Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: OT/Site going to the dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    OK then...

Brooke White is hot.

Who do you think will win Rochard? I'm saying David Cook.
    Who are these peolple? are they contestants?... I'm serious folks, I even change the channel when their commercials are on.. I wouldn't know !

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    My wife watches American Idol and as a result I catch bits of it.

It is a talent show, something that has been around forever. While I wouldn't watch it myself, I see nothing wrong with it. It is a singing competition. It isn't reality TV like Big Brother or Survivor or the fat people losing weight.
    Yes, it is. It's worse... If they don't have enough horrible contestants, they go out and look 'em up! So the non musical Cow can make fun of them! It's just a disaster!

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I'll check my man card in as well. I watch the show religiously after the auditions are done. There are really talented people on the show. That version of Billie Jean that David Cook did last night was pretty awsome.
    How can ANYONE change a GOD-AWFUL song into a good one?

As you admit to never having watched the show, or even commercials for the show, then it would seem your credibility in arguing against it is severely diminished. You are just coming across as an unreasonably prejudiced blowhard. Which is normally Greg's job.

Brooke White probably should be classified as 'cute' rather than 'hot'. Wrong adjective there. To say she's ugly is bull - as Fanatic said, she would not be the recipient of a boot out of bed.

I would not watch the show in a million years if my wife didn't subject me to it, but as Greg said it is a talent contest which, like it or not, has a large market and features decent performers. In general, I hate reality TV.

So in conclusion, we should take Matt Ryan at 8 if he's still there.

Our D has been our bread and butter for years. It would be foolish not to address the major short comings on that side of the ball. Brohm would most likely be there in the 2nd. CMac and a top CB in the draft with Reed and Samauri Rolle as saftey. That to me seals it up nicely. Then we would need a WR. I dont see where this is a bad plan and would keep our D up to speed. Whatcha think?
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven
    You are just coming across as an unreasonably prejudiced blowhard. Which is normally Greg's job.

I don't watch American Idol and don't care about it at all, but I have no problem with its existence, since a lot of people do obviously watch it and enjoy it (maybe for the wrong reasons, but whatever).

What I DO mind is how ever-present it seems to be -- I hate turning on some sports radio program and the first thing they talk about is American Idol (at length). I don't mind it being on since I don't have to watch it, but do I have to be ambushed by it in venues in which I don't want or expect to hear about it? I guess the answer to that question is yes.

For Idol and shows of that ilk it's certainly been the case in a few of the UK series that the person who "needs" to win it to launch their career usually wins it, so the most musically talented one will often make the final but ultimately lose out. Happened in the most recent series of the X-Factor (another of Cowell's creations) where a talented opera style singer lost out to a 20 something scottish kid who was shit but popular with the teenage girls.

On Woodson, he's fallen off the face of the draft boards because his technique isn't good enough. He's got some horrible inconsistencies in his accuracy and whilst he looks after the ball he misses on so many throws that he really should be making.

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    As you admit to never having watched the show, or even commercials for the show, then it would seem your credibility in arguing against it is severely diminished. You are just coming across as an unreasonably prejudiced blowhard. Which is normally Greg's job.

Brooke White probably should be classified as 'cute' rather than 'hot'. Wrong adjective there. To say she's ugly is bull - as Fanatic said, she would not be the recipient of a boot out of bed.

I would not watch the show in a million years if my wife didn't subject me to it, but as Greg said it is a talent contest which, like it or not, has a large market and features decent performers. In general, I hate reality TV.

So in conclusion, we should take Matt Ryan at 8 if he's still there.
    In the beginning, god created...., I mean I was forced to watch a few minutes a few years ago, so that is what I'm basing my opinion on... but as someone else here said, you cannot escape it! Every where people discuss it as if it were pertinent, had some hidden redeeming quality! It is THE most irrelevant topic in, at least my world, and I resent having it thrust upon me!... By the way, why are youse guys hijacking the thread and trying to discuss football!

Someone , please start a new thread! Here I am railing about it,:girlfight but I am tired of hearing about it? :insane: Someone kick this soapbox out from under my feet! I must be bored!!!!

Thumbs up Re: OT/Site going to the dogs!

Even though I detest reality (and "talent" shows), there is one good thing to say about American Idol: Carrie Underwood.

In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Hey Rochardrik,
    Do what I do...watch something else. Or read. Or surf the web. :)
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

I mean really, What on network tv right now is at all intelligent? The only shows I can think of are Lost and The Office (which may have jumped the shark already, we will see).
    House. Very good television right there! Lost seems to have found itself and gotten very good again. The Office is still really funny even if the plot lines are getting out of control. The writers do need to stop having Michael try to one-up his crazy factor every episode. The one where he drove into the lake was out there too far. Scrubs was also good though it's not really on anymore (maybe back for one more on ABC per rumor).

Other than that, Network TV sucks and I don't watch it.

I'm completely basing that off one pic I saw of her on the AI site, which must be a horrible pic cause she seriously looks like ass. As in, I would kick her out of bed unless I had a pass-out-drunk amount of alcohol prior. I don't watch the show, maybe I should check her out to judge a bit better.

And oh by the way, if you want hot chicks on reality shows, you need to check out Julianne Hough on Dancing with the Stars. My wife watches the show. I play poker. Till Julianne is on. When she's on, I'm pretty much 100% focused on the screen. That girl is SMOKIN' hot!!!

- C -