Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 17
  1. #1

    Ravens at Texans



    Thinking of trying to get several friends to go down to Houston for that game. 24x7 offers the trip with ravenstrips.com. Anybody ever use them ? I will noy use their airfare (we have air miles to use) but the rest of it sounds ok. Just wondering if by not using their airfare it takes away from the trip somehow.Id also like any other feedback you may offer like how far the hotel is from the stadium. I would post this in the away games thread but it hasnt been posted in since December and i kinda want some feedback ASAP.

    Kinda new to posting here but ive been around all the boards forever. Some of you may recognize the name.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,394

    Re: Ravens at Texans

    Welcome ....

    There are tons of hotels in the area so if you need any advice, dont hesitate to ask. I will be going to the game as well.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Ravens at Texans

    If you buy Anne Coulter's next book, HoustonRave will let you stay at his pad.








  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,394

    Re: Ravens at Texans

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    If you buy Anne Coulter's next book, HoustonRave will let you stay at his pad.
    There is no "e" on her first name. And I already have all of her books!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Ravens at Texans

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    There is no "e" on her first name.
    Kinda proud that I didn't know that.

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    And I already have all of her books!
    Any original ideas in those books? She seems to be repeating (and stuttering) what every other right wing, god-fearing conservative says but with an angrier and more bitter tone and oh yeah, a skirt. The shame of it now is that she isn't even hawt anymore.








  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,394

    Re: Ravens at Texans

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Any original ideas in those books? She seems to be repeating (and stuttering) what every other right wing, god-fearing conservative says but with an angrier and more bitter tone and oh yeah, a skirt. The shame of it now is that she isn't even hawt anymore.
    Typical liberal bumper-sticker rant that lumps conservatives into a nice easy package for you to loathe. Cant take the time to read her stuff, but can dispute it AND make fun of her all in one sentence. And liberals are the tolerant ones?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,394

    Re: Ravens at Texans

    Getting back from a hijacked thread ....

    How many are heading this way for the game?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,454

    Re: Ravens at Texans

    Coulter actually is a funny writer who is as well-researched as anybody. She does go over the top at times in trying to get a laugh or make a point, but her entertainment value and insight tops any other political writer I know.

    Originally Posted by HoustonRaven
    There is no "e" on her first name.
    Kinda proud that I didn't know that.
    Proud of a lack of knowledge?




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Ravens at Texans

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post


    Proud of a lack of knowledge?
    of the correct spelling ann coulter, yes. Of having a working knowledge of ann coulter's perspective on things? Really not that difficult.








  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Ravens at Texans

    ooops.
    Last edited by Galen Sevinne; 06-16-2008 at 10:57 PM.








  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Ravens at Texans

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Typical liberal bumper-sticker rant that lumps conservatives into a nice easy package for you to loathe. Cant take the time to read her stuff, but can dispute it AND make fun of her all in one sentence. And liberals are the tolerant ones?
    C'mon H.R. you really going to make the case that she should be taken as a serious political analyst? Even the Fox News guys use her as some kind of cheerleader mascot. I mean, please feel free to support your party ticket but I am not sure if I would center an argument around her. Really.

    The fact that she has so many best sellers just shows the power of old ideas recycled under creative marketing. In the scenario blonde hair and long legs and a "no ever too me serious bitter attitude". It's not really her that makes me rant so much as it is the gullibilty of american consumerism that supports the likes of a Ann Coulter, Dr. Phil, Tony Robbins and their rehashed ideas sold under bright and shiney book covers.

    Anyway... I might come to Houston afterall!








  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,394

    Re: Ravens at Texans

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    C'mon H.R. you really going to make the case that she should be taken as a serious political analyst? Even the Fox News guys use her as some kind of cheerleader mascot. I mean, please feel free to support your party ticket but I am not sure if I would center an argument around her. Really.
    Of course they use her as a cheerleader because in her dry, over-the-top way, she IS a cheerleader for conservatives. She's a satirist more then an analyst. Both sides have people who are over the top with their wit and satire. She LOVES the fact she gets the ire.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    The fact that she has so many best sellers just shows the power of old ideas recycled under creative marketing. In the scenario blonde hair and long legs and a "no ever too me serious bitter attitude". It's not really her that makes me rant so much as it is the gullibilty of american consumerism that supports the likes of a Ann Coulter, Dr. Phil, Tony Robbins and their rehashed ideas sold under bright and shiney book covers.
    That statement makes it obvious you have not read a page of any of her books. While I agree with you on Dr. Phil and Robbins, to lump someone Ann into that group shows a misunderstanding of what she actually writes about.

    Why are you never writing in the Politics forum? I love debating but Im sure everyone else reading this could care less.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland