Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Ray Lewis Contract demands?

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    hey festivus,do you swallow too??im sure you leave houston a happy man.but i am sure he returns the favor its cute to see you two come together.but im not sure football is a sport for the gay type.and from what i have read you guys have not talked any football so please stick to the topics and keep your private life to yourselves.thanks!!!!

how was the grammer there,any better?
    No, the grammar stinks. You should hire a ghost writer... That way, someone might actually take your posts seriously......Naaahhh.... never happen!

hey festivus,do you swallow too??im sure you leave houston a happy man.but i am sure he returns the favor its cute to see you two come together.but im not sure football is a sport for the gay type.and from what i have read you guys have not talked any football so please stick to the topics and keep your private life to yourselves.thanks!!!!

how was the grammer there,any better?

Aproxamitly az gud az tha sppeling.

- C -

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    I don't think the Transition tag offers any compensation at all. It only gives you the right of first refusal.

It has also become effectively a useless since the emergence of poison pills a few years back.
    I'd be fine with that.
    Part of it puts some responsibility squarely on Ray's shoulders. He doesn't have to sign anything.
    I remember a certain Dallas coach who left here with no real $$ offer, called back and said yes, started negotiations, got a $$ figure (for JJ to match), then said 'changed my mind, I'm staying in Dallas'.
    If Ray would sign a poison pill contract, he wants to leave, period. If he wants to stay, then he comes and says, here is my market value that you have to match...I haven't signed because you are going to lose me if I do.

The more I've thought about what I typed earlier, the more I think I need to make something a little clearer. The Cheyunski reference wasn't comparing Ray to Jim, it was picturing how another team would be viewing Ray, can't see any offer more than a 1 or 2 year deal with maybe an option coming from others, where with us, a (realistic) 3 year deal is a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    If Ray can get Peyton manning money I wouldn't mind, if not he should be the highest paid on the team. He too valuable to let go and let some other team utilize his talents.

Manning got $34.5M in bonus money when he was 28 years old. Allen got $30M when he was only 26. Freeney got $30M in bonus money at age 27. All could reasonably be expected to finish their contracts.

Ray will be 33 tomorrow. On a 6- or 7-year deal (which is necessary to spread that kind of bonus money out in a reasonable fashion), there is no way he is going to finish out that contract and no way that he is going to be worth the kind of back-loaded money that goes into most contracts. So, whether he retires after 3 or 4 seasons or the team is forced to cut him then because he no longer is worth the base salaries at the back end of the deal, the team is going to be faced with a monumental cap hit (assuming a $30+M bonus). In that case, they would be looking at a $15-18M cap hit.

There is simply no way this team (or any team) should give him that kind of money. If we, for some reason, lose our minds and end up doing so, then I will officially have lost faith in Bisciotti and Ozzie (both of whom I presently have a lot of faith in).
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 05-14-2008 at 03:52 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    I equate this statement with the guy who compared ray to a shit sandwich. Which is just not fair to say. Right now ray is the best player on this team, bar none.
    Shaun Alexander was considered the best player on the Seahawks when he signed his deal and he was significantly younger than Ray is now.

In your opinion Ray is the best player on this team. There are many people who would disagree wholeheartedly with that.

Then again, those people look at this whole situation objectively.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Shaun Alexander was considered the best player on the Seahawks when he signed his deal and he was significantly younger than Ray is now.

In your opinion Ray is the best player on this team. There are many people who would disagree wholeheartedly with that.

PP
    just out of curiosity,who do you think or consider to be the best player on the ravens?

me personally i would say ed reed,chris mccalister,w.mcgahee,and ray lewis are all top canidates for that spot.

The best player on this team is Kelly Gregg hands down IMO. He's not flashy, he's not a sexy high profile player but absolutely no-one on this team does their job better than Kelly Gregg. Ngata seems to get all the love from the fans as the dominant defensive tackle but Gregg is absolutely stud DT on this team and there may not be a better DT in the NFL than Gregg against the run.

just out of curiosity,who do you think or consider to be the best player on the ravens?

me personally i would say ed reed,chris mccalister,w.mcgahee,and ray lewis are all top canidates for that spot.
    I think McAlister is the best player on this team.

PP

Ed Reed then McAlister, IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post

PP
    :word :word :word :word :word :word :word

Ray will be 33 tomorrow. On a 6- or 7-year deal (which is necessary to spread that kind of bonus money out in a reasonable fashion), there is no way he is going to finish out that contract and no way that he is going to be worth the kind of back-loaded money that goes into most contracts.
    This morning I woke and read that Suggs will now be a *hybrid defensive player* This team can be creative and make things work for the guys who are the core of the team. They tend to bend over backwards for their number 1 draft picks.

Now if you want to compare Ray to others and their age, I understand where you are coming from with that but ray isnt like everybody else. He brings more to the table. If a 4 year deal can be worked out I'm sure ray is flexible to end his career with us.

I think McAlister is the best player on this team.
    You are entitled to that opinion but I would say that Majority of ravens fan dont share that sentiment. That doesnt make you right or wrong though.

I'm objective, sitting there and saying that Ray is wash up or comparing him to a Running back is not being objective.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

What's funny to me, about Stockers answer, which has some validity, is that IMO, Gregg isn't even the Best DT on the team.

IMO, the best player is Reed, then CMaC, then Ngata, then Ray.