Finalists for 2007 Regular season international Game

The NFL has whittled down to 5 finalists for the 1st regular season game to be hels outside the USA. The finalists are:

Mexico City
    Toronto
    London
    Frankfurt
    Cologne

Roger Dodger (the commish) says a final decision will be made by the Super Bowl. He also says 1 of these cities will possibly have an NFL team in 10 years.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Re: Finalists for 2007 Regular season international Game

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    The NFL has whittled down to 5 finalists for the 1st regular season game to be hels outside the USA. The finalists are:

Mexico City
    Toronto
    London
    Frankfurt
    Cologne

Roger Dodger (the commish) says a final decision will be made by the Super Bowl. He also says 1 of these cities will possibly have an NFL team in 10 years.
    :insane:

yeah, I can see the San Diego charges hoping on a plane for a 12 hour flight to London in the future. Unless the NFL plans to buy an SR71 this is just plain stupid.
    Section 106 from start to finish!

I agree, but we have already bitched about this & the league idiots including Roger the Dodger (commish) are going to do it no matter what the fans want or say.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

The only city that could probably get an NFL team would be Mexico City, since they're in the same hemisphere. I don't like the idea of playing games overseas either, lets hope they ignore the Ravens like they do in most other matters. Likely candidates to me are the Cowboys, Patriots, and Colts, since they seem to get the most press.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Still confident of it being in London and I'm surprised to see Toronto in there, the Rogers Centre is only 55,000 capacity I think and the sightlines are supposed to be awful and it's not far from Buffalo so I don't see it going there.

Mainly I'm just praying for London though as I'm not going to be able to afford to go out to a game next year! :D