Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NFL Fan Conduct Policy

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8169916

I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts about this.

Re: NFL Fan Conduct Policy

Watching that crap in SD and Oakland is nauseating.

You can't fix ignorance and stupidity no matter what policies you try to implement. It's basically a reflection on society. And a sad one at that.

PP

Bad fan behavior is disgraceful, but trying to implement a policy to stop it is a joke, especially when the players themselves are constantly getting into trouble.

How is banning beer sales going to solve this problem? The people most likely to cause trouble will just get even more hammered while tailgating, so cutting off alchohol sales during the game will do nothing except punish a lot of people who don't deserve to be punished.

This sounds like grandstanding to me -- Goodell is apparently trying to create a particular image for himself, such as "I'm the moral commish." No, you really aren't.

I am curious as to how many beers on average each poster typically buys at a game.

At $7 a beer for domestic, my average is ..............drum roll please.......1.

5. Re: NFL Fan Conduct Policy

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    The people most likely to cause trouble will just get even more hammered while tailgating, so cutting off alchohol sales during the game will do nothing except punish a lot of people who don't deserve to be punished.
    The fans attending the games are punished by the high beer prices. Did you notice that the youtube fights seem to be taking place during the first half of the games? People are getting wasted in the lots to save $$$ inside the stadium. Maybe they ought to lower the beer prices.

Ultimately, it certainly does highlight the fact that society in generalis simply violent. Can't sit down and watch a footbal game together. Sheesh.

Im all for this but am concerned that it will lead to some teams outright banning tailgating.

To hold the teams accountable is a good thing -- I know of a dude over on the left coast who has been arrested 2 times for fighting at games but the Raiders keep allowing him to purchase season tickets every year. THAT is the true crime!

If you get arrested and found guilty for assaulting someone, say good-bye to your season tix and the team can sell them at their PSL price to someone new -- speeds up the waiting list and weeds out the a$$holes who ruin it for everyone else.

I dont think I've ever brought more than 3 beers at a game. Just too expensive. I'm always pretty much wasted before I get into the stadium. People are gonna act like idiots with or without beer.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Houston Ravens suggestion above is about the only way to cut down on violence at the games.
    You won't entirely clean it out, but certainly it would cut back on it.
    Not all teams have PSL seats like we have.
    It's one thing to have seasaon tickets and have them revoked.
    It's another thing to fork out thousands of dollars for a PSL and the tickets and have all of it revoked.
    People with PSLs generally think twice (at least I'd like to think they do) about who they're going to sell them to.
    I'll be damned if I'm going to have my PSLs revoked because some jack ass I sold the tickets to couldn't behave.
    When Phillys new stadium opened with PSls the amount of violence and nonsense has seen a dramatic reduction from what I understand.
    To me, the PSLs are the keys moreso then the tickets.

Eliminating beer sales is not an option IMO.
    Way too much revenue for the owners to be taking it away.
    That, and like others have said, people will just get more hammered prior to entering the gates.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

From personal experience, it seems the Ravens as an orgainization seem to take it seriously.

Two seasons ago, I gave my tix to a co-worker when I couldnt make a game last minute. Well, he proceeded to get kicked out for throwing something at an opposing teams fan that was seated a few rows up. I got a nasty letter from the team, saying it does not matter who sits in your seats -- the PSL owner is responsible for the actions of someone in your seat.

I sold someone a ticket, a few years ago, he misbehaved and my brother inlaw got a nasty gram from the Ravens. I am now very selective who I sell tickets to, usually to City cops

Thumbs down Re: NFL Fan Conduct Policy

Banning beer sales -- even cutting it back to halftime -- would result in more fans sneaking in hard liquor. Then fans will get hammered earlier. It is much easier to sneak in 1/2 dozen miniatures in your socks than sneaking in 1/2 dozen beers.

I don't think fan behavior is so bad that Goodell should have to become a Nazi. Clean up the players' actions and deal with the union, a 17 game schedule, etc. Leave the fans alone -- let the cops deal with drunken fools who would rather harass and fight visitors than watch football games.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

This is nothing!!!

You guys are so lucky you get so little trouble at games. We've seen it 10,000 times and 1,000 as bad in Europe - particularly soccer.

Putting up beer prices is total Politically correct Bo^&cks!!!

Easiest option in ALL sports is to allow NO away fans. (Those that do get tickets should not be allowed to wear 'colors') There will still be the odd bit of trouble but about either : 'You're gonna pay for these drugs' or who stole who's girlfriend.
    Last edited by UKRaven; 05-28-2008 at 07:39 AM. Reason: typo