I'm still excited.

Once this team gets into the playoffs, anything can and will happen.

I don't buy into the hype that this team isn't ready for the bigtime. If you are an NFL fan and you've watched what has happened to the NFL these last 10 years, you'd know what a ridiculously unpredictable sport this has turned into.

I remember back in the 80's and early 90's, there wasn't much mystery when it came to who was going to win the Super Bowl. Now, I'll be damned if the best team during the regular season ever does win it.

Even the Patriots, the so-called dynasty of our era, was a weak rendition of the 90's Cowboys, 80's 49ers and 70's Steelers. The dynasties of today don't measure up on the depth chart to the past greats, mainly due to the design of free agency and the cap. This is a different era. There is no dominant team, just a bunch of streaky teams and the occassional Patriots-type team that just doesn't shoot themselves in the foot. Everybody is vulnerable in this league and when you throw them all in a can, some crazy shit is going to happen.

I say let's roll the dice. Throw our Ravens into the playoff picture and let's see if they stick. I would not be surprised at all if they bow out fast or take it right to the bank for #2.

2. Re: I'm still excited.

I'm with you FadeToBlack I LOVE THIS TEAM AND I STILL THINK THEY CAN DO SOME DAMAGE IN THE PLAYOFFS !!! I truly believe that the four day week really hurt the Ravens...To win going into Cinncinatti and against a dangerous offensive Bengals team, that was at the point where it was do or die for them, was a bit tough to overcome after that hard fought, passion and energy spent Steelers game! I was a little miffed afterwards, but I know this game is hard on the players body and mind to overcome in four days:grbac: ! The NFL has to look over this issue...I think playing on Thursday close to the end of the year, especially against a divisional rival, is a bit crazy:insane:

Re: I'm still excited.

Still excited about this team but the next game in KC, considering it's in December and how well KC have been playing D this year is a massive statement game for this football team.

agree; no need to be down right now. losing by 6 on the road is not cause for panic, esp against a good team / defending division winner, and very pumped up. that's why we have so much trouble against the Browns; the Ravens game is their biggest of the year. it's the price you pay when you're a Big Dawg.
    and I agree with Fade to Black about the Patriots. none of their SB wins were blowouts.
    another thing; big-time passing teams rarely win out unless they have the traditional running-game-and-defense (the Manning Colts, the old Coryell Chargers, Billick's Vikings, etc.). The Rams were supposed to be a big-time team; they did win 1 SB, but that was a nail-biter in a post-dynasty year.
    hopefully this will teach the newer guys about the fine line between loss and win. and it gives us a few extra days to prepare for KC, which will be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    The Rams were supposed to be a big-time team; they did win 1 SB, but that was a nail-biter in a post-dynasty year.
    Lots of people forget how good that team actually was...

Their rushing game featured Marshall Faulk in his prime, who rushed for nearly 1,400 yards at 5.5/att. They were ranked #5 overall in rushing yards, and #2 in YPA.

Their defense was almost forgotten because their offense was so incredibly good. It was the #7 D in total yards. Their passing D was #24 overall in yards, but that was because they were #29 in total attempts (everyone was playing from A LOT behind and trying to shoot it out with them). YPA is a better measurement here, where they were ranked #7. Their rushing D was across the board very tough and ranked #1 across the board except for YPA where they were #6.

They didn't have a dominating run game or defense, but it was certainly strong. Clearly much stronger than the Colts D and many of the other playoff hopeful Ds...

- C -

I always love my RAVENS. They will be ready for prime time they always have been a team that could do that.

Steve,
    We've also gotten our butts spanked in prime time too. But I love my RAVENS too and like UK says, this will be a huge statement game in KC. I'm a little nervous about it, but the Ravens will be rested and I'm sure well prepared to take on the Chiefs. Really looking forward to seeing this game, but I'll have to miss some of it as I'll be flying back here that day.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

I would really cringe to see this team get its butt whooped in KC. But I think with the Ravens defense being what it is, they will force Trent Green, Eddie Kennison and Tony Gonzalez to win the game for them. And with AD locking up on Tony G, I'm feeling pretty good about it. We just can't shoot ourselves in the foot on offense. We can't give our defense short fields. Play SMART offense and keep moving the chains, and the rest will take care of itself in Arrowhead.

I don't like any linebacker (even AD) matched up with Tony Gonzalez...

The dude is sick.

But mark my words, the Ravens will WIN.