Wink Pre-season BBQ (Hudd) 30th Aug.

I've moved this to a new thread as the information is important. I'll also send a general email.

=> Invitation is for the w/e 30th August which is the last week before the season starts. (Don't assume you can only come on the Saturday, if some want to come on Friday that would be great - we have plenty of beds)

=> It's important that people commit to coming (or say not) so we can sort out the logistics at least cost / hassle to all concerned.

It will be our first meet up since Wembley 2007 and our first BBQ for some years so I hope you will make the effort to attend. Given the price of fuel I understand the cost isues. That is why we should plan early, with sound logistics we should keep the costs down.

=> Just a reminder that the nearest mainline station to us is Wakefield (North / South) and Huddersfield works from Manchester / Leeds.

Hope you can come :celery

Re: Pre-season BBQ (Hudd) 30th Aug.

Dave,

Sorry but I won't be able to make it. Katie and I are moving flat's at the end of this month and its costing a bit for the deposit. Would have loved to have come along. If any of you feel like coming up to Scotland for a game during the season then just let me know.

3. Re: Pre-season BBQ (Hudd) 30th Aug.

Hi guys, sorry to be late to check in on this one. I'll be up for this but might use the train. I also note it's the weekend of Albion @ Bolton. I wouldn't want to piss off mid bbq but I might think about how I could mix this in (given that Hudd isn't THAT far from Bolton). Don't suppose anyone's up for watching the baggies? :O

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

The wonderful NHS has penciled me in for treatment in August and September so I will not be able to make it for the BBQ. 2008 maybe a quiet year for me,but I will be following the Ravens on Gamepass,and will try to give my input on here whenever I can.

Have fun all.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Wow TD - hope everything is okay with you - don't trust the quacks!!!

Might be a time to rethink here chaps - we have alternatives!!!

I'll repeat what I said earlier. If anyone can get up to Bonnie Scotland for the Ravens - Steelers MNF game you're more than welcome.

Stay well TD!

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Its kidney problems something I have had since passing stones 5-10 years ago twice.I thought the slow deterioration in my health was just getting old.Guess I was wrong.

No I don't trust quacks,I have enough evidence on that point.

Its just a general weakness and that feeling you have when you are getting a cold.But its every morning sort of thing.

Looking forward to the purple and black keeping me high in 08. I don't expect earth shattering results,just a foundation to be laid by the new blood coming in.

Go Ravens.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

I think what we do on the pitch has a lot to do with where we go with the UKR's. We need to get back to where we were at a couple of years ago in a hurry. That might put a bit of a wind into the UKR's sails!

With other teams (West Brom / Hull KR) doing well, and other people having familes the Ravens are not going to be at the front ot everyone's minds.

Get yourself well TD!!!

We definately need a good season if we want to expand. But for the core group of us it won't change a lot in my opinion. I'll still scream my heart out every Sunday.