R Hymes sighted in Arena league

Former Ravens WR Randy Hymes signed recently with the Cleveland Gladiators (fronted by Bernie Kosar).
    During Monday night's game against the Orlando Predators Hymes went up for a pass and saw it intercepted in front of him. The miked-up Orlando coach (Jay Gruden, brother of Jon) observed 'he's a terrible route runner; they're just trying to throw a high ball'.
    Later in the game Hymes made a special teams tackle, and caught a td on a neat slant route.
    they had a bunch of people miked up, but results were mixed due to the strong language which, ahem, some athletes indulge in ("hey, watch the ---- --- over the middle, you ----, they been running that ---- all night."), so there was as much ---- as actual talk.

I think this was the first Cleveland pro football playoff win since the Schottenheimer era?
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Re: R Hymes sighted in Arena league

I saw that one handed leaping catch and thought, durn he looks pretty good on that.
    Ravens didn't keep him around for a while because he didn't have some skill... just could never get the whole package he needed together. Maybe in the AFL he can showcase the areas he was good at and the deficiencies won't be as glaring.

Now that he's out of Billick's dog house he can shine....just like the other studs Billick's offense has been holding back. :ot

Where's Clarence Moore when we need him?
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08