Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
  1. Re: Just Saying Hello

Hi everyone. It's John, from the "old" board.

I was wondering where all of you were, until I got a PM from Crow Dog! Thanks!

I am old school. Well, as old school as you can get for being 36.

I collect audio and video footage of sporting events. I have a large collection of games and highlight films, and record all the Ravens games if you miss one. See the link below.

I am usually the type that will lurk around and add my .02 cents when I really need to.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Re: Just Saying Hello

BTW, some of you guys are older than I had imagined, lol.
    Yeah,sad isn't it.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

BTW, some of you guys are older than I had imagined, lol.
    Beats a permanent dirt nap....and don't make fun, 'cause Lord willin' and the creek don't rise, you'll catch up someday...faster than you think!
    we aren't just loyal, we are obsessed. and we are violently so. we are baltimore, and we are the epitome of dysfunctionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter
    Hey folks,

New to the board and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Cooter and I'm from Florence, AL. Came up to Thursday nights game against the Eagles. First time to the stadium, what a great environment. Look forward to interacting with you folks throughout the season...

Coot
    I have to nominate Cooter for best board name!

I was born in a Bomb Crater just outside of Parris Island, South Carolina...A Navy Corpsman actually assisted in my birth...
    I was raised on MRE's and canteen water until I was old enough to doubletime my ass to the chow hall for shit on a shingle and bug juice.
    Did two tours of Iraq and experienced a new meaning of the term "dry heat".
    Met a wonderful group of Baltimore Ravens fans back in the late 90s who took me in, fed me, clothed me and supported me during said trips to the Middle East. I could name them all but then my Marine Corps training would kick in and I'd have to kill you. (Extended version will be posted when I have more time)

Favorite Ravens moment: Ray Lewis knocks Bam Morris into the 5th dimension versus the Chiefs...

UNLEASH THE BEASTS!!!!

Blog Entries

Welcome Rav52. Nice to have you here.
    Admin Steve
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Thanks Steve-O!
    It's times like this that I miss not being home on the East Coast!
    HDTV is almost like being there though!! LOL!

UNLEASH THE BEASTS!!!!

Hi. Folks!! I grew up in Baltimore, graduated from Poly '75 (last all male class).Had my first major purchase in 1976 (Colt season tickets) Went to CCC, got married to another (eventually) Ravens fan and had 3 sons. I'm retiring from the Balto. City Police Dept. this month (Yeah!!) and moving to Md Trans Police. Sitting in 542, Row 19. Come on up and say "Hi!!" DON'T BRING NO GOD DAMN PISSBURGH STEELER FANS, BEYOUCH!!

Grew up in York PA, moved away as soon as possible. Why people move there from MD is beyond me. I've always been a fan of Baltimore teams, mainly because I was surrounded by Steelers fans. Graduated from Temple University in Philadelphia, where I developed an intense hatred of all Philadelphia teams. Met a Jersey girl and realized that she wouldn't live in MD, and I wouldn't live in NJ. So we moved to LA, then to Denver in 1994, where I became a casual Broncos fan until the Ravens arrived in Baltimore. Then the Broncos won 2 SuperBowls and Broncos fans transformed into the equivalent of Steelers fans, and I have since developed an intense hatred of the Broncos. Sometimes I think the only reason I'm a Baltimore fan is because I never lived in MD.

I have two boys, 4 and 7, both born in CO. The oldest wears Ravens gear to school at least 2 days a week, and the youngest is well on his way to Raven fandom.

Been hanging around the various boards (Sunspot, YBR) for my fill of the Ravens, and have developed friendships with many of the regulars despite not posting as much as I used to. Glad to see an alternative to the last board, which became pretty pathetic.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Denver come October.

As my nic implies, my name is Derrick. I'm a 46 year old graduate of the University of Maryland. I've been married to the most amazing woman since 1990. Not only has she put up with my love of football, but she has learned more about the game then most of the men I know. For my birthday she bought me tickets to the first Ravens vs. Colts game in Indy. Fantastic time. We've been to every game in Ravens history at home, and bought season tickets after we were lucky to sit in the front row during the Colts game the first year at then PSINet. We're in section 103 seats 12 and 13. I was a trumpet player in the Maryland Marching Band during my drunk college days. I loved it so much, I've never left the area. Police officer for 21 years. Four more years!!! If I could, I'd have the Ravens tatooed on my body. But hell, it wouldn't show! LOL! She was the one who said, why buy the 65in HD, when the 73 HD is available. Like the commercial about diamonds screamed in Rome, I love this woman. Anyway, we are Ravens fans through and through. I almost threw up when the fans boo'd Kyle when he was hurt. I refust not to stand on third downs! We have signs for every home game and were on the front page of the Post when we beat Denver in the 1st home playoff game in that magical season. On a side note, if the Ravens when it all this year, I'm freaking reach..... Vegas baby! I can't stand Preston or any one else who thrives on the negatives. I REMEMBER THE YEARS OF NO FOOTBALL!

Hello all, I'm Jeff from New Freedom, PA in Southern York County. I'm new here & happy to be here to talk to my fellow Purple brothers & sisters. I grew up in Middle River where my parents still are. I graduated from Kenwood High School in 85. I never got to attend a Colts game growing up, my Dad was too pissed at Irsay & refused to support him. I had Stallions season tickets in 94 & 95. I have had season tickets since the start in 96 & sit in section 504 where we are loud, proud, & purple. I usually take my Dad to the games or the wife or kids. My brother has tickets next to me. I am married to a Loch Raven girl & we have 3 little Ravens fans (12,9, & 2) (a daughter & 2 sons) who wear their jersey's every Purple Friday during the season, & of course every Sunday.

Hello all, I'm Jeff from New Freedom, PA in Southern York County. I'm new here & happy to be here to talk to my fellow Purple brothers & sisters. I grew up in Middle River where my parents still are. I graduated from Kenwood High School in 85. I never got to attend a Colts game growing up, my Dad was too pissed at Irsay & refused to support him. I had Stallions season tickets in 94 & 95. I have had season tickets since the start in 96 & sit in section 504 where we are loud, proud, & purple. I usually take my Dad to the games or the wife or kids. My brother has tickets next to me. I am married to a Loch Raven girl & we have 3 little Ravens fans (12,9, & 2) (a daughter & 2 sons) who wear their jersey's every Purple Friday during the season, & of course every Sunday.