Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

CB Martin Arrested

Im shocked nobody has talked about this yet .....

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...rtin-arrested/

Good bye, arsehole! No room for you on this team!

EDIT: Pretty sad that PFT and the papers in Cleveland have it, but The Setting Sun doesnt have a mention of it anywhere in the online edition as of 9:50 AM.

Re: CB Martin Arrested

I spoke too soon ....

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,7173380.story

Looks like it was a guy with the same name and DOB; not our CB.

This may be the quickest death of a thread ever!

Blog Entries

:shrug: I was ok with him being cut yesterday when I thought it was him...now that it's not, I'm still ok with him being cut...he was a 6th round pick, but he still hasn't shown us anything in terms of strong play.

Kind've nuts the lengths we'll have to go to identify a person though...same name, same DOB...next step is SSN
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    :shrug: I was ok with him being cut yesterday when I thought it was him...now that it's not, I'm still ok with him being cut...he was a 6th round pick, but he still hasn't shown us anything in terms of strong play.

Kind've nuts the lengths we'll have to go to identify a person though...same name, same DOB...next step is SSN
    In VA that's jsut your DL#... that to me is SCARY!

I think he is a recent pick with plenty of athleticism that gets better every time he steps on the field. I think he has the potential to be a starter in '10
    and beyond. I'd rather not cut him. Prude is my chopping block choice. He doesn't have the athleticism to ever play on the outside.

I like a depth chart of:
    CB-Cmac-Walker-Martin
    CB-Rolle- Washington- Pittman
    NB, DB- Washington- Ivy - Walker- Pittman

Although I'd also like to see the yougn safety's in there on nickel and dime situations.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I spoke too soon ....

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,7173380.story

Looks like it was a guy with the same name and DOB; not our CB.

This may be the quickest death of a thread ever!
    Actually, I'm not sure it really says that it's not him - just that it's not been verified that he is the same Derrick Martin, with the same birthday, who was cited.

It may be or it may not be, but I don't think they are saying that it definitely isn't him.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

I think he is talented and has potential. This is an unfortunate situation and I hope something so idiotic didnt ruin his livelyhood & future. IMO to many ppl are calling for his head on a platter before all is proven. I hope he is given the chance to compete for a spot in training camp, and either makes the team or not based on his performance.

I was reading all of Filmstudy's evaluations of the last season, and he really does have raw talent. I truly think it would be ashame if the kid loses everything. He has never been in trouble with the law prior to this. I think all things should be considered.

In VA that's jsut your DL#... that to me is SCARY!
    Not anymore. At least not if you don't want it to be...

- C -

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Not anymore. At least not if you don't want it to be...

- C -
    That's good,a step in the right direction... For a while it was perfectly allright in VA for a car dealer to pull your credit every time you went for a test drive. How it was determined to allow a delaer to pull yoru credit was that you had to:

A: willingly offer up yoru soc #(dl for a photocopy).
    B: Show interest in purchasing a vehicle(test drive).

No express consent was required. I do knwo that changed before the cahnge you suggest occurred though.

Well now apparently the idiot lied to the team...link

He just wrote his ticket out of town.

Blog Entries

when the first reponse of your team is "he told us he wasn't cited", that shows either 1) the team was really out of the loop or 2) they're not going to back him up...It's a shame, he should be smarter than this.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Whenever I fly...I prefer to overnight my weed via FedEx!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

You have to give the guy a little credit. Of the countless times we hear about these jackasses being arrested, this is the absolute *first* time I have heard this excuse. At least he didn't say, "they weren't my drugs," "the police planted them," "it wasn't my bag."

In its way, it was an absolute classic.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.