Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Re: I'll start it!

My name is christopher I'm crowdog's son. I go to Baltimore International College. I just finished my 1st year and getting ready to start my 2nd. Dad did not mention that he was stationed in HI where my brother and me were born on the Island of Oahu. At the age of 3 we took a road trip from Cali stopped in Dallas Texas to visit my moms family than we visited dads parents in Pensacola FL. and last in MD. and as my dad mentioned I moved to FL. with my mom and stepdad. Later I found myself at a boarding school in west TN where I did all 4 years of high school. Went back to FL. for six months to work and save up money before comming up here to B-more for school in Jan. 06.

Now it's time for football, when I was born dad was a cowboys fan so I was for 12 years until I converted to a Bucs fan. So after 7 years and living up here I'm converting to being a Ravens fan. I always liked the Ravens because I could finaly root for a MD team. My dad started to convert me to being a full fledged Ravens fan during the last game of the 03 season (That was my first football game I attended).
    Last edited by crowdog89; 08-18-2006 at 10:21 PM.

Born 1968 @ St Joesph's Hospital in Towson
    Married in 2001
    Children: 1, daughter - born this past March
    High School - Calvert Hall
    College - Towson State University
    Current Occupation: GIS Analyst
    Hobbies: player in LTRC Over 30 Baseball League, DVD collecting (Sports & Concerts)

I was born and raised in Baltimore and have lived in the area all my life except for a 2 year mistake where I lived in Redskin country because of work.

As a kid I was a Colts fan, and still consider anything that franchise did until 1983 OUR history. It's the players, the city and the fans that witnessed it all that matter. What the NFL and a bunch of lawyers say is meaningless to me. I still hate seeing that horseshoe, but most likely at age 38 am in the last generation of Baltimoreans that feel that way.

When the Colts moved, I never really adopted another team and for that I'm glad. I did become a Stallions season ticket holder for both seasons and enjoyed those games a lot. Once the Ravens landed, I got a single PSL and sat with some friends. I have since moved seats in order to have 2 of my own so I could bring my wife along. We are in Section 513 row 5 sts 3 & 4.
    Baltimore Football Championships
    Ravens 2000, 2012
    Stallions 95 CFL
    Stars 85 USFL
    Colts 58, 59, 70

Quote Originally Posted by DeepPurple
    In 1982 I moved to Savannah, Georgia and was the owner/operator of my own record store for most of the 80's until 1989 when I closed the store due to the change to compact discs.
    Hey Deep Purple. Driving to Florida this summer we stayed overnight in Savannah. What a beautiful city. The wife and I plan on going back for a weekend trip. Loved the riverwalk area.

Blog Entries

25 years old. University of Maryland alumnus. Currently a sales manager for a bank out in Colorado.

Ravens season ticket holder and PSL holder since 2003 in section 105. Had to sell my season tickets for this year since my father didn't have anyone else to go to the games with and he also gets free tickets from work quite often anyway.

My football following history began in 1989 while living in Fremont, CA, I was a huge 49ers fan, watching Montana, Taylor, Rice, Craig, Rathman Lott, etc. I still consider myself a 49ers fan, however I really like how passionate the fans in Baltimore are and I love the AFC North, the old school nature of the teams and the great rivalries. I also like smashmouth football. To me, the Ravens are renegades in the NFL. They don't even look mainstream, so I like the fact they are a cult team followed primarily within the Baltimore area. I think the fans in Baltimore get after it much harder than the wimps in DC.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG
    Oh man, NOW I remember that wedding! I actually haven't seen Mickey Light in quite a while. You guys were really into it, which always makes us into it.

You and your wife should come see us on the 26th at Boordy Vineyards. If you're still into Sinatra we've got a singer now that I am NOT kidding sounds exactly like him. And that's his real voice!

A couple of the guys in the band told me that after the party. My wife is Jewish so we did the chair dance. That was a good time. The dance floor was really filled most of the night.

Well...having seen admin dudes new sticky, I guess it's time to introduce myself. It also gives me a chance to thank MistaT for inviting me here.

So here it goes...

I'm a 25 year old Danish citizen living in Sweden, where I was born and raised. I could list all my schools, but I guess they wouldn't mean a whole lot to you, so let's just say I moved around a bit in southern Sweden as my father went from one hospital to another as his career progressed.

After high school I moved to Denmark for two years, which mostly made me realise that Sweden is probably closer to home than Denmark. So now I live in Malmö (check the Frappr map if you don't know where that is) and will be halfway through Med School by this fall.

I got into the NFL by way trying out Madden 2000, without getting anywhere. Would probably have lost interest if it wasn't for one of the Danish networks starting to air a 4 pm game and SNF. Was a great introduction to the sport since commentary was adapted to an audience with very limited understanding of the game.

Was a fan of football rather than a team until the offseason 2002. By then I was getting so deep into it that following the whole NFL just became too time consuming. Picked the Ravens as my team in part because it was based in the north east, in part because I've always had an affection for underdogs and with the salary cap purge this criteria was met and also meant that most of the players were as new to the team as I was, making it easy to get into.

I'm a member of the UKRavens, though not very active. This in part because I'm not very British. But mostly since English is my third language and it takes a little more effort, giving me ample time to think through my posts, making it hard for posts to escape the grasp of self censorship.
    Last edited by Hrafn; 08-19-2006 at 09:50 AM.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Excellent.

English may be your 3rd language but you write with it better than many Americans. Actually, better than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Excellent.

English may be your 3rd language but you write with it better than many Americans. Actually, better than most.
    I agree! Heck, english is my only language and I still haven't figured it out yet!
    we aren't just loyal, we are obsessed. and we are violently so. we are baltimore, and we are the epitome of dysfunctionality.

Well thank you, compliments are always welcome.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Excellent.

I believe in most Scandinavian countries you are expected to speak and write English at a competent level by 16.

Here, half the population can't name the VP never mind name 3 of the 4countries in Scandinavia.

One for the politics forum I guess.
    Admin Steve
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

True, considering that English is lingua franca and my first two languages spoken by about 14M people it makes great sense to learn English. But I like the compliments nonetheless

My turn--

Born and raised in Essex (sorry). Graduated from EVT (when they still had the V). Served my apprenticeship Local 101. Worked constructionn all my life (and occasionally bartend). Finally figured out I rather have a shack on the beach than a mansion on a hill and moved to OC in '99. Spend most of my time ruining OC by building way too many condos.

Two wives, three daughters (no wonder I have so much grey hair). Member Ravens Roost #44, OC Parrothead Club, The Elks, OC Pleasure Club (one more drinking club and I get a free liver).

Season ticket owner (section 550). Come to every game on the Roost bus.

Seriously, life really is great at the beach.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Great to see a fellow Douglas Adams fan.
    Hrafn

Well...

Some of you may know me as MuchaKilla. I'm 20 years old and am studying for an English major at the University of Brasilia, with plans for a graduate course in the US, UK or Oz (or what have you). I lived in Switzerland and Paraguay when I was small, and my affinity for the Ravens and Os started when my father moved to Bethesda, MD. I haven't had an opportunity to go to a Ravens game yet (my father has since moved to Tokyo), but I'm doing everything I can in order to make it a reality. Until then, there'll be a lot of whining about ESPN from me...

Why the Ravens? To be honest, I have no idea. My father is a Redskins fan (although we both like the Os), but for some reason rooting for Baltimore just felt...right, inside

My ideas may be a little radical, but please don't dismiss my ideas just because I'm not American :P I only seek to increase my knowledge

Gentlemen:

Born in Baltimore in the 60's and grew up in Greek Town (I barely speak Greek but I make a mean baklava). Went to Patterson High School when it was still a great school.

Grew up a Colts fan with fanatic Colts fan parents. Married my gorgeous husband in 1992, moved to Middle River, then Pasadena. Have two gorgeous daughters, 10 and 13. Moved to Ocean City in 1999 and it was the best thing we ever did. I'm a real Beachbaby.

Absolutely adore the Ravens and am a passionate fan. I hardly have a voice when I get home from the games. Season ticket holder since M&T opened up. Have a husband who loves sports as much as I do (it was a requirement). We ride the Ravens Roost 44 bus up from OC and are also members. Member of the Ocean City Parrothead Club also (have seen JB 25 times).

Oh, I have a cockatiel named Louie who says "GO RAVENS".