Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Single Game Tickets for PSL Owners

Did anyone else get the letter from the Ravens notifying PSL owners that they are changing the way individual game tickets can be obtained?

It sucks.

Instead of the lottery system where you fill out the paper form and request tickets, it is now a first come, first serve free for all on July 17 at 10 am.

Of course, all the ticket brokers who have PSL accounts will swamp ticketmaster and grab the tickets.

The Ravens are selling it as a "private online sale" as if that means anything. They have also limited it to 2 tickets per game for a maximum of 2 games.

Another thing that bugs me is that they us this limit for accounts and not PSLs. I have 2 PSLs yet will only have a change at 4 tickets total. Someone with 10 PSLs on one account gets the same limit as someone with 1 PSL.

Anyone else think the idea of an online sale stinks?

Maybe it's just me.

PP

Re: Single Game Tickets for PSL Owners

If they do it that way, they better make it so you can use your PSL account number to log in and not some fancy smancy password that can be published on Craigslist.

The old system worked well. Now it sounds like I wont have the chance at extra tickets if my fingers are too slow.
    FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!

Agree that this new system will be hijacked by brokers. If it's online, they'll find a way to snap up the tickets and it will be fairly pointless even trying to log on.

At least with the old system PSL holders were guaranteed a fair shot at getting tickets. Not that I was ever successful whenever I tried.

I bet there will be a computer crash with thousands of people trying to buy tickets at the same time. They should develop a round robin method; an offer to buy tickets every few years so that everyone who owns a PSL will be guaranteed an opportunity to get extra tickets at least every few years.

Because i work with/observe identity theft issues every day and i see the headache it can cause i have never/and will never put any personal information (credit card #s,dob,ssn,etc...) over the web. I do everything like that over the phone or by snail mail. Guess im screwed for getting extra tickets. Thanks SB.

"Brokers" only own about 25% of the PSL's and there is a ticket limit per PSL. I guess if you throw in the part-time brokers (amateurs who are not in the broker biz), that number goes up.

If they run it through Ticketmaster, Im ok with it. They have some decent controls. You will have to try and buy them like concert tickets basically.

Im ok with it.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 06-13-2008 at 06:19 PM.

This is very fan unfriendly. The Broncos use a similar system for their sale of half price tix. Requires manning several computers at the same time. Extra RedskIns tix appear dim.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    "Brokers" only own about 25% of the PSL's and there is a ticket limit per PSL. I guess if you throw in the part-time brokers (amateurs who are not in the broker biz), that number goes up.

If they run it thought Ticketmaster, Im ok with it. They have some decent controls. You will have to try and buy them like concert tickets basically.

Im ok with it.
    What about people who aren't in front of PC on a Thursday at 10 am?

The least they could do is make it on a Saturday.

I called the Ravens and they did indeed contract ticketmaster to handle it.

That's beside the point IMO.

Why not just use the old system (filling out paperwork) but just on their website. Every PSL owner who wanted to request extra game tickets could just fill out the form online and have the random lottery. Seems easy enough to me.

It's a ticket limit per account, not PSL. That actually helps a little bit because you would think brokers would have their PSLs under one or a few accounts to avoid the processing and handling fees that are associated with each account.

Like T said, it's very fan unfriendly. Especially to those who shell out money for season tix etc.... and won't have a chance at all for extra tickets.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    What about people who aren't in front of PC on a Thursday at 10 am?

The least they could do is make it on a Saturday.
    Not good business practice to make rules based on exceptions. But I do agree, making it on Saturday would be the smart move here.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Like T said, it's very fan unfriendly. Especially to those who shell out money for season tix etc.... and won't have a chance at all for extra tickets.
    I dont know about that one. Depends on the type of fan, IMHO. If you can afford the price of the tickets, stands to reason you have internet access. But as I agreed with you earlier, I think the better option is the weekend. Plus, I would think this is much cheaper then using paper and having some $8 an hour intern sort through it all.

EDIT: Just got my letter. I think one line from the letter ought to be noted "On Monday, July 14th, PSL Owners will receive an email outlining the specific details of the sale."
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 06-13-2008 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Not good business practice to make rules based on exceptions. But I do agree, making it on Saturday would be the smart move here.

I dont know about that one. Depends on the type of fan, IMHO. If you can afford the price of the tickets, stands to reason you have internet access. But as I agreed with you earlier, I think the better option is the weekend. Plus, I would think this is much cheaper then using paper and having some $8 an hour intern sort through it all.

EDIT: Just got my letter. I think one line from the letter ought to be noted "On Monday, July 14th, PSL Owners will receive an email outlining the specific details of the sale."
    I work for myself and earn a nice living and Im not in front a PC during regular business hours.

The details will be a password or something like that.

Once again, it's a pretty crappy move IMO.

Why not just put the paper form online and have it automated?

PP

I think I like my chances better this way than leaving it up to a lottery system. The only lottery system I ever won was All-Star tickets in '93 and in fact it was my grandfather that won.

This seems more in my control...a little bit of survival of the fittest. Log on and type fast and often.