Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who do we want in the playoffs?

Obviously we control our own destiny for up to the #2 seed. If Jax does us a favor and knocks off Indi in Jax Dec 10th, we'd actually own the tie-breaker over them as well if we win out, since we'd have a perfect division record. No matter what, though, it's safe to assume that we've got a very legit shot at being the #1 - #3 seeds, and I'll assume for the sake of this discussion we land somewhere in there, with Indi and SD.

Even if the Pats lose and Jets win this weekend, the Pats have about as easy a schedule to finish as the Jets, so let's say the Pats take the #4 seed. That leaves the wild-card teams. These are, in order if the playoffs would start today (which is tough since some have played more games than others)...
    #5 - Kansas City
    #6 - Denver
    #7 - Jacksonville
    #8 - NY Jets
    #9 - Cinci
    #10 - Miami
    #11 - Pitt

Let's end it there, but we'll just say for the sake of argument all of them have a shot, cause Miami and Pitt are hot right now and seem to be sexy choices for a late season turn-around to make a playoff push.

Who do we want in and why? This includes thinking through who matches up best with NE, SD, and Indi to take them down, not only who we match up most favorably against.

- C -

2. Re: Who do we want in the playoffs?

I WANT DENVER!! If it wasn't for our crummy offense and if Billick would've been calling the plays, we should've beat them down in that loss on Monday Night Football:hammer:
    Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 11-26-2006 at 09:17 AM.

Re: Who do we want in the playoffs?

I don't care who we play!!! BRING IT ON!!!:hammer:
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

Wink Re: Who do we want in the playoffs?

The Broncos are in disarray. If they hold on long enough to get into the playoffs, I can envision a Ravens revenge blowout. Especially if they try a late season rookie QB switch.

The Jags aren't far behind. Del Rio must be desparate, starting Garrard.

"Jets" also sounds like a nice 4-letter word = pushover.

I do not want to get anywhere near the Chiefs or resurgent Dolphins.

Did you also mention "the Steelers"?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

If I had my pick, I'd like to see the Jets and Jaguars take those spots. I think we've got a pretty good chance against either one; however, I want that #2 seed, so we can skip the first round altogether. In which case we might not care who gets those wild cards.

The last team I want to see is San Diego again. I don't know if we'll be able to take them down twice. We don't match up very well against their offense, and their defense puts on a pretty good pass rush (when healthy). We'll need more than 16 points if we face them again.

I can't imagine the Stealers, Cinci, Jets or Miami in. Barring disaster, the 6 seed should go to KC or Jax.
    in order:
    1) bring on Denver! Ravens just missed beating them at Mile High; should definitely win in Balmer, as 1) improved offense, and 2) Plummer's playoff record.
    2) Jax is tough, but streaky, and I think the Ravens D can shut them down.
    3) Chargers are good, but 1)Ravens beat them once, and 2) Marty Schottenheimer is not a good playoff coach.
    4) KC waxed us the other year; Trent Green & co can put 30 up any week. home field would be critical in this one.
    5) Colts; every year they lose in the playoffs, but maybe if they keep knocking they'll break through. They've won the last few meetings with Ravens, but they've been close, and I think Baltimore is a better team this year.
    6) Patriots. Billichek. Brady. a postseason record of something like 12-2 this era. lots of folks say this team isn't at the same level; I hope so.

Obviously for a first round you'd like the Jets - they are overachieving and this team would eat up Pennington and the running game.

Man, after today I'd say there's no one I'm all that afraid of in the playoffs. The Chargers are IMO the best all around team in the AFC other than us, so I'm really glad we've got the tie-breaker on them.

But we just look so good when we're on...

- C -

If we're the 2 seed I want the Pats in the 2-3 matchup. If we're the #1 seed give me those cocky Chargers and their bitter fans in the 1-4 matchup.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

I want fans who won't sell out to Stealer morons...

I would take the Chargers - QB with no playoff experience that could get rattled easily in a loud playoff atmosphere.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Who do we want in the playoffs?

Us - I want US in the playoffs.

This thread constitutes such a massive karma violation that LR has to outsource her chicken sacrifices to SE Asia (where her minions have been hard at work since sunrise Monday).

LR's overseas contact (center) berates subcontractors for not meeting sacrificial quota before lunch.

BS