Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Global Warming .... yes? no?

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I am confused how conservatives create a platform of fear and paranoia to re-elect Bush but then support endless use of carbon fuels which at the current time support not only the elements they have coerced us into fearing but also new and emerging latin american problems.
    Im not surprised you're confused. Reason being is Bush was and never will be a conservative. The only truly conservative things he did in those 8 years was appoint Allito and Roberts to the bench -- and that was after a lot of arm twisting from his base. And what Gore and his ilk are doing isnt fear mongering?

The topic appears to be setting up for a partisan future quite like abortion. I can listen to the claim that 30,000 scientists deny the impact of human global warming (by the way how many of these 30,000 are high school biology teachers?) but can't you sense that Coleman is a tad angry with Mr. Gore and exposes his conservative roots? Doesn't necessarily make his argument any less convincing but I sure hope people are able to put party allegiance to the side before making their decision on important topics such as carbon fuels.
    Colemen's motives are somehow questioned simply because he MIGHT be conservtive yet there is no mention of Gore's leanings or the millions in funding he receives (by the way, Colemen is an admitted liberal and was supporter of Hillary Clinton). If anyone needs to put party allegiance away, it's Mr. Gore (who to this day still refuses to debate ANYONE on his stance). I also doubt that many of those "high school biology teachers" are supportive of Mr. Coleman since most are loyal to the teachers unions who take Mr. Gores claims as gospil.

Yes, I like strapping on a backpack and heading out into the wilderness for a couple weeks at a time and maybe hugging a few trees along the way. Its one of the few places I find sanity and don't have to avoid being run over by overweight americans, driving Escalades with tacky 22 inch shiny rims talking on their $500 cell phones, sucking down a gallon of fuel every twelve miles with "W" and "I support the Troops" bumper stickers on the suburban tanks while people I know dearly are sucking dust in Iraq and Afghanistan fighting in a war that basically filters down to oil and american overconsumerism.

Too many ironies in contemporary conservative thought for me to find a lot of sympathy.
    Someone who is driving an Escalade, overweight and getting 3 MPH ... well, they MUST be conservatives. Again, I thought liberals were broad minded? Ann Coulter proven correct once again. Seriously though, get out of that oil box that has completely brain-washed you. It's your side and their rabid stance against anything oil that's driving up the cost at the pump -- that, and China going through one of the largest industrial periods this world has ever seen.

Take the time to read (and question the motives of) both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I am sick and tired of "tolerant" liberals demanding everybody change for the sake of their beliefs and lifestyles.
    I will never make a case that I am tolerant....

Especially of people who appear to need to leave a size 14 footprint behind them when they only wear a size 10 shoe. You can argue for that all you want it just sounds kinda dumb to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Someone who is driving an Escalade, overweight and getting 3 MPH ... well, they MUST be conservatives..
    No but it is consistent with those who yell, "Hey cowboys over here, drill into this here place and pull yourself out some more oil....because we can"

Again, I thought liberals were broad minded?
    what made you think this? Just because most multi-degreed individuals become progressive in their thinking doesn't necesarily lead them to be broad-minded. In fact, education can have the exact opposite effect and I would be more than happy to point you to the individual who wrote their dissertation on just that topic.

Ann Coulter proven correct once again.
    sounds like the makings of another original book, "How to tolerate and intolerant Liberal"

It's your side and their rabid stance against anything oil that's driving up the cost at the pump
    With intention and quite well-orchestrated I think. The utilitarian effects will ultimately be a good thing.

Take the time to read (and question the motives of) both sides.
    Nothing truer than that.

Im not surprised you're confused. Reason being is Bush was and never will be a conservative.
    I am happy to see that even someone with such strong-conservative beliefs has found a comfortable way to distance yourself from this disaster.

No but it is consistent with those who yell, "Hey cowboys over here, drill into this here place and pull yourself out some more oil....because we can"
    One caviot ... "Hey cowboys over here, drill into this here place and pull yourself out some more oil....because we NEED IT". Oil aside, last I checked, we use plastics for all kinds of things. I doubt you are typing on a wood computer?

what made you think this? Just because most multi-degreed individuals become progressive in their thinking doesn't necesarily lead them to be broad-minded. In fact, education can have the exact opposite effect and I would be more than happy to point you to the individual who wrote their dissertation on just that topic.
    Lemme see if I get this right .... liberals teaching young skulls full of mush to be "pregressive" (see liberal) in their thinking. And that's not brain-washing how? Send all the dissertations you want -- love to read them. But this is a topic near and dear to my heart since I fought (and won) an incident of a professor failing me because I wrote a paper that was pro-Reagan.

Here are a few sites for you ....

http://www.dradams.org/ ... Dr. Adams is a former liberal turned libertarian and writes extensively on the bias in Colleges. His approach of very tounge and cheek, but somethings he exposes are scary.

http://www.intellectualconservative....ticle3514.html

http://www.studentsforacademicfreedom.org/

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I will never make a case that I am tolerant....

Especially of people who appear to need to leave a size 14 footprint behind them when they only wear a size 10 shoe. You can argue for that all you want it just sounds kinda dumb to me.
    How do you feel about Al Gore? Do you know this lying hypocrite's energy usage in his mansion WENT UP 10% LAST YEAR!

If the size 14 is more comfortable for me it is none of your business.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    If the size 14 is more comfortable for me it is none of your business.
    Agreed! Liberals go on and on about the gubmint leaving people alone yet it's their tool to bring every man, women and child to their view point. And if they cant get the will of the people, no problem! They will get some liberal judge somewhere to ignore the law and rule in their favor.

Agreed! Liberals go on and on about the gubmint leaving people alone yet it's their tool to bring every man, women and child to their view point. And if they cant get the will of the people, no problem! They will get some liberal judge somewhere to ignore the law and rule in their favor.
    That's right Tex! I mean Houst. Dem dang liberbals always trying to tell me and my boys how to act civilized and what not. Sheeet. If I wants to drive myself a big truck, wear myself a big ol' hat and piss all over the globe than that's my right. Shit this is america boy...thats how we's do it. Fuck all the rest of 'em.

You're right it is none of my business if you choose to carry yourself in that manner in your world. Hopefully you get the chance to travel outside the country once in a while and live outside of your own ethnocentrism...For you might also find that when one argues that it is their right to be wasteful, there are those who find that again, kinda dumb.

That's right Tex! I mean Houst. Dem dang liberbals always trying to tell me and my boys how to act civilized and what not. Sheeet. If I wants to drive myself a big truck, wear myself a big ol' hat and piss all over the globe than that's my right. Shit this is america boy...thats how we's do it. Fuck all the rest of 'em.
    That's funny since I was born and raised in Columbia and lived in Fells Point up until 2005. Ad hominim attacks are the last bastion of the defeated. You talk about traveling and how it will broaden my thinking yet, by that statement-in-a-box about people from Texas you show your ignorance towards people here AND that you've never set foot in the Lone Star State. By far, I have seen more racism and stereotypical thinking in blue states such as California and Maryland then in Texas.

You're right it is none of my business if you choose to carry yourself in that manner in your world. Hopefully you get the chance to travel outside the country once in a while and live outside of your own ethnocentrism...For you might also find that when one argues that it is their right to be wasteful, there are those who find that again, kinda dumb.
    See above. Again, the assumption that conservatives are this least-traveled, uncultured group only shows your bias. And by the way, I've been to 47 of the 50 states and 10 other countries, sampling all kinds of cultures through the course of my career. My passport and military records are a whos who of affluence and 3rd world nightmares. By far, America is a diamond in the rough, hated by those who are simply jealous and admired by people looking for liberty. But why am I telling you this? You're the enlightened liberal who's arrogance towards anything outside your miopic box is telling.

Another great book on the myth of man-made global warming and how politicians like Algore are driving up the price of energy with their pseudo-science ....

http://www.weatherquestions.com/Roy-...al-warming.htm

You can find it dumb all you want. And that is your right. It is also your right to go barefoot, just as it is your right to wear a size 14 shoe for a size 10 foot.
    Why does it bother you?

...I have seen more racism and stereotypical thinking in blue states such as California and Maryland then in Texas.
    Coming from someone who has lived in MD and currently in CA I can attest to that statement.
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    LOL - I traveled throughout Europe in 1970.

Now I'll bet a certain liberal in this forum would have shit in his pants in that dept store because he couldn't speak the language.
    Since I am the only progressive one here, I imagine that comment was directed at me. You're right I would have had a shit in that department store watching you ask for a cuarto de bano for sure. I just spent the last couple weeks in Nicaragua. If you can't manage Europe in the 70's, I promise you would have great difficulties traveling in a developing central american country where they see americans as imperialistic pigs.

So to say a certain group of people are least traveled and uncultured is pure rediculous at any level. It's like that bimbo teenage Miss America who said people in Europe can't read maps.
    I never said a group of people were untraveled. I did say that it is important to travel to undeveloped nations to see how the rest of the world lives. Usually the comments in response to that is about how many states someone has traveled to or been to Europe. That is not what I mean. Go to Andean South America, Central America, the Middle East or Far East. Go to places where the average earned income is $800 a year...where professionals make $2 an hour. Spend time on a farm where there is no electricity or running water...ride on a bus where you travel 100 kilometers in 4 hours because the roads are so shitty. Walk into a center square where painted on the outside of the cathedral walls says "muerte al invasor imperialist" and know that it refers to you...then taste the third world grit in your teeth and the tightness in your intestines because you didn't pay attention for one meal and ate a piece of tomato.

Look at the campesino on the corner who didn't understand that maybe he had a right to own the land he farmed until the likes of an Omar Cabeza explained basic human rights to him only to have those dreams shattered because your almighty Ron Reagan supported south american drug cartels (which now infest our country with their cocaine and heroin) to aid the distribution of arms to Iran to support Contra Rebels (you call them "freedom Fighters") to try to prevent that campesino from owning land. Travel and learn the stories maybe you would be less inclined to roll your eyes.