Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mailed It In!

Mailed It In!

I don't know about the rest of you out there in Ravendom, but to this Raven's fan, this team of ours, which Was on the verge of something special, MAILED IT IN LAST NIGHT!! No fervor; No intensity; No sense of urgency; None of the Passion they showed against the Squeelers last Sunday. This team must think they can just waltz into the playoffs. Well, fellas, we all know this is the NFL, and if you think that, and BB does Not hold you accountable, then it is going to be sayonnara, and wait 'til next year. What a pathetic showing - No pass rush; No mental discipline on both sides of the ball; No creativity in the play calling; No nothing! Well, fellas, enjoy your 5 day vacation. I know if I mailed it in on my job, there'd sure as hell not be any 5 day vacation in it for me.

Re: Mailed It In!

Oh jesus christ :grbac:

I thought we came to this board to get away from the idiots.

While you may not agree with the take it doesn't necessarily make him an idiot, Kevin. While the sky is not falling I think most would agree last night was not a stellar performance by the boys in purple.

The Bengals were just the better team LAST NIGHT. It's not the end of the world. The Ravens are 9-3 and just have to go back to the drawing board. The Bengals covered our blitz very well last night. Still we only lost by 6 points. There will be times when a team is flat and last night was ours. I don't think many fans would have said we would be 9-3 at this point of the season before the seaon started.

GO RAVENS

Question Re: Mailed It In!

While i agree it isnt the end of the world, some things still bother me. Why didnt we adjust at all on offense? If i recall correctly, We didn't throw a single pass over 10 yards in the air until that final drive. Their DB's were all over our short routes and did not respect us at all over the top. But why would they? Even if we throw 1 or 2 passes deep that are incomplete, at least it might keep them honest. Im not the professional though and i don't get paid the money to be so maybe there was something that the coaches saw that i did not. We were def. flat and while the Bengals had a short week also, we didn't have a home crowd to energize us. I truly believe that their crowd was a big factor so kudos to those hillbillies. But the coaches shouldn't be flat should they? Oh well. Frustrating loss, but lets go get em' next Sunday. We still have a two game lead at at least one home playoff game in our grasp.

Last night was one of the worst performances by a Raven team ever. Last week was one of the best ever. Go figure...

We have to admit one thing; They are interesting. Also, no one could ever accuse the Ravens of being predictable.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

I thought they stunk last night, period. They didn't practice, they didn't make plays, and Carson Palmer had his way in the first half. They didn't try to stretch the field with any long passes, until it was too late.

Marvin had his guys in practice and they were preparing for the game the minute their game with the Browns was over. All we did was dwell on how well we handled Pittsburgh.

Nothing is etched in stone, and we better get our act together and fast. Truthfully, I am not certain we can beat Kansas City. They have beat us twice here at home, so it will be twice as difficult to play them at home.

We better hope San Diego botches up some game in their schedule. I also hope we don't have to play the Bengals again, either.

They don't deserve 5 days off. I hope they are all miserable and think about last night's game. They deserve a kick in the pants and 2 days off here at home in Baltimore.

I don't think a fellow Ravens fan is an idiot because he is voicing an opinion that thousands of fans have today. The sky is not falling, the world did not end, & we are still 9-3 in 1st place, 2 games up on Cincy w/ 4 to go. That said, they better have learned some lessons last night, because there were plenty given. The team did look totally flat last night, like they were already on their 5 day vacation. I guess what we fans have a hard time accepting is they talked the talk, but didn't walk the walk. They said all the right things after Pittsburgh, but they didn't do all the right things in the game last night. How can you not show up to an important game???? We're playing the 31st ranked defense in the league & we make them look like the 2nd coming of our 2000 D?

If I was Billick, I would have walked in that locker room after the game & started throwing lockers & said "Men, your vacation is cancelled, call whoever you need to. You will have an off day on Friday, I expect you in here for film & practice on Saturday & Sunday. We will start installing the KC game plan on Monday & work on it all week until we have it right. We are a team playing for a Championship & champions don't go on vacation in the middle of a run. I tried to do it the easy way by taking it easy on you this week, & you didn't respond. If you're mad, well good, you should be after that performance. You should be mad at yourself & you have no one to blame but yourself. & Ray, what the hell was that out there with you & Chad Johnson after the game?"

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

I can't remember the last time we played well in a downpour.

Our defense and offense seems to take a step or two back under wet conditions.

I'm not gonna add to the deluge by crying about it after the fact though...

Let's not go bashing the defense.

They only allowed 13 points against one of the better offenses in the league.

The offense didn't show up, so let's blame them.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

The Ravens didn't mail it in, McNair did.

The Ravens looked flat the entire game. The Bengals backs were up against the wall. Clearly, they wanted this game more than Baltimore.

We get them in our house and they will lost again.