Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ravens Fans

Ravens Fans

You know, after listening to the radio all day, I have to say that we some of the most pathetic fans ever. You would've thought that this team was 3-9 by the way some people acted. This guy sucks, that guy sucks etc......

Im honestly embarassed to be "fans" of the same team as some of these people. You have people saying Billick should stop calling plays. Im sure they were the same who were all over his jock over the past month when things were going great.

I called Rob Long today and posed a question and I'll pose it here. Who honestly had the Ravens 9-3 right now AND had them beating both Pitt and Cincy during this stretch.

I think we all know the answer to that question.

Critiquing the team is one thing. Don't get me wrong. They played a very bad game last night. Their line and backs picked up our blitz all night. They had a good game plan and they executed it. 16 teams lose every week in this league.

But for godsakes, some people need to get a grip. We have a 2 game lead with 4 to play. We control our own destiny. We played a bad game against a who:

1. Were fighting for their playoff lives.
    2. Were averaging over 30 points a game for the past 5 games(we gave up 13, not 40 like some people act like we did)
    3. Were at home.

Yes, the Ravens had alot to play for as well. They would've been the 2nd team in the history of the league to clinch a division before Dec. 1.

Think about that for a second.

So we layed an egg. No, it's not good. But it surely isn't nearly as bad as what I heard today.

Maybe I'm way offbase but listening to the radio today was almost nauseating.

PP

Re: Ravens Fans

I agree, one loss people want to jump off a bridge. I didn't expect to win that game anyway, so big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    You know, after listening to the radio all day, I have to say that we some of the most pathetic fans ever. You would've thought that this team was 3-9 by the way some people acted. This guy sucks, that guy sucks etc......

Im honestly embarassed to be "fans" of the same team as some of these people. You have people saying Billick should stop calling plays. Im sure they were the same who were all over his jock over the past month when things were going great.

I called Rob Long today and posed a question and I'll pose it here. Who honestly had the Ravens 9-3 right now AND had them beating both Pitt and Cincy during this stretch.

Critiquing the team is one thing. Don't get me wrong. They played a very bad game last night. Their line and backs picked up our blitz all night. They had a good game plan and they executed it. 16 teams lose every week in this league.

But for godsakes, some people need to get a grip. We have a 2 game lead with 4 to play. We control our own destiny. We played a bad game against a who:

2. Were averaging over 30 points a game for the past 5 games(we gave up 13, not 40 like some people act like we did)
    3. Were at home.

Yes, the Ravens had alot to play for as well. They would've been the 2nd team in the history of the league to clinch a division before Dec. 1.

So we layed an egg. No, it's not good. But it surely isn't nearly as bad as what I heard today.

PP

I totally applaud you for posting this. Let us beat the Chiefs 27-6, and those same folks will have us winning the next three SBs.

We lost and I was not happy with how we played, but the Bears and Colts have had pathetic games as well.

Look at it this way. Our offense looked that bad how many times this season? Maybe 3 times. How many games last season did our offense look bad? Maybe 14 times. Hey, it is progress.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

There's always 10% of any group of people who make the rest look stupid...

Don't worry about them, they just haven't taken their meds today.
    I love my team and am more than happy with our current record.
    We will improve upon that record on our way to the playoffs so I'm not gonna get too caught up in what some Joe Blow fan thinks about my awesome Ravens.

I was really disappointed in the effort last night but I really wasn't surprised. That was an emotional game we played and won Sunday so I figured we would come in flat.. Gotta admit I expected a better turnaround in the second half but, oh well.
    To answer your question, I certainly never expected this team to be where it is. I was figuring between the discontent of the star players we had going on last year, players bailing out on the team, Billick getting laid open publically, McNair being new to the system, an OL that didn't look to be any better this season and my basic lack of confidence in that"system" I was expecting a year like last year. I really kind of thought Billick would be on the bus out of town by now so however it goes from here I'm way ahead of where I expected to be. I'm just hoping with ten days to simmer over this performance they come back with "malice in their hearts" and take it all out on KC. That's a game that has had me worried since I first saw it on the schedule.

3. Were at home.

PP
    RIGHT ON PP!!!
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

When the season started, the expectations were different. What we saw was a team that could win in a variety of ways. A team that found ways to win in all 3 phases. A team that could win in tough situations like down on the road and laying eggs in the 1st half at home. A team that could win without Ray, and could continue to fight without McNair. What we saw was a Championship caliber team. The expectations changed.

Thursday nights team couldn't beat Cleveland. That team will never win in the playoffs. I have all the faith in the world in these men on this team. Our chemistry, our leadership, our heart. Thursday was an abberation and a rallying point. From now on though, the line has to be drawn. There cannot be another lapse, another let down. Now we have to secure our destiny.

Well said, PP.

No doubt it was a disappointing result, but we are still in the drivers seat.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

So...the sky isn't falling?

Im honestly embarassed to be "fans" of the same team as some of these people.
    Those people are idiots.

Anyone who has paid any attention to the Ravens knows they can't run and they simply will their way to victory. They aren't a high octane team and they WILL get whooped every once in a while. They win because they're smart, not because they're lethal (like the Chargers, Colts or Bears).

Having said that, this team is every bit as dangerous as those teams. They lull you to sleep and kill you quietly, as opposed to the dramatic fashion those other teams beat you down. We're the silent killer in the race. Thats why we get no respect by many people in the media. We aren't the prototype.

Purple Poe I could not agree with you more. These will be the same fans going crazy saying how they are super fans when we go to the super bowl.

GO RAVENS

Poe, great post. I agree with you totally, one loss and people want to call the season lost. NOT SO! There's more chances for the Ravens to do what they need to do so we're still watching them in January and maybe even February! :)
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello