Bradshaw Admits Steriod Use

This apparently happened last week, but is only hitting the press this week -- Terry Bradshaw said in an interview with Dan Patrick that he used steroids when he played in the 70s. It's already been reported that the 70s Steelers used steroids, but I've never heard that Bradshaw was one of them. It's an interesting admission (although Bradshaw predicitably used the "I only used them to speed recovery" excuse). It was a topic on Around the Horn this afternoon, and someone noted that an unusually high number of those Steelers players from the 70s just happen to be dead.

I think it would be interesting if someone took a look at those Steelers teams and listed who has died, and why. It might make for an interesting lesson for those who think steroids give you an edge and won't hurt you in the long run.

Re: Bradshaw Admits Steriod Use

More likley to be someting in the 'Three Sewers' water that did the damage!!

I like the way he says that he "only used them to speed recovery" or help with aches and pains. Well the first bit is part of what everyone uses steroids for, it's what they do. They provide your body with more than natural levels of the building blocks for muscle fibres (very simplistic view but I can't remember back to what I learned in Biology five years ago :D), this aids healing and reduces recovery time so you can work out more often to build muscle mass. Now then he hasn't I don't think said what steroids he used, I've been prescribed steroid eye drops before now, but that sure as hell didn't build my muscle mass. If they were anabolic steroids then saying they were used to speed recovery is absolutely no excuse, it's exactly the point of steroids.

Bradshaw used steroids.

Well that explains why he's such a knucklehead today.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

I cant wait to give it to my best friend, who is a Shittsburgh fan, that all those rings are tainted now.

I really dont think there ought to be an asterix or anything, but seeing his rage will be priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    This apparently happened last week, but is only hitting the press this week -- Terry Bradshaw said in an interview with Dan Patrick that he used steroids when he played in the 70s. It's already been reported that the 70s Steelers used steroids, but I've never heard that Bradshaw was one of them. It's an interesting admission (although Bradshaw predicitably used the "I only used them to speed recovery" excuse). It was a topic on Around the Horn this afternoon, and someone noted that an unusually high number of those Steelers players from the 70s just happen to be dead.

I think it would be interesting if someone took a look at those Steelers teams and listed who has died, and why. It might make for an interesting lesson for those who think steroids give you an edge and won't hurt you in the long run.
    AGREED
    :D ;) :D