Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just A Litmus Test To Intelligent MB Posters

If I make the statement, "there are no easy teams left on our schedule," what is the first thing that pops in your mind?
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: Just A Litmus Test To Intelligent MB Posters

there are no easy games in the NFL.....so you'd be making an uninformed statement.....there are games that you should win...but that's why they play the game on the field....

What comes to mind?

"Any Given Sunday".

Cathy Curtis, back in high school. She redefined the meaning of "Easy"

Bless you Cathy, wherever you may be.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    If I make the statement, "there are no easy teams left on our schedule," what is the first thing that pops in your mind?
    I wonder if WXKevin had pancakes for breakfast this morning...

- C -

or hashBROWNS

sorry about the crappy pun

You're a twisted man Art.

There are no easy games, but a couple we should win easily. Welcome to parity in the NFL.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Thanks guys. We are on the same page here. I read on another board (I think you know which board) where someone posts that the Ravens will not have an easy game from here on out. My response to that stupid statement was "duh!"

Look at what happened to KC and the Colts today. No team has an easy go of it from here on out, so this does not put the Ravens in any greater dire straits than any other team in the playoff hunt.

My point is that we have as much a chance as the next team in contention, so let's just think on the positive and cheer OUR guys. I think we have as much a chance to get into the SB as the Colts or Chargers, regardless of this set back this past Thursday.

Absolutely. Every team needs to show up and put out their best effort. I think the Ravens will do exactly that in KC and hopefully win in Arrowhead.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

10. Re: Just A Litmus Test To Intelligent MB Posters

Yea, there are no easy games in the nfl, (cept maybe that last Steelers game :D ) but let's just allow ourselves to get swept up in the excitement of having a kickass team. You never know what's going to happen next week, so this week, just be a grinning SOB that you're team is 9-3 baby!!

True...they are no "easy"games in the NFL. But on the other hand, it is not far fetched for a team w/ a 9-3 record to beat any team w/ a lesser record.

Should we, as Ravens fans, not expect to run the table on the remaining schedule when the opps are these:

KC: 7-5
    Cleveland: 4-8
    Pitts: 5-7
    Buffalo: 5-7

FM

You guys are truly a group of intelligent posters and mods, and it is a pleasure to be part of the forum with you guys. We may agree and disagree, but at least the discussions are fruitful and substantive.

Kuddos guys.

And you are right, fanman. That was exactly my point. No playoff bound team has an easy time of it right now. As a result, it is okay to have an expectation and hope that we run the table and go 4-0. I think 3-1 is a more realistic possibility, and I would stomach a 2-2 finish (a little), but I am cheering for 4-0.

As for the Bengals, for all we know, the defense just played above themselves considering they were fighting for their playoff lives. I still don't see those guys getting in. They can be too sure that they will beat the Raiders. I can remember us playing the Raiders at 3-11 and we were preparing for the postseason (in 2003) and they beat us.

At this point, anything cn happen, and if our offense shows up hungry and well rested, I don't really see any team INCLUDING THE CHARGERS beating us.