased to meet another Raven fan!...I am on the other side of the bay from you in Riverview...friends of mine (Raven fans as well) meet every Sunday at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Riverview to watch the game together...how about you?...do you have a favorite watering hole or do you watch the games at home?

Gulfbird and other Sunshine State Ravens fans!

I live in the Panhandle, Bay County, and know of at least 2-3 other Ravens fans. But Tampa is like a 5 or so hour drive. sheesh. It would be better if the state would build an interstate into PCB.

I already belong to a Ravens Roost in the Baltimore area, #18. I am their Webmaster...

Ravens Roost 18

I think you need 25 people to become an official Roost recognized by the Council.

Real Fan Dan, a poster on this site, knows tons more about becoming a Roost.
    Last edited by flraven; 07-11-2008 at 06:52 PM. Reason: added more info
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello