Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: The new offense: who will it benefit the most?

I can def see Willis having a better year and being more of a factor in the redzone. I hear Cam likes the way Rice catches too.

FM

2. Re: The new offense: who will it benefit the most?

The fans will benefit the most.

We will see things on the purple side of the ball that we haven't seen in decades.

It should be more enjoyable to watch the offense move the ball.

Cam Cameron has a solid offensive package.
    Great players make Great coaches.
    On the offensive side of the ball you have
    questions at QB - Smith starts over Boller and Flacco develops
    A possible very tough 1-2 punch at RB - McGahee and Rice
    questions at WR - Mason (productive but only a possession rec.), Clayton (health?), Williams (Health-health?)
    Is Heap ready to play 16 games? All those years of jump balls have caught up to him.

OL - Retooled and younger. It will take time to gel.

So the expecation should be that the offense may put some more points on the board but there is way too much to fall into place before you judge the coaches system.

"So the expecation should be that the offense may put some more points on the board but there is way too much to fall into place before you judge the coaches system."

I tend to disagree here. A new system and new way of thinking I predict will be very evident early on in the season. And here's how:

1. Formations
    2. How soon they break the huddle
    3. Play calling...this will be very obvious
    4. red zone scoring
    5. 3rd down conversion

I would be surprised NOT to be able to judge the new system very early. You don't need 11 probowlers to make a system work.

FM

We don't need to get to a top 10 offense to be much more effective.

I'd be satisfied with:

1). Not being in the bottom half of the league on offense for a change. If we had that along with
    2). Going back to a top 5 defense
    3). Getting back to top 5 special teams

we would have a good chance of getting back to the playoffs.

Sometimes, I do wonder how good our talent really is and how they would be on other teams. -- we see that our running backs tend to do well (i.e., Jamal, Chester, Priest), our defensive players don't do as well as they did here (e.g., any of the linebackers who left including AD) and our non RB offensive players suck as bad with other teams as when they were with us (e.g., Travis)

5. Re: The new offense: who will it benefit the most?

Quote Originally Posted by Mwjergs View Post
    The fans will benefit the most.

We will see things on the purple side of the ball that we haven't seen in decades.

It should be more enjoyable to watch the offense move the ball.

Cam Cameron has a solid offensive package.
    Great players make Great coaches.
    On the offensive side of the ball you have
    questions at QB - Smith starts over Boller and Flacco develops
    A possible very tough 1-2 punch at RB - McGahee and Rice
    questions at WR - Mason (productive but only a possession rec.), Clayton (health?), Williams (Health-health?)
    Is Heap ready to play 16 games? All those years of jump balls have caught up to him.

OL - Retooled and younger. It will take time to gel.

So the expecation should be that the offense may put some more points on the board but there is way too much to fall into place before you judge the coaches system.
    Ditto. The Fans. Gonna be fun no matter how much we might struggle. Every journey starts with that first step.