Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: OT/Site going to the dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    Brooke White is hot.
    By "hot", do you mean "looks like she was beaten repeatedly with the ugly stick"? Cause if you did, then I agree...

- C -

Alright, I suppose I need to check my man card in at the door and chime in on this thread.
    I'll start by saying I have watched every season of American Idol except season one.
    Pretty much watch it every week with my family who also enjoy it.

Part of the problem with that show is that it almost seems to become a popularity contest amongst the teenie bobber girls who probably do the majority of the voting more so then a talent contest.

If the young dude Archuleta wins this season that will pretty much confirm that.

To me, this season has alot to be desired versus some of the previous seasons regarding the talent level.

No question that dude David Cook is musically talented, and very well could win if the voting is strickly done on talent alone.
    That Billy Jean song he did last night was unbelievable, as have several of the songs he has done in different arrangements.

The African American girl on there this season (name slips my mind) is also pretty talented vocally, but not as gifted musically as a whole as David Cook is.

By no means do I think Brooke White will be pasted on the cover of Playboy anytime real soon, but saying she looks liuke she was beaten with an ugly stick is just a wee bit overboard if not hugely overboard.

To me, comments like this remind me of some of the cats on here that comment on some of the hot chick threads about how they wouldn't screw certain ones when we all know they'd be drooling at the opportunity to do so.

Not all the contestants turn out to be great recording artists, etc., but certainly many of them have gone on to have pretty good to great carreers since being discovered on American Idol.
    If it wasn't for that show, nobody would have ever heard of Carrie Underwood who is one of the biggest selling artists in the music industry right now.
    Chick has won countless awards since being on that show.

Forgot to mention, she also looks like she's been beaten with an ugly stick too.

Having Paula Abdul on there as a judge brings the show down unfortunately.
    I'm not sure what freakin' planet she's on when sitting there, but I'd swear she's been smoking crack prior to going on the show.

I'm gonna pick my man card back up now since I'm about to exit the door here, but I can assure you (as several others on here can) that I'm no teenie bobber drooling over the latest undiscovered heart throb on TV, but more of a dirty old man that appreciates music, good singing (yes, there are some good ones on there sometimes) and good looking women.

Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    btw3: forgettabout Matt Ryan. He's not that great. Not worth #8, especially with so much other QB talent in the draft. I watched Ryan and Flacco three times each last season, once each in person, and I thought Flacco looked to be a better pro prospect. If Ryan falls to #8, try to trade down and, as the article mentioned: go for Flacco, Brohm, or Chad Henne. Or another guy I liked watching last season, but he's not often mentioned as a 2nd rounder: Andre Woodson.
    Ryan will be a Raven if he's at #8 and we'll be lucky to get him.

Sorry if I'm not gonna go along with your assessment of him seeing as your assessment of Boller was, shall we say, off the mark.

The reason Woodson isn't mentioned as a 2nd rounder is because he's fallen off the face of the draft board.

And for good reason.

You want Woodson in the 2nd yet would pass on Ryan in the 1st?

Yikes.

PP

Albeit a bit harsh, I will wade in here in agreement with Rochardnik. The first seven paragraphs dealt with a reality show, not Ravens football. I don't see any connection. By the time I got down to reading about Kyle Boller, Matt Ryan, etc., I couldn't focus because I was bewildered by the babble about American Idol and Brooke White. Bad article as a result. C'mon Tony, even though it's the offseason, you can do better!

btw: reality shows suck. Really suck. The networks put them on because they are cheap and they can pad their ratings by attracting prepubescents of both sexes, and teenage and young adolescent girls, plus a few adults with low IQs. :grbac:

btw2: Who is Brooke White? And what does she have to do with Kyle Boller? (Is he banging her?)

btw3: forgettabout Matt Ryan. He's not that great. Not worth #8, especially with so much other QB talent in the draft. I watched Ryan and Flacco three times each last season, once each in person, and I thought Flacco looked to be a better pro prospect. If Ryan falls to #8, try to trade down and, as the article mentioned: go for Flacco, Brohm, or Chad Henne. Or another guy I liked watching last season, but he's not often mentioned as a 2nd rounder: Andre Woodson.
    Reality TV is will be the fall of Western Civilization.
    If Ryan is availible at 8 I would take him, if I can't trade down.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

My wife watches American Idol and as a result I catch bits of it.

It is a talent show, something that has been around forever. While I wouldn't watch it myself, I see nothing wrong with it. It is a singing competition. It isn't reality TV like Big Brother or Survivor or the fat people losing weight.

I'll check my man card in as well. I watch the show religiously after the auditions are done. There are really talented people on the show. That version of Billie Jean that David Cook did last night was pretty awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Having Paula Abdul on there as a judge brings the show down unfortunately.
    I'm not sure what freakin' planet she's on when sitting there, but I'd swear she's been smoking crack prior to going on the show.
    I gotta disagree with you there. Paula is the most entertaining part. Nothing like a live train wreck.
    I'm watching AI for the first time in years, and yeah, it is bad. That is kind of the point. It's no more banal and mindless then all the other crap on tv, reality show or scripted.
    I mean really, What on network tv right now is at all intelligent? The only shows I can think of are Lost and The Office (which may have jumped the shark already, we will see).
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post

Sorry if I'm not gonna go along with your assessment of him seeing as your assessment of Boller was, shall we say, off the mark.

The reason Woodson isn't mentioned as a 2nd rounder is because he's fallen off the face of the draft board.

And for good reason.

Yikes.

PP
    Anyone else see a scenario where Matt Ryan is available at 7 (NE), but someone (TB?) trades into the 7 spot to take him ahead of us?? This is my current hunch.

Wink Re: OT/Site going to the dogs!

Yikes.

PP
    Putting words in my mouth again, Poe? Where did I say to expend a 2nd on Woodson? I was merely asking the question out loud about his apparent fall-off out of the top rated rookie passers.

My preference would be to see if we could get a good deal on a trade down from #8 to wind up with four picks in the first three rounds. (If Ryan were to fall to #8 and there were another team willing to trade good picks, then take the trade). If there are better quality DBs, OL, DEs, WRs etc. on the board in the 1st and 2nd rounds, I would like to see us go that way and pick up a QB in the 3rd or later round. If Henne, Flacco, or Brohm were to fall that far, or possibly Woodson, or a sleeper. Of course, if there is not the quality available in the other positions in the 2nd round, then pick up a QB then.

I had been hoping that Flacco's small school resume would drop him into the 3rd round, but that doesn't appear likely.

As to your Kyle Boller comments - one more time: I had been in favor of hiring a vet QB from the day that Boller was drafted. Unfortunately, our FO ultimately did just that, too late, with the wrong vet, at the wrong salary, and giving up a draft pick. Right now, Boller is the best of the meager lot of Ravens QBs.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

And for good reason.

Yikes.

PP
    Gotta agree with you here, purplepoe.

Ryan at 8 would be an absolute steal, and Ozzie would be crazy not to jump at that.

T, are you still hoping the light goes on for Boller and he can finally take the wheel of the ship in this, his 6th season?

Wink Re: OT/Site going to the dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Gotta agree with you here, purplepoe.

Ryan at 8 would be an absolute steal, and Ozzie would be crazy not to jump at that.

T, are you still hoping the light goes on for Boller and he can finally take the wheel of the ship in this, his 6th season?
    No. I just don't think that Ryan is worth a #8, and that he's not much better, if better at all, than the other guys projected for the late 1st or 2nd round. And I think that the Ravens have far too many other needs for low round draft picks .... at least 4 or 5 positions need upgrading via the draft.

Putting the eggs in the basket of a #8 choice at QB may be akin to seeing the Houston Texans with David Carr. No question that we should draft a QB. But we need other positions filled as badly or worse. I expect to see several years of rebuilding.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Putting words in my mouth again, Poe? Where did I say to expend a 2nd on Woodson? I was merely asking the question out loud about his apparent fall-off out of the top rated rookie passers.

My preference would be to see if we could get a good deal on a trade down from #8 to wind up with four picks in the first three rounds. (If Ryan were to fall to #8 and there were another team willing to trade good picks, then take the trade). If there are better quality DBs, OL, DEs, WRs etc. on the board in the 1st and 2nd rounds, I would like to see us go that way and pick up a QB in the 3rd or later round. If Henne, Flacco, or Brohm were to fall that far, or possibly Woodson, or a sleeper. Of course, if there is not the quality available in the other positions in the 2nd round, then pick up a QB then.

I had been hoping that Flacco's small school resume would drop him into the 3rd round, but that doesn't appear likely.

As to your Kyle Boller comments - one more time: I had been in favor of hiring a vet QB from the day that Boller was drafted. Unfortunately, our FO ultimately did just that, too late, with the wrong vet, at the wrong salary, and giving up a draft pick. Right now, Boller is the best of the meager lot of Ravens QBs.
    Sorry, I misread your statement about Woodson.

As for putting words in your mouth "again", please.

Your constant defending of Boller's play is well documented without me having to make anything up.

I just don't get this phobia to drafting a QB in the 1st round. QB is a glaring need (along with others) but clearly at the top of the list. If we're gonna be rebuilding for a few years as you say in another post, then why not start with a QB to build around? Not some later round project (Flacco is considered a project btw).

It's almost as if people are gun shy due to the Boller debacle. And it was a complete debacle from the top down.

That was 2003 when we drafted him. Time to move on and get ourselves a legit QB to compete in a division with teams that have pro bowlers at the position.

Again, if Ryan is there, the Ravens will pull the trigger. As far as trading down. Sure, I'd love to see it if Ryan wasn't there. But who's gonna trade up and for what player?

I'd say almost every team would like to trade down in every draft. The problem is, most don't want to trade up.

PP