Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: I'll start it!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Excellent.

English may be your 3rd language but you write with it better than many Americans. Actually, better than most.
    I believe in most Scandinavian countries you are expected to speak and write English at a competent level by 16.

Here, half the population can't name the VP never mind name 3 of the 4countries in Scandinavia.

One for the politics forum I guess.
    Admin Steve
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

True, considering that English is lingua franca and my first two languages spoken by about 14M people it makes great sense to learn English. But I like the compliments nonetheless

My turn--

Born and raised in Essex (sorry). Graduated from EVT (when they still had the V). Served my apprenticeship Local 101. Worked constructionn all my life (and occasionally bartend). Finally figured out I rather have a shack on the beach than a mansion on a hill and moved to OC in '99. Spend most of my time ruining OC by building way too many condos.

Two wives, three daughters (no wonder I have so much grey hair). Member Ravens Roost #44, OC Parrothead Club, The Elks, OC Pleasure Club (one more drinking club and I get a free liver).

Season ticket owner (section 550). Come to every game on the Roost bus.

Seriously, life really is great at the beach.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Great to see a fellow Douglas Adams fan.
    Hrafn

Well...

Some of you may know me as MuchaKilla. I'm 20 years old and am studying for an English major at the University of Brasilia, with plans for a graduate course in the US, UK or Oz (or what have you). I lived in Switzerland and Paraguay when I was small, and my affinity for the Ravens and Os started when my father moved to Bethesda, MD. I haven't had an opportunity to go to a Ravens game yet (my father has since moved to Tokyo), but I'm doing everything I can in order to make it a reality. Until then, there'll be a lot of whining about ESPN from me...

Why the Ravens? To be honest, I have no idea. My father is a Redskins fan (although we both like the Os), but for some reason rooting for Baltimore just felt...right, inside

My ideas may be a little radical, but please don't dismiss my ideas just because I'm not American :P I only seek to increase my knowledge

Gentlemen:

Born in Baltimore in the 60's and grew up in Greek Town (I barely speak Greek but I make a mean baklava). Went to Patterson High School when it was still a great school.

Grew up a Colts fan with fanatic Colts fan parents. Married my gorgeous husband in 1992, moved to Middle River, then Pasadena. Have two gorgeous daughters, 10 and 13. Moved to Ocean City in 1999 and it was the best thing we ever did. I'm a real Beachbaby.

Absolutely adore the Ravens and am a passionate fan. I hardly have a voice when I get home from the games. Season ticket holder since M&T opened up. Have a husband who loves sports as much as I do (it was a requirement). We ride the Ravens Roost 44 bus up from OC and are also members. Member of the Ocean City Parrothead Club also (have seen JB 25 times).

Oh, I have a cockatiel named Louie who says "GO RAVENS".

As the only Southern-fried member of the board:

I was born in Pascagoula, Mississippi and moved to Montgomery, Alabama when I was two months old where I attended Wares Ferry Road Elementry.

My mom and I moved to Cullman County my seventh grade year and I graduated from West Point High School in 1994.

I earned a full athletic scholarship to the University of North Alabama where I majored in English and Psychology, finally graduating in 1999. I got my Masters in English in 2001 and I'm about to start working towards my PhD once I'm "fluent" in Latin, which should be next semster.

My name is Sports Steve LaPlanche and pro football has been my life since age three (3). That was when I attended my first Colts game with my Dad who had season tickets. My Dad was close friends with Johnny Unitas and I got to spend a lot of time around Mr. Unitas. I never missed another Colts home game after that game. When the Colts left town in the middle of the night I was the fan who remained there all night and was featured in The Baltimore Sun front page the next day. I watched Baltimore football history be taken in the middle of a cold raining night to Indy. It was so so sad. The story about me that night is written in the book When The Colts Belonged To Baltimore by Bill Gildea. The pages are 264-265 ?. I'm a proud member of Ravens Roost # 18 and enjoy spending time with the members of our proud cub from Glen Burnie, Maryland. A couple of years ago I had the real pleasure to be selected as the Ravens fan in the game Madden 2005 with Ray Lewis on the cover. I wear over 45 lbs. of beads to each game and sit in section 138. I add two sets of beads each game and will continue until I can't add anymore. I have Ravens season tickets and sit in section 138 Row 6 seat 14 if you're ever around the section stop by and say hi I always like meeting Raven fans as we rock.

