Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Re: Troy Smith edging out competition

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    No clue... but yes, I am saying it was an ill advised pass that was unnecessary, but the pass itself was far less damning then it looked, or the two picks that steeler defenders dropped from Troy Smith's hand...

hahahahhahah

Which is exactly why they are defenders instead of offensive players..........Clueless.

OK, I'll take your opinion just from seeing him that he isn't 6 foot over the combine coverage from NFL Network last year where he was measured 6 foot without shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Miz89 View Post
    OK, I'll take your opinion just from seeing him that he isn't 6 foot over the combine coverage from NFL Network last year where he was measured 6 foot without shoes.

:word

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    Which is exactly why they are defenders instead of offensive players..........Clueless.

How does that defend the throw? IT DOESNT

Mizzo
    Ok so he's 6' even, how much does that change?

So there are 2 QB's that have been successful at 6' or under, neither late day picks, and a half dozen to a dozen late day picks that succeeded, that are mostly over 6'4"....

All I've been saying is that he faces LONG odds... care to refute that?

Go back to your position with yrou knee pads in tow, I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

I'm not defending any throws he made , I'm just pointing out that defenders drop inadvertent passes on a semi regular basis. Even poor passes thrown by Kyle Boller get dropped.

On a related note, the thing that most bugged me about the extension Boller got was that it meant another year of reading this crap, as if he's the only guy on the freaking team.

Just because you think you're right, all of you, doesn't mean you have to argue. Holy crap.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

No one has defended any of Smiths bad throws to the point where the blame is placed on someone else.

Only Boller gets the luxury of having every glaring fault put on someone else's shoulders, or in this case, placed on the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus
    Just because you think you're right, all of you, doesn't mean you have to argue. Holy crap.
    No kidding -- Boller's been a freaking backup for the past two years, and yet these bizzaro haters keep talking about him as if they came home one day and saw Boller banging their girl (is this what happened to you, evade?).

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    On a related note, the thing that most bugged me about the extension Boller got was that it meant another year of reading this crap, as if he's the only guy on the freaking team.

:word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word :word

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    No kidding -- Boller's been a freaking backup for the past two years, and yet these bizzaro haters keep talking about him as if they came home one day and saw Boller banging their girl (is this what happened to you, evade?).
    No. He did screw my team out of a few wins though.

Quote Originally Posted by evade6317 View Post
    No. He did screw my team out of a few wins though.
    Perhaps but at some point we have to pick up our emotional baggage - whether it is Boller, Jeff Blake, Travis Taylor, or whoever - throw it over our collective shoulder, and haul it out of the airport of the past.

Because those planes are gone, and the team is moving on.

edit: Nowhere did I target "haters" in my post. I think psu picked up on that. . .
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

So getting back into the swing of Ravens things now that the Lakers lost the finals.

Read Don Banks article today -- basically arguing that its Smith 1, Flacco 2, Boller 3 in terms of performance and their internal ranking today

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ens/index.html

That's a big change and great for the team. Looking forward to training camp already!!!