Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
I like your posts Fanman so please don't take this personally.

I don't think it's a lock that this offense will improve from last year. Everyone can bitch and moan about the old scheme but when it comes down to it, this team lacks talent on offense. Will a new scheme bring some new energy and possibly some improvement? Maybe. But I don't think it's a lock by any means.

None of our WR would start on any of our division rivals.

Our tackle situation is sketchy at best.

And I won't even begin to address the QB situation.

The fact that this offense has basically died when Heap has been out should alarm everyone. We don't have any difference makers in the passing game (QB and WR) and the protection will again be suspect.

So while I'm very interested to see Cameron's scheme implemented, I'm not sold at all that this offense will somehow transform into a legitimate unit.

PP
The Sarcasmman in me wanted to respond with just an "It's a lock this O will improve cause it couldn't get any worse."

PP, your post is good but I also think there's a chicken and egg situation here. The question is, how much of the last few years of lack-of-production was due to lack of talent vs. due to a terrible system and coaching?

The QB situation is of course spotty at best. We all know what Boller is. Flacco shouldn't start. And Smith is a huge question mark.

The OL tackles are of course questions. The interior of the line should be very good though.

Backfield players are solid.

The real question I have is, how good are our receivers? I think it can be claimed they wouldn't start for any of our rivals, but I don't believe that's automatically the case. We've run terrible schemes with a terrible QB for a few years now. I think it's very possible that if we get consistently solid QB play, that our receivers would also look solid.

That, to me, is the key. I don't think the new system will benefit any one unit more than another. It'll benefit the whole offense simply because it shouldn't be an open book. It's the coaching that should benefit individual units, and honestly I think the unit that will benefit most from this staff is the QB. There's a lot of excellence at QB development here...

- C -