Ravens TE need.....Kyle Brady??

Ravens have a need to fill at the TE position. With all the injuries at this point they can't be picky.. I don't see anything wrong with signing him and given at least a look. Primarily block TE and thats what this young OL will be in need of.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story;...o&confirm=true

7. Kyle Brady, TE: Brady keeps getting work because he is very good at what he does. Heading into his 14th season, the former first-round pick may still be the best in-line blocker in the game. He's a big, physical end who really takes care of himself, which is why he has enjoyed such a long, productive career.

Re: Ravens TE need.....Kyle Brady??

He's from Penn State which automatically precludes him from joining this team.

God dammit...

- C -

14th season?????

No thanks .... we're trying to stay young, not go backward. Much rather see a project UDFA then an aging Ben Gay user.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I'd have no problem with bringing in Brady, in fact I'd very much like it.. Yes he's older but there's not a better blocking tight end available and there's not many better blocking TEs in the league.

Also on the age factor I realise you're only one piece of bad luck away from breaking a trend, but Brady has never played in less than 11 games in an NFL season (2004 with the Jags), and only three times (1999, 2004, 2007) hasn't played the full 16 game season. He'd be the best blocking tight end on the team and I'd rather him in here to shore up our blocking off of the edge than a UDFA project.

Will they let him out of the nursing home on Sundays to play?

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    He's from Penn State which automatically precludes him from joining this team.

God dammit...

- C -
    What about Wally Richardson or Kin Herring?
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

I was thinking about him, but I want to see what the young guys look like in a preseason game first.

What would you be willing to give NY for Shockey?

I think he could really help us and if he is on the block for a 2nd rounder I would pounce.

The biggest hole in the attack IMO has been deep middle and YAC guys. Him and Heap on the feild on the same time would be an absolute defensive matchup nightmare.

Shockey is tempting, but his pateince in our budding system with our first year head coach would concern me.

I cannot locate his contract status anywhere so this all may be a moot point anyway. If he promised to keep his pie hole shit, had an insentive heavy contract and was generally a better person in the locker room, I'd say go for it.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Shockey doesn't especially tempt me at all, in fact I'm not in the slightest bit interest. I like the ability to run a two TE set, but having two of the highest paid TEs in the league to me isn't sensible team building. Yes they can cause match up problems, but not to the extent that they're worth that sort of combined cap hit.

I think he has like 3 years left and had a decent bonus, so NY would have to eat about a third of his cap number.
    Good TEs are just as tough to keep out of the endzone as good WRs. I really think that is what killed our Red zone O. When we had Heap and Wilcox healthy at the same time we actually had a decent passing game and got most of our TDs from them in 2006.

He may not be very smart or likable, but he can definitly play, and does not seem like a criminal or complete A hole.

He is going to have to stay healthy for a season in order to get a new contract, so that should not really be a problem at first.

Again to bring Brady in , this would be considered a 1 yr fix .....if that. When you consider who is currently in the mix Heap, Wilcox (both nicked/hurt) Sypniewski is done... two off the free agent wagon (Kuhn,Reitz) Its hard to not to consider all options. My primary interest for bringing him would be to fortify the line on both running and pass plays.. especially on the right side. At the moment nobody knows who will be over there. ( Terry, Cousins, Yanda) This group could use the help. New offense, new OL mix = all hands on deck.

I think Brady would be an excellent choice. He would bring that part of the TE which we don't see much in Baltimore, ability and WILL to block. He wouldn't whine if he played all season with 2 catches, wouldn't require Oz's first born to sign, and would help bring back that blue collar attitude. Perhaps a coupel fo the kids could even learn somethign from his technique and leverage, maybe even Heap.

Brady would be a nice signing. He could block as well as anybody in the league. He is also from the Harrisburg PA area (close to home), and fits the type of character that Biscotti wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Puppy View Post
    Brady would be a nice signing. He could block as well as anybody in the league. He is also from the Harrisburg PA area (close to home), and fits the type of character that Biscotti wants.
    I agree. We wound up having to play Adam Terry at tight end against the Squeelers. If Brady is not expensive he would add a good deal as a blocking TE. Heap and Wilcox if healthy are recieving tight ends.

What about Chris Chester as a blocking TE? After all he was recruited into Oklahoma as a TE was he not? I'm thinking he is losing out on the Center job anyway.