Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Browns beat Chiefs Colts lose

Derick Anderson leads the Browns to a comeback win over the Chiefs. Had a hell of a game.

The Titans won on a 60 yard field goal in the last few second. Good for us still in home field fight for the playoffs.

Re: Browns beat Chiefs Colts lose

yeah that makes the loss on thursday harder b/c we would have been tied with the colts and Chargers for 1st place in the AFC and we would have the tie breaker against the chargers........

Now N.E. breathing down our necks.

I was just looking at the schedules for Indy, S.D., New England and us. It's still pretty much right there for the Ravens to grab one of the top 2 seeds. Obviously, we need to take care of business by beating Kansas City.

Indy's remaining schedule: @Jacksonville (who knows which Jags team shows up), Cincy (should be a great game), @Houston, and finishes with Miami at home. It's not unreasonable to think they will lose another game and there's a small chance they could lose 2.

San Diego's remaining schedule: vs. Denver (division rival), vs. Kansas City (division), @Seattle (tough game), and finishes with Arizona at home. San Diego certainly benefits from playing 3 out of their last 4 at home. However, They have 3 very tough games to play with two of them against division opponents. I expect them to lose at least 1 more game and it's not that unreasonable to think they could lose a second.

New England's remaining schedule: @ Miami (tough game), Houston at home (win), @ Jacksonville, and @ Tennessee to wrap up their schedule. 3 out of 4 road games to wrap up the season will make it difficult for the Patriots to move into one of the top two spots.

Of course, we have a very difficult match-up at Kansas City. After that, we're home against Cleveland, at Pittsburgh (this is going to be a dogfight, don't kid yourself), and then home against Buffalo.

Clearly, it hurt to lose the game on Thursday night. However, we can still set out to accomplish some great things if we can regroup and come out fired up against Kansas City next week.

Great post and very positive...I think if we take care of our own business which I believe we will, then we should at least take the 2nd seed :D

KC game will be very tough but I think we have enough to beat them

Browns, we are at home and we will be all over them

Pitt away, they are there for the taking but it will be a tough game and we will have to have hit Ben early and often

Finally, Buffalo at home should be ours also, again, it will not be easy but if last home game of reg season....crowd should be well fired up!!!

As I watched those games yesterday I thought where we would this morning.
    The good news it gives us a better chance to get the 2nd spot for the playoffs.

I know we cant dwell on the past, and need to focus on winning our remaining games, but:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587 View Post
    yeah that makes the loss on thursday harder b/c we would have been tied with the colts and Chargers for 1st place in the AFC and we would have the tie breaker against the chargers........
    Actually we would be first seed at that point because Indy would have lost to a division rival while we had not (if we had beat cinccy twice)
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

It was a blessing that the Colts and Chiefs lost. This gives us a second chance to capture the second seed, providing San Diego loses at some point.

I hope the Ravens realize that the vacation is over starting on Wednesday and every game going forward is a must win.

The Ravens need to worry about themselves and let the chips fall as they may.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

The Chiefs losing just makes it harder for them to make the playoffs. We can probably put them out on Sunday if we beat them.

I think it is going to be tough for us to get the 1st seed at this point unless the Colts really melt down (not impossible, though). They would need to lose 2 and we'd probably need to win out. I don't think the tiebreakers favor us vs. them.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I don't think anyone is going to win out. I really hope we can get the tiebreaker against the Pats. right now we 6-2 in AFC, they 5-3, so that's a possibility. If Balmer can take go 3-1 and the Pats go 2-2, it'll look good. Good chance either the Chargers or Colts will lose two.
    at the beginning of the year I'da thunk 10-6 and a WC would be great. Getting greedy!!!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

If we end up 13-3 we would have 2 conference losses. The Irsays have 1. If they lose to Cincy, for example, we would have the common opponents tie breaker having beaten Tennessee while they split and we would have split with Cincy who would have beaten them. I don't believe division record is a factor is playoff seeding. Conference record and common opponents would be the decider. If we tied with San Diego AND Indy our head to head win might now factor since Indy was also in the mix and thus we would have to consider their conference record and common opponents as well.

The best thing we can do is win and see what happens, in 2 weeks this will be a lot more clear.