Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Re: Troy Smith edging out competition

Quote Originally Posted by CDiPiranha
    Sorry to hijack folks... carry on with the topic at hand.
    No need to be sorry, as this was anything but a hijack -- your two cents are always welcome!

I was not at the game but I do recall it being very windy. And you are correct, it probably helped us more than it hurt us all in all.

Quote Originally Posted by CDiPiranha View Post
    If you ask me I won't say that there was a '40MPH gust' at the exact same time Kyle threw the ball, but i will tell you that throwing the ball from left-to-right that night was pretty much HAZARDOUS because of the wind and the strong gusts thruout the night. In saying that I have to say this postively...

THE WIND HAD AN EFFECT ON THAT INT PASS!!!
    Thank You.

speaking of the NE game...

Forget the INT "into the wind."

For those who have it on tape, watch and notice that the Oline gave Boller an extra 1/2 second of blocking throughout the game, which allowed him to play at a higher (Brady??) level for the entire game. Which is why we were in it until the bizarre chain of events at the end. Boller actually performed great with an O-line that gave him the amount of time needed.

Quote Originally Posted by CDiPiranha View Post

KYLE BOLLER HAD AN EFFECT ON THAT INT PASS!!!

fixed

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Boller threw that ball into a 40 mph headwind GUST. It wasn't nearly the poor throw it's made out to be. That throw was headed to it's target when it hit a BRICK WALL. .
    What a joke.

The excuses from this fanbase for Bollers mishaps will never end.

Boller threw that ball into a 40 mph headwind GUST. It wasn't nearly the poor throw it's made out to be. That throw was headed to it's target when it hit a BRICK WALL.
    You gots to be kidding.
    Now people are blaming the god damn wind in defense of crap-boller....good god.

Ruston said it best: What a Joke.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Well given the wind factor, relative humidity, turf conditions, and lunar orbit, there are only a couple of QBs all time who could have made that throw.

I also heard that for breakfast Boller had 2% milk with his Lucky Charms instead of his regular non-fat milk which really affected his accuracy.

Another thing was that his electrolyte levels were not optimal because he switched to G2 instead of drinking regular Gatorade.

And if you...."people"....had any common sense you would see that Boller is not at fault here.

If you want to argue that he SHOULDN'T have thrown the ball that is one thing, and I wouldn't disagree, as you will notice that game, Brady did NOT make any long passes in that direction. If you are arguing that he(or anyone really) COULD have EASILY completed that pass, I'm going to stay in disafreement with you.

If you want to argue that he SHOULDN'T have thrown the ball that is one thing, and I wouldn't disagree, as you will notice that game, Brady did NOT make any long passes in that direction. If you are arguing that he(or anyone really) COULD have EASILY completed that pass, I'm going to stay in disafreement with you.
    So are you saying Boller is an idiot for throwing it?

I bet you have a tally of how many of Boller's turnovers, overthrows, and grounders aren't really his fault. You know you do.

No, I am a realist, Mediocrity IS SUCCESS for Troy. I mean come on, how many times do we have to go over the long odds he faces.. its a matter of Math. If he becomes a successful NFL starter, it's akin to Da 'Tara winning the Belmont. Sure it happens, and when it does you get PAID if you bet on it, but the chances are really pretty small.

Name more then 5 successful staters under 6'. IN HISTORY.

Name more then 10 successful day 2 picks.

Now out of those categories try and guage how many THOUSANDS have entered the league to produce your small list of successes. How many have accuracy issues? How many fit both catefories? Doug Flutie... who is well beyond an anomoly.
    Got damn you're a tool. First Brees is 6'2" now Troy is under 6 foot? I bet if he somehow grew 3 inches you'd say Drew Brees is 6'5" and you need to be atleast 6'4" to be a QB.

Successful day 2 picks:
    AD
    Brady
    Mike McCrary
    Marc Bulger
    Zach Thomas
    Robert Mathis
    Keenan McCardell
    Asante Samuel
    Richard Dent
    Shannon Sharpe
    Steve Largent
    Terrell Davis
    ...the list goes on.

The only list that may be bigger is the amount of first round QBs that amount to NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by evade6317 View Post
    So are you saying Boller is an idiot for throwing it?

I bet you have a tally of how many of Boller's turnovers, overthrows, and grounders aren't really his fault. You know you do.

No clue... but yes, I am saying it was an ill advised pass that was unnecessary, but the pass itself was far less damning then it looked, or the two picks that steeler defenders dropped from Troy Smith's hand...

hahahahhahah

Quote Originally Posted by Miz89 View Post
    Got damn you're a tool. First Brees is 6'2" now Troy is under 6 foot? I bet if he somehow grew 3 inches you'd say Drew Brees is 6'5" and you need to be atleast 6'4" to be a QB.

Successful day 2 picks:
    AD
    Brady
    Mike McCrary
    Marc Bulger
    Zach Thomas
    Robert Mathis
    Keenan McCardell
    Asante Samuel
    Richard Dent
    Shannon Sharpe
    Steve Largent
    Terrell Davis
    ...the list goes on.

The only list that may be bigger is the amount of first round QBs that amount to NOTHING.
    Basically I'm saying that if you stand them side by side, Brees is a couple inches taler, ergo Troy ain't no 6'. I'm 5'10" and have been close enough to notice he isn't noticeably taller then me. I know what 6' looks liek, and Troy isn't it.

We were tlakign about QB's, wtf do I care abotu AF and Terrell Davis.

I'll help you.

Matt Hassslebeck
    umm umm
    Derek Anderson
    emm ummm

Toim Brady, oh yeha you had that one
    Marc Bulger
    oh damn that one too

umm umm crickets...

soem UDFA's like Tony Romo too...Kurt Warner...
    umm umm
    so out of the THOUSANDS(maybe even tens of thousands) of day 2 QB's and UDFA QB's we have a few solid to good QB's.
    Over half the league has a starter that was a Day 1 guy, and it is for good reason. IT takes a LOT to be a solid NFL QB... A LOT. Defenders come from everywhere, it's pretty common... You'll never see me claiming we NEED to get a first round LBer, or DE or S, or DT... maybe CB... Definately QB's, WR's(for elite gamebreakers), RB's seem to fair better, LT's... that's what day 1 picks should be used on.

Take Troy Smith's name out of the equation. It's jsut odds, math, reason, not passions.... He's facing long ones, you at least have to be able to understand that. That's all I'm saying.
    As it looks from heresay, he appears to have the upper hand at the moment to be our starter, good for him. Let's see what he can do, btu if you want me to hold my breath, call me little boy blue sittign in the corner, it's not likely for him to be a good starter.