Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ravens All-Charmin Team

Corey Ivey
    Must have been an oversight he wasn't on your list, TL. He has "reckless lunatic" written all over him.

Soft -
    Travis Taylor
    Again, must have been an oversight he wasn't on the list.
    Ivy is listed among the honorable mentions....

Travis Taylor was considered...I didn't do an honorable mention list for the Charmin Squad...if I had he would have been on there. He was a decent blocker which probably kept him off the list. That said when he actually made a catch he seemed to lay down faster than a prostitute at the Inner Harbor when the tall ships are in....

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    You could have chopped McCrary's legs off at the knees and he would hobble on stumps after the quarterback. I remember OTs practically laying on the guy to keep him from moving anymore. I remember on a QB kneel he rushed the QB *anyway*. The only guy on the defense to budge, he ran right into a tackle and a guard. He did not care, like the Terminator, "He will NOT STOP until you are DEAD!" That was McCrary. Not Goose.

Goose was fantastic for his role, great size, good technique, great guy to have around. But "tough" like McCrary, Lewis (push ups on a dislocated shoulder) or Boulware (entire season with an arm in a sling)? Nah. Again, :2c:
    IMHO, seems we're comparing two different kinds of toughness.

I totally agree with you on McCrary and dont think any props given to Goose lowers his standing. To me, McCrary represented the new type of DL -- fast, VERY strong and never said quit, etc. I always saw Goose as the old school linemen -- snuck in punch, drive a shoulder into you, eat 3 dozen wings and as many beers and still wake up for practice, etc.

You're right, Goose was not tough like McCrary or Lewis. I think he was more old school about it.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72
    I can't believe I'm saying this but Travis Taylor doesn't deserve to be on the pansy list. He had terrible hands and is a flat out terrible receiver that much is true. He would also go over the middle, take a hit to get his hands on the ball (the whole actually catching it was at best 50-50) and broke a few tackles.
    I actually agree with darb about TT -- he was a bad WR, but it wasn't because he was soft (although he did have an annoying habit of occasionally falling down after a catch without being hit). He was very good at blocking downfield, so it wasn't like he was always afraid of contact.

Clarence Moore, on the other hand -- :grbac:

I'm not really sure how Prime Time hasn't been mentioned. He pretty much defines the word "soft"...

- C -

5. Re: Ravens All-Charmin Team

With what Kyle Boller's been through in his tenure here in B-more and he still wants to play here, he should be on the tough team....just sayin':T2:

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker
    I'm not really sure how Prime Time hasn't been mentioned. He pretty much defines the word "soft"...
    Great point -- I had forgotten that he was even here. As far as having a positive impact, his tenure was pretty forgettable.

Jamal is miles form soft He was our only offense and still fought for his yards.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Great point -- I had forgotten that he was even here. As far as having a positive impact, his tenure was pretty forgettable.
    Nah. He was fine, for what he was. An extra CB.

I know he came to the Ravens with a reputation for being soft, but he didn't do anything here to deserve it.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Nah. He was fine, for what he was. An extra CB.

I know he came to the Ravens with a reputation for being soft, but he didn't do anything here to deserve it.
    Soooooooooo not true! He never hits anyone ever, and he was CONSTANTLY hampered by pulled muscles and little things.

He played okay. When he was on the field. But he was still soft.

- C -

10. Re: Ravens All-Charmin Team

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    With what Kyle Boller's been through in his tenure here in B-more and he still wants to play here, he should be on the tough team....just sayin':T2:
    and the way Kyle will run down field to put a block on a defender for Willis McGahee, is far from being soft. And this is not the only nice block I've seen Kyle throw..click here for:THE BOLLER BLOCK
    Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 06-29-2008 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Soooooooooo not true! He never hits anyone ever, and he was CONSTANTLY hampered by pulled muscles and little things.

He played okay. When he was on the field. But he was still soft.

- C -
    He was 37 when he got here. I'm not saying put him on the 'tough' team, I'm just saying, he didn't do anything so Clarence-Moore-like when he was here that he deserves to go on the 'soft' team.

My :2c:.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Jamal was a tap dancing bear, if I can steal a phrase from DaBruise.

He may not have been soft, but he is without a doubt the worst 245# short yardage runner in the history of the NFL. If it was 4th and a foot, I had more faith in one of our spectacular failures at QB throwing for it than I did Jamal running for it.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock