Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ravens All-Charmin Team

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I'd definately put JO on the tough team.

On Soft, I'd put Duane Starks there too.
    Duane Starks played hard, and for his size tackled well on the corner. Plus he jumped the route in the SB which is when I knew we were going to be World Champs even after the kickoff return.

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    and the way Kyle will run down field to put a block on a defender for Willis McGahee, is far from being soft. And this is not the only nice block I've seen Kyle throw..click here for:THE BOLLER BLOCK
    Kyle has taken a beating both physically and mentally and kept coming. You may not like the way he plays QB, but you can not doubt hiss heart and class. Kyle is #2 after Ray. IMO.

Man, I don't know about the rest of you, but I LOVED it that Deion was a Raven. He was one of my childhood hero's in the 90s, and when I heard he wanted to come to Baltimore, I was ecstatic. I still vividly remember his interception against Buffalo and high-steppin' it in for a TD. And the bomb he picked off later that season. He contributed; especially by making fans smile and go nuts by still dancing down the field at 37 years old...

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." (Romans 1:16)

Loving the way a guy plays, and him playing soft, have nothing to do with each other...

Deion was a fantastic player.

But he was also very, very soft.

- C -

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    With what Kyle Boller's been through in his tenure here in B-more and he still wants to play here, he should be on the tough team....just sayin':T2:
    He's been paid millions of dollars to "play" here as you say. If anyone else this side of the arena league would have wanted him he wouldn't have signed an extension.

And to say Jamal Lewis is soft and Matt Stover is tough is beyond idiotic and probably the type of ridiculousness that made the NFL wanting nothing to do with Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie View Post
    He's been paid millions of dollars to "play" here as you say. If anyone else this side of the arena league would have wanted him he wouldn't have signed an extension.
    Even most Boller bashers here would agree the he is *tough*. He has taken a furious beating, physically and otherwise, and always shown 100% class on and off the field. That's tough, regardless how craptastic his play on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie View Post
    And to say Jamal Lewis is soft and Matt Stover is tough is beyond idiotic and probably the type of ridiculousness that made the NFL wanting nothing to do with Baltimore.
    How 'bout making some contributions of your own, instead of calling other posters "idiotic" and suggesting the fans are the reason the NFL wants "nothing to do with Baltimore." Bring your angst to another thread, please. This one's about something else.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Just curious, for those that want Jamal on the soft list, or totally not against it, is this really how you feel? Or is there some bitterness about what he's said/done since he went to Cleveland?

I can't really stand him either. But there is no way I can discredit anything he's done for this franchise. JMO though
    Waiting for the next one!!!

I was tired of him at least a year, probably two before he went to Cleveland. As has been mentioned, he was a POOR push the pile kind of back, for a 245 pounder. For someone so big and strong he did the "Tough guy" stuff poorly. He was a poor blocker, poor pile mover, and had poor endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I was tired of him at least a year, probably two before he went to Cleveland. As has been mentioned, he was a POOR push the pile kind of back, for a 245 pounder. For someone so big and strong he did the "Tough guy" stuff poorly. He was a poor blocker, poor pile mover, and had poor endurance.
    ITA about him being a poor blocker. His endurance, there were a few times he slacked of, but I do have a slight difference of opinion with that and the pile mover.

I was just wondering though. I think he's a douche bag but I try not to let that get in the way of the overall accomplishments he's had here.
    Waiting for the next one!!!

ITA? huh?

Jamal was an open field runner, when he had a whole he could do some DAMGAGE, when there is no hole, he gets NOTHING.

11. Re: Ravens All-Charmin Team

Boller: Tough heart, marshmallow brain:(

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanIAm
    ITA about him being a poor blocker.