Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Where was our pass rush and pass protection?

:grbac: NON EXISTANT

Re: Where was our pass rush and pass protection?

Protection wasn't HORRIBLE, but not great. Pass rush was pathetic, but you still can't put this one on the D. McNair played like complete ass. So did the WRs.

Are you kidding? McNair had all the time in the world, he just didn't get the ball to anyone! The run blocking is what sucked, not the pass blocking. Did McNair even get sacked? No one was near him for four seconds or more every single play. That's what you're supposed to get in the NFL.

Our pass rush was bad in the first half but good in the second. Our D did a terrific job other than that one drive where they completely fell apart. We don't botch that third and 16 play and the Bengals don't score more than 6 all night on us. Their O is terrific, and we held them to 13 points on the road on 4 days rest. What the hell more can you want from them???

- C -

4. Re: Where was our pass rush and pass protection?

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Are you kidding? McNair had all the time in the world, he just didn't get the ball to anyone! The run blocking is what sucked, not the pass blocking. Did McNair even get sacked? No one was near him for four seconds or more every single play. That's what you're supposed to get in the NFL.

Our pass rush was bad in the first half but good in the second. Our D did a terrific job other than that one drive where they completely fell apart. We don't botch that third and 16 play and the Bengals don't score more than 6 all night on us. Their O is terrific, and we held them to 13 points on the road on 4 days rest. What the hell more can you want from them???

- C -
    A WIN

You do realize that the Bengals were running short drops to stop our pass rush from getting to Carson, don't you?

And the line protected McNair about as well as it has the past five weeks. He just had an off game and we have to give credit to the Bengals secondary.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    He just had an off game
    And HOW!

He was horrible. Worst game since Denver.:grbac:

So Steve can't play in the rain.

Let's get the weather man to work on that one for us.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    So Steve can't play in the rain.

Let's get the weather man to work on that one for us.

Not Steve but the whole team. This has been a rocky slope for us since Miami in 2000....this team can not play well when the weather is bad. On the pluss side we have plenty of time to hope for dry weather in KC on the 10th.

The Bengals were keeping 2 backs in at times to catch anybody that got through the line. All Palmer needed was a 2 or 3 seconds to get those short passes off. The Bengals has a great game plan and completed eliminated what the Ravens are good at. Not all teams can do this against the Ravens though.

The O line wasn't terrible, McNair had time to look around the field & pick receivers before he dumped it off for a 2 yard dink. McNair just didn't have his game head on last night. Why didn't we come out & be aggressive, open it up with the passing game & then pound Jamal? We made their defense look like our 2000 defense, & their defense sucks. We have no clock management as usual, if there wasn't a score showing on the tv & you didn't know the score, you would think we were winning with our casual approach to the clock. The whole team looked slow & not ready to play. Billick let's them have an easy week, & this is how they repay him? He should have had them practicing every day, not doing walk thrus. Lewis practiced all 3 days this week before the game. At least have them hit on Tuesday.

As far as the pass rush, the Bengals held the RB's & TE's in to block & give Palmer extra protection. They picked up our blitzes & rush with ease, they were ready for our defensive game plan.

I don't think Billick should have gave them 5 days off after this game. He should have said you win, your off, if you lose, you're off Friday, &do your lifts Saturday, & we start practice on Sunday to get ready for KC. I know if I was on this team, I wouldn't be running out of town to go "relax" for 5 days, because after the way that game was played last night, I couldn't relax & be off, I'd be so mad.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Our pass rush was neutralized (and we did Not adjust), and our pass protection was Lackluster, at best, along with the total Offensive effort! Imo this team does not seem to possess the mental toughness to win this thing. Yes, they've had a great year (thus far); but to be a Championship team, they can not approach a game (as huge as last night's game), and lay an egg. Mental toughness, discipline, and execution were totally lacking from last night's effort, and I can see this year's team ending up with a nice season, but be just 1 of 31 other teams that will Not be holding the Lombardi trophy come season's end!

Imo this team does not seem to possess the mental toughness to win this thing.
    How many comebacks have we had this year? Come on - mental toughness is not this team's problem.

I have no idea if the Ravens are Super Bowl material or not. Before and after this game, my assessment is the same - they've got about as much chance as most other contenders, they have their weaknesses and the weaknesses are apparent but can be worked around in most games, and that's true for the Colts, Chargers, Bears, Cowboys, you name it.

Our offense, special teams and - to a lesser extent - defense had an off night on a short week (shorter than the Bengals' because of travel) against a good team, a tough division rival on the road. After how good they looked in most of the games since the bye, they're allowed an off night.

This team doesn't have the makings of a late-season collapse. They're still confident, mature, unified and strong. I think we're still well-positioned to either win out from here or after KC to finish at least 12-4, which wins the division and might win the No. 2 seed.