Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Single Game Tickets for PSL Owners

First off, the limitations actually will hurt brokers, not help them. 2 games with 2 tickets per game limitation per account will kill brokers.

Second, you most certainly will need more than a password, you will need to log on with your account number or Ticketmaster couldn't enforce the limit.

Finally, I don't know what your experience is but if you think snail mail is more secure than a truly secured website like Ticketmaster you are nuts. Anybody can snag your mail and get your banking and credit card info. That is, unless you get all statements via e-mail, which belies your take. Of course, mailing in a payment allows the thief to get ahold of your info as well.

I'm glad I have a friend who hates his seats, I needed 2 extra for the Browns game.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    First off, the limitations actually will hurt brokers, not help them. 2 games with 2 tickets per game limitation per account will kill brokers.

Second, you most certainly will need more than a password, you will need to log on with your account number or Ticketmaster couldn't enforce the limit.

Finally, I don't know what your experience is but if you think snail mail is more secure than a truly secured website like Ticketmaster you are nuts. Anybody can snag your mail and get your banking and credit card info. That is, unless you get all statements via e-mail, which belies your take. Of course, mailing in a payment allows the thief to get ahold of your info as well.
    You are missing my main point. The lottery system allowed everyone (if they chose too) get their requests in and have a shot at the tickets.

Now they've made it where you MUST be in front of a PC at 10 am on a Thursday to have any chance of getting extra tickets.

My issue isn't the security of the whole thing. Never was.

PP

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

poe, I was addressing a number of posts, not just yours. I understand the 10 am limitation. I usually don't sweat extra tickets but if I wanted some Thursday might not work for me either. They could probably do an online lottery where you log in over the course of several days and put in requests and they then fill them randomly. I am sure some people would assume this system were fixed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    poe, I was addressing a number of posts, not just yours. I understand the 10 am limitation. I usually don't sweat extra tickets but if I wanted some Thursday might not work for me either. They could probably do an online lottery where you log in over the course of several days and put in requests and they then fill them randomly. I am sure some people would assume this system were fixed as well.
    My bad.

Yea, I'm with you on the online lottery. Not sure why the couldn't do that.

I've gotten extras over the years, not every time, but a fair amount.

Don't think that'll be happening this year.

PP

6. Re: Single Game Tickets for PSL Owners

I like the new way better my self, i never trusted the "lottery" system..seems they could pick and choose who they wanted to get extra seats. I guess im bitter cuz when it first started you would fax in your request and first come first served, and i got extra tickets every year they did it that way, (i think it was hte first 2-3 years). Then they switched the new system of lottery and i never got tickets again. I hope this at least allows me to get one extra game.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com