Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ray Lewis Contract demands?

I heard on Bruce and Aarons Saturday Football show that Ray has a new agent and they're seeking a Peyton Manning like contract.

That is ludicrous, I guess we'll be seeing Ray play somewhere else next season if these demands are accurate and I believe they are.

Blog Entries

Re: Ray Lewis Contract demands?

As much as I hate to admit it, I disagree...I think SB doesn't meddle much but if it comes down to Ray trying to leave, he will step in and override Oz and Harbs. I think we'll franchise him, he'll come down a step, and we'll come up a flight of stairs to pay him mad money.

I'm torn too...I want Ray to retire a Raven, but not at that type of cost.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I think we'll franchise him, he'll come down a step, and we'll come up a flight of stairs to pay him mad money.

I'm torn too...I want Ray to retire a Raven, but not at that type of cost.
    Not sure what to believe, as these things tend to get twisted out of shape in the press. But if he wants anything close to that kind of payday, I tell him thanks for the memories, pal.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

If he wants Peyton Manning money then to be quite frank he won't be playing in the NFL next year unless he brings his contract demands down a bunch. I wouldn't even give him Lofa Tatupu money at this stage of his career. Yes he's an all-time great, yes he's the most identifyable and "greatest" Raven of all time, but it isn't worth pensioning the entire future of the franchise on a player on his down slope.

I'd rather us let him leave than overpay for him to stay at this stage of his career, much as I'd love him to retire a Raven.

Here we go ....

1. NO agent worth his salt is going to go after "Manning" type money for a 30 something ILB. It's insanely unrealistic and I doubt even Ray thinks he is worth that kind of coin at this stage in his career.

2. I am quite sure they (Ray and his agent) are asking for high dollars -- so what? It's a negotiation. Have any of you bought a house before?

50 things need to happen between now and when he signs and this is only step 5. Not worried at all.

It was widely reported that Ray asked for MORE than Manning money in 2005. (i.e. a $50 million bonus).

We'll see how Ray reacts when his initial proposal gets rebuffed.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Not worried at all.
    There's plenty to worry about with Ray's contract situation.

He's made absurd contract demands before, and signed to a huge contract last time.

This coming off season, someone will get a huge wake up call about the Ravens. It will be Ray, or it will be us. Lord I hope it's Ray. :ihope:

Anyway, enjoy watching him play this year, I don't think there's any special reason to think he'll be back for the year after.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

your right he did sign a big contract,that was 6 years ago.what does that have to do with now?NOTHING!!!!im sure ray is aware of the situation and whats at stake this is all a rumor.and he deserves top linebacker money i hope if anyone gets a wake up call its you you need to see what the man means to the team

pay him what the market says, not too many teams will offer him that kind of $, let him be a free agent and he will relize what the market is for a aging mlb and he will sign with us.

Quote Originally Posted by ravens-maniac View Post
    pay him what the market says, not too many teams will offer him that kind of $, let him be a free agent and he will relize what the market is for a aging mlb and he will sign with us.
    Have we all seen the kind of free-agent money that has been tossed around te last 2 years. The salary cap is going up something like 8 million a year.

A bunch of nobodies (ex: Ovie Mughelli) are getting huge bonus money.

I'm worried that someone will shell out top money for an aging Ray Lewis. Someone certainly found big money for and aging Adalius Thomas.

I can't take the idea of Ray winning a championship for another team.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    your right he did sign a big contract,that was 6 years ago.what does that have to do with now?NOTHING!!!!im sure ray is aware of the situation and whats at stake this is all a rumor.and he deserves top linebacker money i hope if anyone gets a wake up call its you you need to see what the man means to the team
    Nah. I don't need a wake up call. I need a medal for reading your wall of text. Get some punctuation and traditional capitalization for your keyboard, please. People will read your posts instead of ignoring them.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Nah. I don't need a wake up call. I need a medal for reading your wall of text. Get some punctuation and traditional capitalization for your keyboard, please. People will read your posts instead of ignoring them.
    does this have anything to do with what this topic is about??ok everybody praise this man he types better then me.go get em kid your an all world talent we are lucky to have someone like you in baltimore.get over it i made a point you could not counter most speaking on this situation agree with me so let it go buddy we all have one common goal we wanna see the best team on the field......who knows maybe they might need a receptionist and they could call you to work im sure all you do all day is sit on a keyboard and answer phones so you would be great at that as well.........good luck buddy.