Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ravens Roster Moves

Three Ravens were placed on injured reserve today after suffering season-ending injuries:

DT Justin Bannan Dislocated Toe

FB Justin Green ACL Tear

RS B.J. Sams Fractured Ankle

To replace this trio, the Ravens signed ILB Tim Johnson and FB Nick Luchey, and promoted DT Atiyyah Ellison from the practice squad. Johnson started the season with the Ravens and was released at the end of training camp. Luchey, an 8-year NFL veteran, was with the Texans at the beginning of the season.

Here’s a quick look at the 3 new Ravens:

No. Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Exp. College

39 Nick Luchey FB 6-2 273 8 Miami (FL)

50 Tim Johnson ILB 6-0 245 4 Youngstown State

72 Atiyyah Ellison DT 6-3 318 2 Missouri

To replace Ellison on the practice squad, the Ravens re-signed DT Remi Ayodele, who spent the 2006 training camp with the team.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Ravens Roster Moves

I see now why we were searching the FA market for players.

The loss of Bannon is going to hurt,he has had a LOT of snaps this year in the rotation(thanks to Filmstudy's analysis for that one) Looks like Dwan Edwards will finally get some PT in a real NFL game for a change,maybe we will be pleasantly surprised.

Justin Green didnt see the field much so that shouldnt be that big of a deal,might hurt special teams though.

BJ we all knew right when we saw it,lets hope he can have a Musa like recovery,but quicker.

Thanks for the update. I also noticed that AD looked like he got hurt in the Cincy game, but I haven't seen or heard much about it since then. I hope he's ok and good to go against KC.

GO RAVENS!!!

I also heard on the radio coming home from work that Billick said Mark Clayton would be returning punts this week. Any thoughts on this? I know it's a risk with him being our #2 receiver, but I think there could definitely be some great rewards having him back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Luker218 View Post
    I also heard on the radio coming home from work that Billick said Mark Clayton would be returning punts this week. Any thoughts on this? I know it's a risk with him being our #2 receiver, but I think there could definitely be some great rewards having him back there.
    Was there any word about Cory Ross, or just that MC would be returning punts?

GO RAVENS!!!
    Last edited by skaybaltimore; 12-04-2006 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skaybaltimore View Post
    Was there any word about Cory Ross, or just that MC would be returning punts?
    I believe he said the Ross would do kickoffs and that Clayton and Ivey would both see action returning punts.

Someone correct me if Im wrong.

PP

You are correct. According to Billick. Cory Ross will KR, and Ivy and Clayton will share PR duties. That is not a bad move as we don't want to put both KR/PR duties in a rookie's hands at this juncture of the season and with what's at stake.

I love Cory Ross's ability and believe in them, but I am also realistic in knowing that you don't put a rookie under that kind of pressure.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

8. Re: Ravens Roster Moves

DT Justin Bannan Dislocated Toe - That sounds like one of those phantom injuries used to make room on the roster for someone. A dislocated toe ending the season? I read that as Bannon was not playing well enough to get on the field and they needed him off the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by MdLawBirds View Post
    DT Justin Bannan Dislocated Toe - That sounds like one of those phantom injuries used to make room on the roster for someone. A dislocated toe ending the season? I read that as Bannon was not playing well enough to get on the field and they needed him off the roster.
    That is complete BS. Justin was having a good year. Billick said the next day that he was very concerned with Justin's toe as it looked pretty serious. You can't get a good jump as a DT if you have a dislocated toe.

I'm with 52dee, the loss of Bannan sucks. There was no drop off at all when he subbed in. In fact, cuz he was fresh, he was oftentimes a spark. He's also a loss on special team FG blocks.

Just an FYI....Justin Bannan is highly regarded in the locker room and he has a tremendous work ethic. He is one of those players that you need on the team...someone willing to do whatever it takes, to handle the grunt work and do what is best for the team. The Patriots won 3 Super Bowls with several players like Justin Bannan.

It's now time for Dwan Edwards to step up!
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

12. Re: Ravens Roster Moves

If Bannon were that highly regarded and playing that well, he would not have been put of IR. With 4 weeks left and then the playoffs, you do not IR a guy that valuable. Sometimes, the move speaks for itself.