Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

new ravens mascots, ravens being sued?

has anyone heard that the Ravens are being sued for a class action suit by Peta stating that it is cruel to have the ravens fly out the tunnel at the Ravens games?

Re: new ravens mascots, ravens being sued?

PETA.
    I can just feel our freedoms eroding. how long before they outlaw teaching dogs to do tricks or fetch papers? How long before we can't force our cats to--well, never mind, we can't force a cat to do anything anyway--
    all they need is one idiot judge and the whole Raven flyby is done.
    thing is...if we left these birds out in the wild, how long would their life expectancy be? a year? as mascots they would be pampered and fed and given free health care etc.
    why hasn't Seattle PETA stopped their flyby? oh, I'm sorry I mentioned it, I guess they'll be sued next.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

it is prob. some angry steeler fan, because thier steeler mcbeamy was such a horrible idea,they are mad we can come up with something cool.

sounds like an urban legend if i've ever heard one. On what grounds would a lawsuit be filed? where have you heard this?
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

It's a letter, there's no legal founding for it, so nothing will come of it. If this was shut down then they'd be on to LSU for Mike the Tiger, they'd be at Texas A&M for the Reveille's, Georgia for the UGAs (UGA VIII died on Sunday, presume UGA IX will be on show this season), Texas for Bevo etc.

I hope you are right!

Is Al Gore part of Peta? They have the same fear mongering, profiterring, propaghandist attitude...

Yes, maybe PETA should adopt the Ravens themselves. So they can kill them.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

A crooked, money-making, brain-washing terrorist organization if ever I saw one. They give people who genuinely love animals a bad name.

"If the Ravens want to increase fan support, they don't need cheap gimmicks. They just need to start winning games," says PETA Director Debbie Leahy. "Edgar Allan Poe would be spinning in his grave if he knew that his poem had prompted Baltimore to harm ravens in the name of marketing."
    bitch

Wow, this guy seriously needs to grow a pair. "Harming ravens"? Please, tell me how...

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." (Romans 1:16)