Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Ray Lewis Contract demands?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    You are entitled to that opinion but I would say that Majority of ravens fan dont share that sentiment. That doesnt make you right or wrong though.

I'm objective, sitting there and saying that Ray is wash up or comparing him to a Running back is not being objective.
    First of all, I could care less what the majority of our fans think. The stuff I hear at games makes me laugh. Alot of the stuff I read on message boards make me laugh. Saying that you wouldn't mind Ray getting Peyton money makes me laugh. BmoreRavor shot that ridiculousness down.

Second, if you think you're looking at this situation objectively and in the same breath say that you think Ray getting Peyton Manning money is fine, then I must not know what the word "objectively" means.

As far as Ray being washed up or comparing him to a RB, that wasn't me so I assume you are referencing another poster.

There's a big difference between Ray getting Manning money and him being washed up.

That's where I find myself. In the land of reality where Ray should get a contract that is fair to both him and the team. And believe me, Peyton Manning money or even a contract that makes him the highest paid Raven isn't fair to the team.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    hey festivus,do you swallow too??im sure you leave houston a happy man.but i am sure he returns the favor its cute to see you two come together.but im not sure football is a sport for the gay type.and from what i have read you guys have not talked any football so please stick to the topics and keep your private life to yourselves.thanks!!!!
    I feel like a magnet for these people. This is not a board for twelve year olds who refuse to punctuate, spell, or use sensible paragraphs. Go :troll: somebody else!

All of you agreeing Ray is not one of the best on the team. . . Remember that when the Ravens are not giving in on his contract demands. Or, they will give in on the contract demands, and we will be :(. Which is why either Ray, or we, will end up with a wake up call when all this is over.
    Last edited by festivus; 05-14-2008 at 08:48 PM.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Saying that you wouldn't mind Ray getting Peyton money makes me laugh. BmoreRavor shot that ridiculousness down
    BMoreRavor didnt shoot down anything. Go back and check what I wrote and you will see that your facts arent straight. Being the highest paid raven doesnt equate to Manning money. Do I care if Ray gets it, NO i dont. What ray makes doesnt effect me. Only Salary Cap geeks (no offese to anyone) are ruled by that nonesense. I watch football for the players and the excitement. You go crunch numbers if it makes you happy.

Back to BmoreRavor yes he makes points about many players who fall by the way side due to age and He has legit reasons to believe so but there are very prominent players who speak very highly of ray and dont think for a second that he has slowed. Some players go out of their way to praise ray. Recently Antonio Piece was on the Howard Stern Show praising Ray up the Yazoo, I guess hes not looking at things objectively too.

As far as Ray being washed up or comparing him to a RB, that wasn't me so I assume you are referencing another poster.
    oh no? who was it then Poe? You mentioned Shaun Alexander, not me.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven
    What ray makes doesnt effect me. Only Salary Cap geeks (no offese to anyone) are ruled by that nonesense. I watch football for the players and the excitement.
    What decade are you living in? I guess you can enjoy watching Ray playing for another team if the Ravens can't fit him under the cap. Well, enjoy your state of ignorance.

What ray makes doesnt effect me. Only Salary Cap geeks (no offese to anyone) are ruled by that nonesense. I watch football for the players and the excitement. You go crunch numbers if it makes you happy.
    So what you're saying is that it doesn't affect you if Ray is playing for the Ravens or if he's playing for someone else?

Interesting...

- C -

I mean really, is it any wonder why I have placed crazyraven on my ignore list long ago? If it wasnt for your quotes, I would still be in ignorant bliss to his illogical rants!

So what you're saying is that it doesn't affect you if Ray is playing for the Ravens or if he's playing for someone else?
    True blue ravens fan here. I have no idea how you inferred that Id be happy with Ray on another team when I repeatly say pay ray what he wants.

