Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Troy Smith edging out competition

According to Adam Shefter, TS is beginning to "make his mark" even with Boller taking most of the snaps.

So basically, Troy Smith>Boller.

Not news to me, I knew it all along.

The Boller era of mediocrity is finally coming to an end.

Source:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d808af835

Re: Troy Smith edging out competition

yeah bring on the Troy Smith era of mediocrity, followed by the Flacco ear of mediocrity, until the Flacco era of success...

Someone please explain to me how anyone can come up with Troy's future -- good, bad or indifferent -- after only 2 games????

There are people who get paid millions to predict stuff like that and cant get it right.

At least admit it's a guess and nothing more.

I think it is way too early to predict who will be the starting QB. First off, we have a few more OTA's. Secondly, we haven't had training camp. Thirdly, we haven't played one pre-season game. Have I mentioned possible injuries? It does happen, you know.

Lastly, let's not forget who was our number 1 draft choice. Even if Boller or Smith starts, they probably won't remain the starter the entire season unless we are serious playoff contenders. Teams will not sit forever players that they are paying millions of dollars to. This year, Kyle Boller is in the last year of his contract and they are paying him over a million (not sure of the figure) to play. Troy Smith is not making big money, nor is he in the last year of his contract. They do not need to make a decision on him, as of yet. The team must decide whether to resign Kyle, possibly as a back up or let him go. There are many factors weighing into this decision and they will not be made, based on a few observations from an OTA camp.

According to Adam Shefter, TS is beginning to "make his mark" even with Boller taking most of the snaps.
    During the practices open to the media so far this Spring, Adam Schefter has not been in attendance. During the most recent OTA, Charlie Casserly was on hand and as Schefter's NFL Network colleague he could be Schefter's source.

That said, Kyle Boller is not taking more snaps than Troy Smith. He may have had a few more than Smith this past week but during the prior week's OTAs open to the media, Smith ran exclusively with the first unit and Boller with the second unit. This week that alternated with the first and second units.

I do agree that so far, Smith has clearly outperformed Boller overall and has the edge. But let's face it, there's plenty of time, practices and preseason game time to go before a decision will be made on the starting QB.

We're not winning alot of games with Smith or Boller starting.

PP
    Last edited by purplepoe; 06-07-2008 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    We're not winning alot of games with Smith or Boller starting.

PP
    Well there you have it, folks. Case closed. Season over.

Good chance he's right. O/U on us will probably be 6 or 6.5 going into the season, and I'd probably bet the under there...

- C -

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Well there you have it, folks. Case closed. Season over.
    Gee, sorry Losac.

Let me rephrase that.

We'll have a great season with a bust QB and an unproven guy with no legit WRs and a suspect OL.

I know, a new system is gonna be the cure all, right?

PP

Quote Originally Posted by evade6317
    So basically, Troy Smith>Boller. Not news to me, I knew it all along.
    LOL -- nice to know the QB question is settled in early June. Seriously, you Boller-haters need to get a life.

[QUOTE=ravenwoman;83733]I think it is way too early to predict who will be the starting QB. First off, we have a few more OTA's. Secondly, we haven't had training camp. Thirdly, we haven't played one pre-season game. Have I mentioned possible injuries? It does happen, you know.

Lastly, let's not forget who was our number 1 draft choice. Ravenwoman makes alot of sense, no one knows who will start, I would like to see flacco sit for at least mid season,,, you can't rush him and ruin him like they did with kyle,,,, p.s. Ravenwoman owns a flacco jersey now so she will be rooting hard for him,,,, how do you like it?????????????

No one is predicting anything. Just pointing out more of the obvious.

Well obvious to those of us who aren't blind or delusional. It's not the first time Boller has looked less that optimal against cheaper QBs. It speaks volumes of Boller's ability when a short, 5th round, 2nd year player is outperforming him in such a short amount of time.

And year in and year out people will come to Boller's defense and blame his surrounding cast for his pathetic production.