Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: Troy Smith edging out competition

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Perhaps but at some point we have to pick up our emotional baggage - whether it is Boller, Jeff Blake, Travis Taylor, or whoever - throw it over our collective shoulder, and haul it out of the airport of the past.

Because those planes are gone, and the team is moving on.

edit: Nowhere did I target "haters" in my post. I think psu picked up on that. . .
    The difference with Boller when compared to Blake or TT is that Boller is still on the frggin' team playing the weakest link.

Yes but he's not the starter and in all likelihood won't be the starter ever again, and wasn't the starter last year except as a backup.

No he didn't pan out. There have been worse picks higher in the draft at QB, but you will get no argument from me that he is not in our future. Which, coming full circle, is exactly my point.

There really can be nothing left to discuss about Kyle Boller. Nothing. He's not the starter, hasn't been recently, won't be again. Whatever upside he may at one time have had, has not born fruit, and we as fans and 'we' as the Ravens organization are moving on. "Period full stop," as DF says. It's been said over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Let's move on, as a community of fans. I am not going to cry in my beer any more, and I suggest others don't either.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

When Boller is off the team, I will be content. The day TT was released, I threw a pool party. When Boller is no longer a Raven, I'm throwing an or*y.

It's a shame that Sunshine has been the object of much scorn over the years. I'm a Troy supporter, simply because I believe he gives this team the best chance to win. I wish Sunshine the very best, and if he beats out the competition come gametime, then more power to him - viva la Boller.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton