1. Arrow The Chargers are going to win The Super Bowl

That's what Shawn Merriman annuonced after his reinstatement today!! I wonder what these guys are thinking when they make such bold predictions:insane: If the Chargers have to come through Baltimore in the playoffs, Shawn WILL eat his words

Re: The Chargers are going to win The Super Bowl

'Roids make you talk crazy.

Don't listen to anything Merriman says, that's just Roid Rage talking.

anyone got Marty Schottenheimer's playoff record?

anyone got Marty Schottenheimer's playoff record?
    I know you were half-joking, but yes:

5-12.

That's bad...REAL bad considering some of the teams he's taken to the playoffs. I think the Chargers are right up there with the Ravens. I don't think Marty can screw this one up....

(can he?)

I have more fear of them than perhaps any other team. We only just beat them,and lets face it they should have beaten us!

Marty gets way too conservative in the playoffs, which explains his dismal playoff record, but I think he finally figured it out. They are a very dangerous team.

Maybe they will......next season.

Why is everyone worried about the newest darling of the talking heads?
    Our Defense will control LT, and with that and their less then stellar Defense, they are an easy victory.
    And likewise with the Dolts should we meet them.
    Nobody out there is going to run on the Ravens, and because of that we will make ANY QB we face look like little Ben did sunday including Palmer tomorrow.

Remember back in 2000, people weren't giving us much chance against that Titans team (they went like 14-2?). We all know how that turned out. The Ravens are playing lights out right now and I really like their chances to be playing in Miami. Positive Waves!!!!!
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Yeah, the Chargers are probably with us as the two most well rounded teams in the NFL. If one of our top defenders said we're gonna win the Superbowl, we'd be going nuts screaming "hells yeah!", and Charger fans would be shaking their heads at him.

Not that I don't think we can beat them, but the Chargers are the team I fear the most in the playoffs.

- C -

I'm kinda with Pops. The Charger may be good, and I worry they may not lose and take away our first round bye. But I love us with them in a head-to-head matchup. No one can run on us. Not even LT. Remember how hot Tiki Barber was in 2000 leading into the SB? He was a total non-factor.

A team that can spread us out like the Colts worry me a bit. But after how we played them the last two years, we are finally ready to beat them.

I think the team that scares me the most is the Pats. If anyone can scheme to neutralize our attacking defense, I thinks its Belichek and Brady. And as for toughness on D, the Pats seem to get twice as nasty come January.

But with McNair and RayRay leading us, I know we can beat any of these teams. Heard a great quote about Ray in the offseason. "Ray is a master motivator. He elevates the play of everyone around him. Ray is the kinda of guy who can convince you to walk through fire, cuz with Ray Lewis on your side, the fire doesn't stand a chance."