What decade are you living in? I guess you can enjoy watching Ray playing for another team if the Ravens can't fit him under the cap. Well, enjoy your state of ignorance
    Huh? Ray on another team other than the Ravens?. Only a steelers, Browns or Bengals fans would want that for the ravens. SOme of you guys make me sick
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    What's funny to me, about Stockers answer, which has some validity, is that IMO, Gregg isn't even the Best DT on the team.

IMO, the best player is Reed, then CMaC, then Ngata, then Ray.
    I'll agree that Ngata has the potential to be the better all round DT and probably already offers a bit more of a push up the middle on passing downs than Gregg, but he simply can't match him in his play against the run. I work for a game analysis website and the distance by which Gregg grades out so consistently better against the run just about anyone on this team and just about better than any DT in the league swings it for me. I'm not allowed to analyse Ravens games for the site so I can only go off what I watch and my discussions with the other guys on the site but what shines through is the destructive force of Ngata that simply isn't as consistent yet as Gregg is in his sheer dominance against the running game. That's not a slight on Ngata, there may not be a more high motor, high energy DT in the NFL than Gregg. Ngata has a good motor, if he ever gets a great motor he'll be totally unblockable every week like he was against the Patriots.

BMoreRavor didnt shoot down anything. Go back and check what I wrote and you will see that your facts arent straight. Being the highest paid raven doesnt equate to Manning money. Do I care if Ray gets it, NO i dont. What ray makes doesnt effect me. Only Salary Cap geeks (no offese to anyone) are ruled by that nonesense. I watch football for the players and the excitement. You go crunch numbers if it makes you happy.

Back to BmoreRavor yes he makes points about many players who fall by the way side due to age and He has legit reasons to believe so but there are very prominent players who speak very highly of ray and dont think for a second that he has slowed. Some players go out of their way to praise ray. Recently Antonio Piece was on the Howard Stern Show praising Ray up the Yazoo, I guess hes not looking at things objectively too.

oh no? who was it then Poe? You mentioned Shaun Alexander, not me.
    You sir, make me laugh.

I didn't compare Ray Lewis the player to Shaun Alexander the player. I compared the situations. I thought you could understand that, but you obviously cannot.

While you continue to ignore the reality of the cap, I'll live in the real world where making Ray Lewis the highest paid Raven makes zero sense. And I realize being the highest paid Raven doesn't equal Manning money. But you most certainly said this

If Ray can get Peyton manning money I wouldn't mind,
    So you wouldn't mind if Ray got Manning money and destroyed the Ravens cap. Great, I got it. Just as long as Ray is in purple, everything is OK. Screw the rest of the team.

It's not about being a salary cap geek (nice disclaimer btw, real sincere), it's about realizing how the NFL works. Everyone watches the game for the excitement etc..... It doesn't mean the intelligent ones cannot look at the facts and realize giving Ray Lewis any CLOSE to Manning money is ridiculous and really doesn't deserve a debate.

I could care less is Antonio Pierce was praising Ray on Howard. And how does that translate to Ray getting a monster deal? Players will be praising Ray Lewis from now until he's long gone from this earth. Big deal.

Ray Lewis deserves a contract that pays him what he's worth.

If you think he's worth being the highest paid Raven, so be it. I don't.

PP

You sir, make me laugh.
    Oh you make me laugh too, sir.

I didn't compare Ray Lewis the player to Shaun Alexander the player. I compared the situations. I thought you could understand that, but you obviously cannot.
    oh boy, you got to be kidding. We are dealing with semantics now. Regardless you compared SA to this the situation not me...you say I make you laugh.

If you think he's worth being the highest paid Raven, so be it. I don't.
    Bingo, Why you have to go on an on isnt going to change anything.
    You think Mcalister (snicker) is the best player on this team, so be it, I'm not going to argue with you over that. Aside from some of the vocal minority, Trust me, people would look at you like this if you said that to a someone in person

If anyone wants to break the Ravens cap on any player they're no doubt more a fan of that player than the team they root for.

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    If anyone wants to break the Ravens cap on any player they're no doubt more a fan of that player than the team they root for.
    :word