Sports Steve
    Last edited by Sports Steve; 08-23-2006 at 02:09 PM.

Let's see here..

I'm a college student with a major in accounting and economics, and I plan to become a CPA immediately after I graduate. I may also be interested in financial planning or something along those lines. I hope to work for the federal government down in D.C. if everything works out; I don't want work to become my life and it seems that working for the government may be the way to go.

I'm from Maryland and been a Ravens fan since '98. I've played lacrosse most of my life and I've continued to play in college, though last season was my last because of the time commitment. School and my future career has become my top priority, and I figure I'll put in the work now so I can (hopefully) get ahead once I reach real world.

I've had a girlfriend for the last 4 years, whom I'm very serious with. We've had our bumps in the road, but this last year has been wonderful and I'm completely committed to spending my life with her. I'm incredibly thankful for knowing her, and I'm in the process of converting her to a BIG Ravens fan.

I like discussing politics to an extent, and I'm always willing to learn. On The Insider I usually hung around the C.A. forum and YBR; I usually read more than I post.

I play golf as much as I can, I try to go to the gym 4 days a week, and I'm a pretty family-oriented person.

Oh, and it's great to have another Ravens forum. It's amazing how much garbage was accumulating on YBR and hopefully this board remains civil and logical. Thanks for the invite, T!

Hi, I'm Alex, 20 from Calvert County, lived there all my life. I'm a student at Frostburg. I've been a Raven fan for about 4 years now, as I wasn't into football until I turned 16. My Dad took me to the Bronco MNF game in 02 and I loved it, from then on I was hooked.

Extracurriculars, hmm. I play the guitar (11 years), drums (9 years), bass (6 years), and keyboards (2 years), and I'm the guitarist/screamer in a metalcore band from So. MD. I am an avid gamer, from my first NES back when I was 5. I watch alot of movies.

I've been with the same girl since 9th grade. We're pretty much married by now.

I don't really have much else to write about, I've never been good about writing about myself. But heres a pic of me in action, though I'd imagine most of you could predict what I look like!

BTW, some of you guys are older than I had imagined, lol.

BTW2, I am RavenFanatic2k3 from YBR.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Just Saying Hello

Hey folks,

New to the board and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Cooter and I'm from Florence, AL. Came up to Thursday nights game against the Eagles. First time to the stadium, what a great environment. Look forward to interacting with you folks throughout the season...

Coot

12. Re: Just Saying Hello

My name is Ken, but most know me as Sandy (to differentiate me from my father...Ken, Sr.), and I was siragusaslovechild over at YBR.

I was born outside Chicago, but grew up in Bowie and Baltimore.

Graduated from Arlington Baptist in '89, you know, the school that closes for snow on sunny 60 degree days.

Went to Shippensburg (PA) Univ as an Accounting major for a semester, but didn't like it much, so transferred to Bloomsburg (PA) Univ, and changed majors to the far more lucrative fields of History and Art History.

Later earned an MA in History at East Stroudsburg (PA) Univ, and am currently working toward my PhD in Modern European History at Kent State Univ (the Harvard of the Midwest!). I've taught some, but right now I'm working for a major web-based travel agency in Consumer Relations while I try to get this damned dissertation finished.

I'll be celebrating my one year wedding anniversary with the most patient woman ever to walk the earth next week. Hopefully, someday, I'll be half the man she tells everyone I am.

I haven't been to a football game in years, but I did get to see a few Army-Navy games as a kid, which is still the greatest spectacle in sports, bar none.

Was more of a Bears fan as a kid, but the shine went off that diamond when William Perry scored a TD in the Super Bowl, but Walter Payton didn't, one of the biggest disgraces in NFL history. After that, I didn't really have any loyalty to any particular team until the Ravens came to Baltimore. Thank God they won in my lifetime, because I'm convinced the Cubs won't win until the year after I pass (Bartman )...but that's another story for another time.

Someday I'll finally get to come home to Maryland...there's no place like home...there's no place like home...there's no place like home..........

And a shout out to BJMH for pointing me to this new board where everything isn't a discussion about the starting QB position. If he would only quit threatening to inundate my inbox with Kajagoogoo downloads.....